- Skilled professional in the IT industry for over 6+ years working in the field of Linux and advanced DevOps Technologies inside the cloud infrastructure utilizing AWS and Azure stack and managing applications using build release management.
- Designing and deploying applications using the AWS stack ( Including EC2, Route53, S3, ELB, EBS, VPC, RDS, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, IAM, KMS, Lambda, Kinesis ) and focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation , deployment services ( OpsWorks and Cloud Formation ) and security practices ( IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail).
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins as a CI Server, installed and configured Ansible plugin for application deployment on Tomcat hosted on AWS EC2 instance, updated the AWS CFT stack with the new AMI.
- Configured and managed AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) for a three-tier app stack, developed ansible playbooks to Install app servers Tomcat, JBoss, Install and configure Nginx , Httpd deploy applications, on to the AWS Infrastructure provisioned by Cloud formation templates.
- Experienced in managing servers in Microsoft Azure platform and used Ansible for managing Azure virtual machines . Converted .Net applications to Azure platform in Cloud Deployment.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes , Created Pods and managed using Kubectl to deploy & manage applications.
- Expertise in using different log monitoring tools like Splunk , ELK ( Elastic Search, LogStash, Kibana ) to see logs information, monitor, security and get the health notifications from nodes. Automated the installation of ELK agent (file beat) with Ansible playbook .
- Deployed applications in AWS EC2 running on Hadoop Clusters used AWS EMR to create and manage instances. Analyzed existing Hadoop Clusters on AWS EMR and used processing tools like Pig, Hive , Sqoop and Spark with Scala .
- Expertness in Configuration Management tools like Chef and Ansible in performing application builds Defect Management , Troubleshooting , version control and environment supervision.
- Experienced in writing Ansible playbooks for provisioning Infrastructure using YML scripts and successfully developed infrastructure in DEV & Staging environments.
- Hands on Experienced on creating, maintaining and administrating repositories in GitHub , Subversion and CVS as source code management within organization.
- Installation & administration of Nexus Repository to deploy artifacts build by Maven/Gradel and managed snapshots and released versions of code in Nexus Repository.
- Creating and converting build.xml into pom.xml to build artifacts in Jenkins and deployed in Nexus repository. Worked with development team to migrate scripts from ANT to Maven .
- Acquired experience with Web/Application servers Apache Tomcat , Google App Engine , IBM Web Sphere , Oracle Application Server , Jetty, WebLogic and JBoss .
- Experienced in creating Docker containers using Docker files to run multiple microservices applications worked on Docker components like Docker Engine , Docker Hub and Docker Registry.
- Experienced in setting up Kubernetes clusters for running microservices applications in Dev & Staging environment. Managed and created pods using Kubernetes.
- Expert in Server Builds , Installs , Upgrades , Patches , Configuration and Performance Tuning in Red Hat Linux and VMware environments.
- Experienced in setting up relational databases in cloud platforms like AWS and Azure , configured Aurora, MYSQL & DynamoDB in Dev , Testing and Staging environment.
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache HTTPD, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, LDAP, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix, Sendmail, FTP, Remote Access , Security Management Security trouble shooting skills.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure
Build Release: Jenkins, Hudson, Docker, Maven, Gradle, MS Build, Git, GitLab
Container/Orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Chef
Bug tracker & Testing: JIRA, Bugzilla, Junit, HP Quality Center
Servers: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Web logic, IBM Web sphere, IIS Server
Scripts & Languages: Shell Script Bash Script Python, Power Shell, Terraform, CFT
Databases: Aurora, DynamoDB Server 2000/2005/2008 , Oracle 9i/10g-PL/SQL
Operating Systems: UNIX, Centos6/7, Linux4/5, Ubuntu, Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Hands-on experience in infrastructure development and operations involving AWS ( CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, CodeBuild, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, EC2, EBS, Elastic Beanstalk, IAM, Security Groups, OpsWorks, Route 53, S3, CloudFront, Glacier, SQS, SNS, VPCs, DynamoDB, Elastic Cache, Lambda, API Gateway, AWS Import/Export, CLI Scripting ).
- Deployed the artifacts to Tomcat Web Server and Involved in development of AWS POC . Configured Ansible to manage AWS Environments and automated the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Auto scaling , and Cloud Formation Templates.
- Deployed and managing Web and application servers utilizing both traditional Python Scripts and with Ansible Platform configuration system.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins and provisioning highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and Ansible Playbooks.
- Worked on provision of the EMR clusters, resolved issues with Master and worker Nodes . Developed Python scripts using boto3 SDK to validate the EMR cluster environment and automated the deployment of the Spark applications on to the master node.
- Used Azure ARM Templets to provision infrastructure in On Prem & cloud environment. Customized Exiting Json templates and repeatedly deployed applications in Web and Application Servers.
- Managed Azure IAAS , Provisioning VM's , Virtual Hard disks , Virtual Networks , Deploying Web Apps and Creating Web-Jobs, Azure Windows server 2008/2012/R2 , Microsoft SQL Server , Microsoft Visual Studio and Windows PowerShell.
- Used Kanban Boards and agile to Track work progress in Azure DevOps . Integrated Webhooks in Azure DevOps/VSTS Continuously monitored code by Integrating SonarQube for Statistical Analysis .
- Building complex Automation flows using Ansible Galaxy by creating requirements in .yaml file and modifying existing Docker file and Ansible Play Book Bundle . Provisioned services in OpenShift platform.
- Used Ansible Libraries for modules through which provisioned complete cloud and on prem infrastructure. Used same Ansible playbooks for application deployment in Development & testing .
- Orchestrated and Migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terraform Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker and Kubernetes deployed using Kops .
- Used Splunk to Manage logs and tracking bugs in Dev, QA and staging environment. Successfully created Splunk dashboards and Extensive experience in creating Splunk UI experience and resolved search queries.
- Experienced in Troubleshooting . Splunk search, quotas, monitor Inputs, WMI Issues , Splunk crash logs and Alert Scripts. Converted complex logs into visual graphs and reports which easily simplified troubleshooting.
- Written Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in JSON and used YAML files to declare and call parameters to build t he AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code .
- Successfully created CI/CD Pipeline for cloud-based Java three -tire applications which were running on AWS and Azure. And automated those pipelines using Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, GIT & Nexus.
- Launched Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Experience in Virtualization technologies like VMWare , Vagrant and worked with containerizing applications like Docker and Kubernetes.
Confidential, Kansas City, KS
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, RDS, EBS, ELB, CFT, Auto-Scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS CLI and API Integration with Ansible Code.
- Automated AWS Cloud Deployments using Ansible, Python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates in Development & Testing Environment. Creating Alarms and Notifications for EC2 Instances , CPU Utilization , Disk Usage using AWS CloudWatch and SNS.
- Complete ownership to Build entire product using CI/CD. Ability debug and fix build issues across numerous Linux and Unix platform with hands on experience of Amazon AWS cloud.
- Maintained branches/forks in GITHUB version control for the changes made in playbooks as release and used Git-Hub and resolved conflicts while migration from Sub Version to GITHUB merge issues, Cherry-Pick , Code Promotions in GITHUB .
- Designed and distributed private cloud system solution using Kubernetes on CoreOS. Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Implemented various Docker components like Docker Engine , Hub , Machine , Compose and Docker Registry. Developed RESTful API for Cloud Management solutions based on Kubernetes platform, using Java .
- Reduced Build Deployment times by designing and implementing Docker workflow and running Docker Containers in a Production Environment.
- Used Maven Dependency Management System to deploy Snapshots and release artifacts to Nexus and share artifacts across projects in organization.
- Provisioned Infrastructure from scratch using Terraform in Cloud & on-prem Environment. Updated servers in development when there are any new updates smoothly.
- B uild artifacts ( WAR's and EAR's ) are deployed into a WebLogic Application Server by integrating the WLST scripts into bash.
- Wrote Python scripts to perform deploys in Tomcat Web server and WebLogic Application Servers in Development , Testing and Staging Environment
- Implemented Jenkins as a full cycle Continuous Delivery tool involving package Creation, Distribution and Deployment onto Tomcat Application Servers via Python Scripts and embedded those into Jenkins jobs
- Involved in deploying Splunk across the UNIX and Windows Environment . Also familiar with DevOps deployment tools like Chef and Ansible.
- Managing Monitoring solution using Nagios Environment and Updating monitoring parameter in Nagios with active and passive check.
Build & Release Engineer
- Deployed and configured Git Repositories with Branching , Forks , Tagging , and Notifications and proficient in deploying and administering GitHub.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects and Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, Views , and the Access Control Strategies.
- Implemented Jenkins for Continuous Integration Builds, Automated Deployments and Notifications, Monitoring, Tracking, Coordinating & Managing 'Issues' in DEV & Test Environment.
- Developed Build and Deployment scripts in Python and MAVEN as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments .
- Responsible for the Plugin Management , User Management , and END-END build and deploy setup using Jenkins and handled Nexus and Artifact Repository Management to deploy artifacts.
- Extensively worked in Jenkins like Securing Jenkins, Performance issues, Analytics, Scaling Jenkins, integrating Code Analysis using SonarQube and Test Phases to complete the CD pipelines.
- Hands on experience on Ansible . Authored many Playbooks for Node Management and Infra Management in OpenStack deployments and bug fixes with Ansible .
- Created Ansible Tower templates to provide teams in DEV, QA & Staging with an easier interface for kicking off jobs in cloud Environment.
- Integrated Maven with GIT to manage and used Pom.xmls for performing the builds in the multi-tier environment with parent and child POM dependencies.
- Integrated build tool MAVEN/ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as War & E ar from source code into Nexus Artifactory
- Hands on experience with Web and Application Servers such as Apache HTTPD, Lighthttpd , Nginx , Tomcat , WebLogic and WebSphere . Very well versed in python and Jython scripting to automate the WebSphere Administration tasks in Development and Testing Environment.
- Experienced in deploying ESXi host, Vcenter Server with an ISCSI storage solution, and connecting them to the network in a fault tolerant configuration to address the clients concerns about availability and uptime.
- Responsible for maintaining over 300 Dell ESXi host , which includes all updating and patching responsibilities as well as break/fix diagnosis and repair. Performed upgrades of vCenter server and ESXi hosts to vSphere platform. Designed, deployed, managed, migrated and troubleshot VMware vSphere Suit.
- Installed, monitored and configured Applications in Nginx and Apache Tomcat Server and establish connectivity to Databases and troubleshoot issues on the fly.
- Performed basic system monitoring , verified the integrity and availability of all hardware resources and key processes , reviewed system and application logs .
- Provided support by 24x7 on-call support . Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls , attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Worked on Disk Management like adding and replacing of hot swappable drives on existing servers, partitioning according to requirement, creating new file systems and growing new ones whenever needed.
- Process administration and management like monitoring, start/stop/kill various processes. Configuration and troubleshooting SSH and providing user level and system level trusting.
- Documented customer and software configurations and developed standard operating procedures and manuals for Trainees.
- Used various network protocols like HTTP, UDP, POP, FTP, TCP/IP, and SMTP. Worked on User Administration for new users which includes creating user account for new users and deleting account for the retired users
- Installation and upgrading of required patches, M anagement for Red Hat servers and maintained server’s environment in Development/QA/Staging/Production.
- Experienced in writing bash shell scripting to schedule and automate processes including full and incremental backups using tar and enlarge file systems.
- Performed system monitoring to check for system performance , disk usage and memory utilization using Nagios tool and Monitored TCP/IP network environment .
- Extensive experience in network management TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, NFS, VLAN. Worked with TCP/IP networking tool using them in network configuration , maintenance and troubleshooting .
- Wrote repetitive Jobs using Cron scheduling and used bash Scripts to accomplish the tasks on multiple servers. And, automated Performance tuning of Virtual Memory , CPU , system usage in Linux servers.
- Administered Red Hat servers for several functions including Apache/Tomcat servers, mail servers, and MySQL databases in both development and production.