- Results - Oriented Professional with experience in IBM mainframe systems development and support, application design, database tuning and maintenance and enterprise systems implementations managing client engagements of varying size and complexity for government organizations, health care, financial institutions, and commercial clients.
- Strengths have been focused in risk control and compliance, analyze and provide alternatives to top management, coordinate new initiatives.
- Highly organized and dependable; work well independently and complete tasks with strong attention to detail and professional quality.
- Ability to deal with difficult/challenging clients: listen, analyze and suggest recommendations to solve client situations.
- Experience preparing statistical reports and related documentation.
- Exceptional interpersonal, client service and follow-through skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish, English)
DOS/VSE environment: IBM mainframe (z/OS and MVS) TSO/ISPF, IBM Utilities, Easytrieve, COBOL, CICS, QMF, SPUFI, IBM Debug Tool, CA-InterTest
DataBases/File Structure: DB2, VSAM, Flat files
Operating Systems: Windows NT,XP,Vista,7, 8,10
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, FTP
WebSphere Application Server: WebSphere
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:Systems Development Manager
- Design and implement custom technology-enabled business solutions, analyze develop requirements and specification of Legacy systems using strategic requirements and lead consulting assignments leveraging expertise in IBM mainframe systems.
- Troubleshooting systems problems and day to day issues.
- Design and write code to program maintenance and backup/disaster recovery services for PRITAS (Puerto Rico Integrated Tax Administration System) in IBM Mainframe Z-90 utilizing COBOL Enterprise, Easytrieve, VSAM, DB2, QMF, SPUFI, and CICS, IBM Debug Tool for Z/OS.
- Commissioned as programmer for multiple projects. Tested and modified communications programs—TCP/IP and MQSeries, improving message routing.
- Developed digital reporting management systems for Finance Division, electronic transmissions and subscription areas using COBOLII, CICS, and Easytrieve meeting CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Modified JCL to comply with new system processes and converted Easytrieve on-line to COBOL CICS.
ConfidentialSystems Development Manager
- Provide systems support and development for the Cash Management and Account Reconciliation Package/Service Management System (ARP/SMS) applications implementation.
- Includes project management, interface with Senior Business Management on decisions for the implementation.
- Supports on the systems development, using COBOLII, CICS and EASYTRIEVE, modify JCL to comply with the new system process.
- Extract files from the DB2 to feed the new applications.
ConfidentialSystems Development Manager
- Support on analysis & documentation for the implementation of new regulation changes.
Confidential, San Juan, PR
Systems Development Manager
- Systems interface with Senior Business Managers of the countries that we serve.
- Analyze and provide technical support to top management on business issues, new initiatives, risk, control and compliance.
- Evaluated and support the migration of the Data Center and their applications to a regional environment in New York.
- It includes the conversion to new applications and the use of all facilities that provides the region.
- Use MQ-Series to move the data to the new Data Center. Member of the Change Management Committee.
- Knowledge of Windows XP, Windows7 & Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project & Access).
- Managed service providers and employees on technology projects, budget tracking, project management and oversight and ongoing production support.
- Managed eleven Y2000 applications for repair, replacement of, Deposit Systems, Time Investment, Telephone Customer Protection Act (TCPA), Customer Information File (CIF), Account Profitability, Warehouse Transactions, Branch Automation, Cashtrans, MICM, Flexible CD’s and Booklet Statement.
- Organize and supervise mainframe developers in teams to support Deposits applications on the business projects.
- Implement various products from Time Investment, Deposit System and Loans for Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Bahamas and Panama.
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Programmer Analyst in charge of the branches applications. Main accomplishments: keep Deposits applications updated to promptly comply with the Bank Associations regulations; design, develop and implement Branch Automation to automates and centralize all information for the branches.
- Maintain deposits applications updated to promptly comply with the bank associations regulations; design, develop, and implement Branch Automation to automates and centralize all information for the branches.