An individual with several years of IT infrastructure experience gleaned from working within many different types of companies. I have a proven track record of resolving tough technical issues regardless of whether it is application, network, server or storage related. Also, I possess excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills plus I always work hard to bring every project that I am involved with to its fruition above or at its deadline.
Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 , Windows 7/10, Active Directory, VMware ESXi 6.5, Exchange 2010, Cluster Services, DFS, SCOM, WSUS, Microsoft Office, HP ProLiant & Blades, Dell PowerEdge, IBM X series servers, Shavlik, Symantec Endpoint, Remedy, ServiceNow, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, SNMP, RAID, SAN, NAS, Fiber Channel (FC), iSCSI, NFS, VLANs, wireless, VOIP, Cisco IOS, routers and switches, VPN, ASA firewalls, F5 Load balancers, RSA, WebEx, hardware break/fix, cabling, EMC VMAX, PowerPath, Solutions Enabler, SRDF, Unisphere, Cisco Fabric Manager, Netbackup, Powershell and batch scripting, MDM, Android, Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES), Good, IOS, Iphone, Ipad, MiFi mobile devices
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Windows Server Security Engineer
- Respond to weekly Nessus and Nexpose vulnerability scan reports generated by the Production Security team
- Coordinate the installation of missed operating system security patches and updating or removal of old vulnerable software versions ex. Adobe, Java, Wireshark with application support teams
- Performed PPME migrations of SQL clustered databases to encrypted VMAX 3 storage
Confidential, Carteret, NJ
IT Security Analyst
- Hired to implement “hardening” of Windows servers, Windows 7/10 desktops and network printers in order to remediate reported security vulnerabilities detected by bi - monthly scans
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Coordinated and planned the migration of 200 physical and virtual Windows 2008 servers to either Windows 2012 R2 or 2016
- Conceptualized an Active Directory Federation Services farm and Web Application Proxy for rollout to the cloud so that end-users could access multiple web based application located on different networks all while maintaining PCI DSS compliance.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Maintained the uptime of approximately 250 Windows 2008 R2/Windows 2012 physical and VMware virtual servers plus storage at 18 different locations across the U.S.
- Determine root cause analysis when troubleshooting SCOM 2012 reported technical issues throughout the organization regardless of whether there were network, server or storage related
- Built out racks with servers, UPS, switches, patch panels and other devices in multiple locations
- Configured RAID arrays for newly installed HP servers, installed various software packages and updated to latest service packs
- Managed VMware ESXi 6 host clusters located in multiple datacenters and deployed VM guest servers
- Automated user account, access rights and security group administrator in a multi-domain Active Directory forest using Powershell
- Created new email accounts plus investigated and remediated Exchange 2010/Outlook mailbox issues
- Schedule and perform monthly application, file, database and web servers patching first using WSUS and later SCCM
- Assist with backup tape storage and library management as well perform data restores upon request
- Helped planned and performed datacenter migrations and reorganizations
- Consult with EMC to resolve issues related to NX4 (Celerra\Clariion) storage units.
- Work with Avaya vendor to resolve issues with VOIP desk phones
- Troubleshoot BES and Good email client issues for Android and IOS mobile devices
- Helped keep technical documentations stored in SharePoint up to date
- Provide third level assistance to the Client Services Support team
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
Wintel Server Migration Specialist
- Perform online migration of data from Hitachi and EMC DMX storage arrays to EMC VMAX utilizing PowerPath Migration Enabler (PPME) Host Copy.
- Created SRDF device groups so that server-based applications can be failed over with minimum downtime between datacenters in the event of a disaster situation.
- Worked with IT Facilities in order to verify storage connectivity of servers before and after SAN switch port migrations.
Confidential, Newark, NJ
Datacenter Operations Engineer
- Responsible for Windows 2003/Windows 2008 server builds (Altris and Windows Deployment Services), firmware and BIOS updates, patch management (Shavlik) and antivirus installation (SEP11), P2Vs (VMware Converter)
- Respond to SNMP event triggered alerts from HP Sitescope and System Insight Manager consoles in order to maintain maximum server uptime.
- Check for signs of bottlenecks and performance degradation and perform root cause analysis for any system outages.
- Perform rack and stack of physical servers, RAID configuration, hardware break/fix and cable runs.
- Supervision of 2 node SQL/Oracle failover clusters and 4 node network load balanced fileshare cluster.
- Monitor HP SAN environment for hardware failures and troubleshooting utilizing HP CommandView.
- Perform physical walkthrough of the datacenter environment every hour in order to check for unreported equipment failures, monitor Computer Room Air Conditioning unit temperatures and UPS.
- Create and respond to HP Service Center trouble tickets when necessary.