- Systems Engineer offering IT experience including 16 years in the design, implementation, testing and support of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), and the following additional strengths and characteristics:
- Well developed project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with operators and diverse groups of people at all levels. I am results oriented, conscientious, and personable.
- Hard working team player willing to be on - call, work long or difficult hours, and assist others as needed; able to relocate and/or travel.
Confidential, Lakeland, FL
Senior Software Engineer
- Implementation of applications utilizing C#, C++ and MSVS used in verification of instant ticket data, insuring that it meets requirements applicable to that game.
- Design and developed wide variety of base and derived classes utilizing C# to enable quick turnaround on data verification of game ticket data prior to its being used in the printing process, which results in the production of actual, “live” tickets to be delivered to the client.
- Providing technical leadership and supervision of several junior programmers.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
ITS Operations Specialist
- Responsible for design, development, and integration of company’s LOCATE software product. LOCATE makes use of an ASP-based Server and makes use of RF-based communications network to implement a data and communications interface between field units and multiple server applications in a secure facility.
- Assisted and provided guidance to firm’s network and computing systems manager. Developed applications and /or utility on an as-needed basis to assist in these efforts using MS VBScript, MS Windows Command Line Interpreter and Windows Management Interface (WMI).
Confidential, Albany, NY
Senior System Engineer
- Provided 24/7/365 support for an Operations Staff in an active TMC, including development of applications using a variety of technologies (C#, C++, Visual Basic, SQL, CORBA, ODBC) to increase efficiency, reliability, and monitoring capabilities of the TMC and its staff.
- Designed, developed, and implemented C++ Class Libraries to encapsulate and provide extensibility for existing applications, using MIST Server Applications as the back-end tier.
- Designed, developed, and implemented extensive library of SQL-based report generation utilities using VB and VBScript, providing refined presentation of data in the form of Measure of Effectiveness (MOE) Reports and Microsoft Office objects.
- Handled diverse client requests for improving TMC Operations, efficiency, and accountability.
Confidential, Norcross, GA
Senior System Engineer
- Supervised programmers in accomplishment of above goals.
- Areas of focus included FTMS, ramp metering, travel time calculation, incident detection, automated message sign generation, network transport, and other utilities.
- Adhered to practices in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), using various models.
- Acquired expert level knowledge of C++, CORBA, TCP/IP Sockets, Visual Basic, Visual Studio, Windows Operating System and Networking, SQL Server, ODBC.
- Produced multiple custom FTMS Systems for a diverse client base.
- Designed, developed, and delivered a multi-tiered, real-time data acquisition and display solution running on Windows using Microsoft Visual Studio.Net, including: backend data acquisition and aggregation tier that made use of TCP/IP sockets;
- CORBA and C++ based backend, middleware and client tiers;
- Data presentation tier that included Active X Control objects and their business objects.
- Delivered a Visual Basic application that provided ability to display data from and issue control commands to custom field controllers. Legacy system communicated with was an installation of the Sydney Coordinated Adaptive Traffic System (SCATS).
- Conversion and redesign of software from a time-sharing system to one utilizing a network-based client/server paradigm using TCP/IP sockets; Development of a Data and Command Interface (DI/CI) for the newly ported FTMS.
Confidential, Hauppauge, NY
Senior System Engineer
- Provided 24/7 on-call support and management of all computing resources within the INFORM Traffic Management Center.
- Developed numerous systems and application programs using C, FORTRAN, VB, and SQL.
- Interacted closely with the Operations Staff, soliciting their input and developing solutions that successfully assisted them in performing assigned tasks. Respectful of staff abilities and opinions.
- Designed and implemented wide variety of FTMS related applications, including ramp metering algorithms, VSO data recording, automated sign message generation, real-time data display.
Confidential, Bethpage, NY
- Supported an active user community of 50 engineers and programmers, with responsibility for all VAX Open VMS upgrades and software installations.
- F-14D Lab: Designed, developed, and installed systems programs with emphasis on adherence to requirements of a DOD Secret level computing facility.
- X-29 Lab: performed multiple system upgrades; developed custom drivers to connect sensors to system to enable real-time data exchange with applications written to simulate aircraft in flight.
- Held DOD Tempest level security clearance for undisclosed project.