Confidential, Arlington, VA
Windows Active Directory Contractor
- Work as part of a team to identify servers to decommission, co - ordinate the decommissions with relevant stake- holders, clean up active directory objects and meta-data and remove the domains trom AD.
- Migrate user and computer objects from legacy domains to new OU structure, and migrate user groups and computers to new OUs, enabling users and computers to log on to the new domain structure.
- Provide support to mission SMs during the transition period, providing upgraded documentation and procedures via
- IM to support staff, and escalating issues as appropriate when they arise.
- Advise and co-ordinate with other teams when there is cross-team impact concerning upcoming changes, including but not limited to PKI changes, RBAC implementations, hardware upgrades and\or RMAs, storage, backups, etc.
- Attend and represent relevant changes in the CRB and CCB review meetings, so the relevant teams and stakeholders properly informed as to relevant changes and schedules, with team actions appropriately co-ordinated.
- Handle messaging queue tickets on a daily basis, including OCONUS mission SM’s and CONUS Bureaus in Confidential .
Confidential, WASHINGTON, District of Columbia
Enterprise Messaging Architect
- Enabling Mailbox Archives in Exchange to reduce mailbox size in preparation to moving Messaging to the Azure Cloud.
- Also cleaning up Distribution Lists for moving from On-Premises to the Azure Cloud.
- Supported a small remote office (>25 users) in Office 365 cloud environment.
- This entailed provisioning new users, password re-sets, de-provisioning users (license management) and troubleshooting as needed.
- As clients would often specify security requirements, saving documents to Cloud environments (OneDrive, AWS, etc.) was often called out as something to dis-allow. This entailed provisioning images (Win 7, Win 10) and Mobile Devices accordingly.
- Mobile Device Management - installation and management of Blackberry Enterprise Servers, Mobile Iron, and Exchange Active-Sync.
- Supported Lync server 2013 environment. Supported Outlook 2010/2013/2016 (both 32 bit and 64 bit)
- Including Add-In issues, search issues (both local and Online) and various other performance issues.
- Troubleshooting LAN\WAN connectivity issues, including WAN optimization devices (Riverbed), load balancers (Coyote Point, Net Scaler) asymmetric routing issues and VPN issues.
- Liaising with a 3rd Party vendors for mail 'umbrella' support, including B2B TLS support, cross regional distribution list support, permitted and blocked senders support, delivery tracking, business impacting issues, etc.
- Training other support personnel in triage, troubleshooting and resolution methodologies for Outlook, Lync and desktop help tickets.
- Run daily PowerShell scripts to check on Confidential Health, Replication Health, Free Database Whitespace, free physical disk space, etc.
- Maintained a Secret Clearance, to support infrastructure required by client agreements.
Confidential, Washington, District of Columbia
Senior Software Engineer
- Develop and implement procedures for migrations, mergers and 3rd Party Vendors for large scale projects (i.e. Mergers, Mail Migrations, etc) and oversee project milestones, debugging targets as needed.
- Advise and collaborate on IT Policy and Procedure development and implementation (Retention Policy, Network access Policies, Acceptable Use Policies, etc) for review and issuance of the Board of Directors.
- Managing SaaS contacts with 3rd Party Vendors (Dell EMS, HR systems, Tikit, etc) and implement and document access in accord with security requirements.
- Manage all aspects of Active Directory (DNS, DHCP, Rights management, Schema Extensions, Group Policy, Sites and Services, IPAM, etc)
- Maintain and monitor SLA's and systems via SCOM and custom Powershell scripting and alerts.
- Built and maintained BES server infrastructure and support.
- Maintained RSA Secure ID Infrastructure, as well as Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2012 R2 server deployment, both physical and Virtual (VMWare.)