- Team leadership
- Project management
- Advanced Troubleshooting Skills
- Microsoft Server and Desktop Operating Systems
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Hyper - V virtualization
- Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint online
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Linux and Sun Solaris system administration
- Cisco Meraki Wireless
- ESRI software and ArcGIS online
- Trimble hardware and software
- Dell servers and switches
- Hewlett-Packard servers and switches
- EqualLogic and Nimble Storage Area Networks
- SonicWall firewalls, analytics software and VPN solutions
- Apple OS X and iOS
- Vendor management
- Symantec backup products and Endpoint software
- Veeam backup software
- Cloud data backup software (Ctera, Iron Mountain)
- Cloud antivirus management (WebRoot)
- Spiceworks and Track-IT helpdesk software
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Rockwell FactoryTalk and HMI/SCADA software
- Directed the Information Technology department for the company, from building a company IT vision to running the Service Desk.
- Updated an aged infrastructure with virtualization and updated network equipment, saving on operating expenses and maximizing uptime.
- Ensured that the enterprise suite of applications was highly available along with upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Tasked to act as project manager for software implementation projects.
- Migrated Finance server to new, secure Linux server.
- Acted as liaison with city project stakeholders and Information Technology to mesh business requirements with ongoing technology upgrades in Public Works.
- Performed as senior tier - 3 systems support for critical Windows and Linux servers.
- Subject matter export for both Windows Server and desktop operating systems.
Information Systems Director
- In charge of driving technology for the company.
- Project management on internal projects and external vendors.
- Migrated customer billing to new online payment system.
- Planned and moved company to Microsoft Office 365 for email and project collaboration.
- Acted as mentor in training system administrators.
- Worked with department heads to define future technology path.
- Explored and implemented cloud-based backup and network protection software.
Geographic Information Systems Manager
- Built GIS team and infrastructure from the ground up.
- Managed SQL databases that stored company assets.
- Gathered requirements and worked with outside consulting firm to build a web application for presenting system assets for office and field employees.
- Planned and implemented mobile workforce rollout which consisted of iPads and ESRI software.
- Defined policies and procedures which included digitizing company data and defining processes to in corporate into employees’ job duties and enhance their knowledge of company systems.
Information Systems Manager
- Designed and implemented a disaster recovery plan, implemented help desk software for change management and to help define technology strategy.
- Led team of system administrators and held performance reviews.
- Reduced costs and administrative time by upgrading a heterogeneous infrastructure to current technology and standards.
- Directed daily operations, facilitating progress and managed capital and operations budgets.
- Implemented Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization to maximize resources and reduced equipment costs by two-thirds.
Senior Technical Support Engineer
- Implemented an enterprise backup system as part of the data center Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Mission-critical administrator for over 75 Sun Solaris and Microsoft servers in multiple locations.
- Developed intranet site for process improvement and documentation.
- Administered Apache web servers and multiple intranet sites.
- Built internationalized website with a team of business and technical leaders which was used to present a new mutual fund ranking system.
- Trained web team to perform HTML editing for various company web sites.
- Developed process improvement intranet for the company’s Confidential certification process.
- Composed all documentation for web server cluster which was used to setup a disaster recovery data center off-site.