- 15+ strong experiences in system engineer, data analysis, database development, data mapping, data migration, data cleansing, transformation, integration, data import, and data export through the use of multiple ETL tools, client - server applications & database systems.
- Experience in testing and writing SQL statements.
- Excellent client support skills and strong collaboration with business partners and colleagues to develop a deep understanding of business methodologies, solution design, metrics and analytics definition and business process and issues resolution.
- Translate analytic data/insights into actionable recommendations by utilizing visualization tools, presentations and other means to effectively communicate clear and concise recommendations.
- Experience in SQL Server, SSIS, ETL, MS Access, SharePoint, Version Control
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Primarily responsible for designing, implementing and managing Analytical Database environment SQL Server for reporting.
- Designing, implementing and supporting Frontend version control on TFS.
- Supporting functions as a SME within structuring and managing data transformation and integration.
- Improving data integration preformation and helped improved the environment stability and efficient usage.
- Supporting implementation of sound software quality assurance activities to ensure the accuracy and precision of data sets and reports.
- Verifying accuracy of items being deployed to production environment by using Version Control, SharePoint, SQL Server, SSIS and ETL.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Maintained SQL Server Database; ensured accuracy of information and automated numerous functions.
- Fine tuning of database objects and server to ensure efficient data retrieval.
- Monitor and optimize system performance using SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Designed and implemented incremental and full backup policies and procedures.
- Created and implemented database design solutions in collaboration with programming team.
- Developed user defined functions and triggers to implement the requirements of the business.
- Performed database logical and physical design, maintenance, tuning, archiving, backups, replication, recovery, software upgrades, capacity planning and optimization for SQL Server database.
Confidential, McLean, VA
System Data Analyst/ Data Modeler
- Analyzed business production source data and working on ER Studio to create relational database model.
- Involved in various projects related to Data Modeling, System/Data Analysis, Design and Development for SQL server Database.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in process improvement, normalization/de-normalization, data extraction, data cleansing, data manipulation.
- Experienced in work environment consisting of Business analysts, Production database development.
- Created, documented and maintained logical and physical database models in compliance with enterprise standards and maintaining corporate metadata definitions for enterprise data stores within a metadata repository.
- Established and maintained comprehensive data model documentation including detailed descriptions of business entities, attributes, and data relationships.
- Developed, mapped spreadsheets for (ETL) team with source to target data mapping, physical naming standards, datatypes, volumetric, domain definitions, and corporate meta-data definitions.
- Exposed to overall SDLC including requirement gathering, development, testing, debugging, deployment, documentation, production support and Extensive experience in Project Management methodologies, Microsoft SQL Server database management.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
System Data Analyst
- Implemented complex big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing, and visualizing Gathers and processes raw data; data cleansing/normalization for DHS DF datasets.
- Experienced in creating and using SQL Server stored procedures, views, user defined functions
- Designed, tested, and implemented data translation configuration files (maps) for DHS DF using AWS, SharePoint, MS Access and Excel.
- Created and tested Jobs, SQL Mail Agent, Alerts and Schedule SSIS, DTS Packages.
- Developed data translation objects and data processing flow using current tools and software for DHS DF using Pentaho and Sqoop ETL transport technologies.
- Analyzed delivered data in the form of Oracle views in Unix environment, CSV and XML for NoSQL (Hadoop Accumulo) intake and ingest preparation
- Worked with key stakeholders, Source system SME & Tech personnel, PMO dataset coordinators, DF data scientists & data architects, the DF development, and operations teams to facilitate the dataset onboarding initiative.
Confidential, Bowie, MD
- Analyzed, extracted and manipulated healthcare data from SQL server database base on company business needs.
- Designed/Built Extract Transform Load procedures in SQL Server Integration Services.
- Created SSIS packages for Data Conversion using data conversion transformation.
- Generated monthly MMDM report base on business rules of healthcare production and customer’s requirements.
- Tested Complex ETL Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables.
- Developed applications, software, and databases to support network planning, expansion, and testing automation system, and using MS Access, and VBA.
Confidential, Dulles, VA
- Analyzed, extracted and manipulated wireless data from our SQL server, MS Access database base on GWS business needs; enhancing, maintaining and troubleshooting GWS network performance website for more than 10 clients. Designing, developing, testing, documenting, and implementing technical applications and application enhancements to GWS internal systems.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages including upgrading DTS to SSIS.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages.
- Designed, developed and tested applications using Visual Basic, SQL Server, MS Access
- Worked on Data migration (import & export/BCP) from Text to SQL Server.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Designed, developed and maintained the MBS-NUC database using Microsoft Access 2003, VBA. Collected user requirements, designed user friendly graphical interface, programmed built-in function to support and maintain MBS office Quality Assurance process. Major features of the database including calculating and comparing Loan information between the data entered by collector and source RDW data from Confidential internal database, generating all kinds of reports (Top ten error rate, Top ten seller with error and user productivity report, Etc.) based on comparison result.
- Users have different security level and access privilege based on the group to which they belong to.
- Transaction information including User Name, Loan Number, Modify, Add, Action Date and Time are completely recorded in database as audit trail for future reference.
- The database is deployed on Confidential intranet to enable multiple users to share the database usage.
Confidential, Sterling, VA
- As a principal engineer, maintained and developed new features for Automated Dispatch System in Visual Basic, C and AS400.
- The system has over 20,000 lines of legacy code and is the only dispatch system used by Confidential Same Day division, which dispatches thousands delivery jobs on a daily basis.