- Having 13+years of experience in IT industry comprising of software development, AWS Data Architect, build release management, software configuration, design, development and cloud implementation.
- Cognitive about designing, deploying, operating highly available, scalable, and fault tolerant systems using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Extensively worked using AWS services like EC2, S3, Elastic Search and Elastic beanstalk, DMS, Redshift and IAM along with wide and in depth understanding of each one of them.
- Highly skilled in deployment, data security and troubleshooting of the applications using AWSservices.
- Experienced in implementing Organization DevOps strategy in various operating environments of Linux and windows servers along with cloud strategies of Amazon Web Services.
- Proficient in writing Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in YAML and JSON format to build the AWSservices with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Implement, support, maintain, and optimize various ETL jobs.
- Gained experience in deploying applications on to their respective environments using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Experienced with event - driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to trigger various AWS resources.
- Acquired practical exposure with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins, Bamboo and AnthillPro to merge development with testing through pipelines.
- Worked with Docker container infrastructure to encapsulate code into a file system with abstraction and automation
- Involved in the functional usage and gained working knowledge of web servers like Tomcat, HTTP, JBOSS, IIS, Websphere, WebLogic, and Nginx.
- Exposed to build tools like ANT, MAVEN and bug tracking tool JIRA in the work environment.
- Experienced with installation of AWS CLI to control various AWS services through SHELL/BASH scripting.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL queries and scheduled tasks using cron jobs.
- Experienced in version control and source code management tools like GIT, SVN, and TFS.
- Good knowledge in relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLServer, Oracle, DynamoDB, MongoDB.
- Possess working knowledge with Python and Ruby in writing scripts to automate software configuration process with Chef and Puppet.
- Worked on various operating systems like Linux, Ubuntu, Windows, MAC, CentOS.
- Possess high working qualities with good interpersonal skills, high motivation, fast learner, good team player and very proactive in problem solving to provide best solutions.
- Authorized to work in United States for any employer
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
AWS Solutions Architect
- Design, document, develop, execute and test automation plans from business requirements.
- Responsible for architecting, designing, implementing and supporting of cloud-based infrastructure and its solutions.
- Played a key role in migration on premise databases into AWS Cloud into PostgreSQL, Dynamo DB and Amazon Aurora.
- Migrated the enterprise data warehouse into Amazon Redshift.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and orchestration tools such as Chef.
- Proficient in AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, EBS, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, and CloudTrail.
- Experienced in creating multiple VPC's and public, private subnets as per requirement and distributed them as groups into various availability zones of the VPC.
- Created NAT gateways and instances to allow communication from the private instances to the internet through bastion hosts.
- Involved in writing Java API for Amazon Lambda to manage some of the AWS services.
- Used security groups, network ACL's, internet gateways and route tables to ensure a secure zone for organization in AWS public cloud.
- Created and configured elastic load balancers and auto scaling groups to distribute the traffic and to have a cost efficient, fault tolerant and highly available environment.
- Created S3 buckets in the AWS environment to store files, sometimes which are required to serve static content for a web application.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java.
- Configured S3 buckets with various life cycle policies to archive the infrequently accessed data to storage classes based on requirement.
- Used IAM for creating roles, users, groups and implemented MFA to provide additional security to AWS account and its resources.
- Written cloud formation templates in json to create custom VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications.
- Implemented domain name service (DNS) through route 53 to have highly available and scalable applications.
- Maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers using Cloud Watch service.
- Created EBS volumes for storing application files for use with EC2 instances whenever they are mounted to them.
- Experienced in creating RDS instances to serve data through servers for responding to requests.
- Created snapshots to take backups of the volumes and images to store launch configurations of the EC2 instances.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Acquired immense knowledge with configuration management tool Chef.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for installing Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere and for configuring load balancers and fail over.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT from scratch.
- Responsible for performing tasks like Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control Tools like SVN, GIT.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, EBS, RDS, Route53, ELB, Cloud Watch, CloudFormation, AWS Auto Scaling, Lambda, Elastic BeanStalk), GIT, SQL, Jira, AWS CLI, Unix/Linux, Ruby, Shell scripting, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Nginx, Tomcat, JBoss.
Confidential, San Francisco CA
- Developed and implemented software release management strategies for various applications as per agile process.
- Worked extensively with AWS services like EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, AutoScalingGroups, Route 53, IAM, CloudTrail,CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudFront, SNS, and RDS.
- Gained good experience by working with configuration management tool Ansible and CI/CD tool Jenkins.
- Managed Amazon redshift clusters such as launching the cluster by specifying the nodes and performing the data analysis queries.
- Worked on AWS Elastic Beanstalk for fast deploying of various applications developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache and IIS.
- Set up and built AWS infrastructure with various services available by writing cloud formation templates in json.
- With the help of IAM created roles, users and groups and attached policies to provide minimum access to the resources.
- Created topics in SNS to send notifications to subscribers as per the requirement.
- Worked on the databases of the Amazon RDS and carried out functionalities for creating instances as per the requirements.
- Designed Java API to connect the Amazon S3 service to store and retrieve the media files.
- Implemented Amazon RDS multi-AZ for automatic failover and high availability at the database tier.
- Created CloudFront distributions to serve content from edge locations to users so as to minimize the load on the frontend servers.
- Configured AWS CLI and performed necessary actions on the AWS services using shell scripting.
- Written cron jobs to perform operations at a scheduled time.
- Implemented CloudTrail in order to capture the events related to API calls made to AWSinfrastructure.
- Defined all server types in Ansible, so that a newly built server could be up and ready for production within 30 minutes OS installation.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Enabled Continuous Delivery through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Jenkins.
- Involved in scrum meetings, product backlog and other scrum activities and artifacts in collaboration
Environment: AWS (S3, Redshift, EC2, ELB, AutoScalingGroups, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, CloudFront, IAM, SNS, RDS, Route 53, Elastic BeanStalk), Jenkins, Ansible, Shell/Bash scripting, Python, JIRA, GIT)
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Involved in Hybrid Cloud (AWS) - Implementation and managing the services, it is one of the huge project in COC (Cloud Operations Center) that I have worked on.
- We have around 500+ Windows instances and 20+ Linux instances, automation using Python scripting for daily backup, AMI and scheduling the Start and Stop instances using Lambda functions.
- Involved in updating the Windows patching monthly once for QA, Test and Prod environments.
- Involved in building up and managing the environment on AWS Cloud by using the majority of the services like AWS Accounts (Multiple Root Accounts), EC2, VPC Layout, Availability Zones, Subnets, Tiers, Security Groups, NACLs, Routing Table, Internet Gateway, RDS, EC2 Key Pairs, VPC Peering, NAT servers, IAM Role and Policy, Route 53, AMI, Volumes, Snapshots, S3 and Cloud Watch.
- Building database and application servers using AWS EC2 and creating ready to deploy custom AMI's.
- Built and deployed a Java web application to EC2 application servers in a Continuous Integration Agile Environment and automated the complete process.
- Building highly available infra in AWS up on requirement and design by using the above services.
- VPC management and design.
- Analyzing AWS infra and consulting best approaches for cost effective methods to customers.
- Incident management, Change management and Problem management.
- Using remedy for ticketing and monitoring of servers and immediate act on issues.
- Automated Infrastructure deployment in AWS utilizing Puppet to completely provision and manage AWS cloud resources like EC2 instances, S3, ELBs, and Volumes.
- Building database and application servers using AWS EC2 and creating ready to deploy custom AMI's Utilizing Oracle DB (RDS) for the database tier.
Environment: AWS, Tomcat, Apache, Nagios, Jenkins, Terraform, Python, Ubuntu, Cnetos, Linux, CLI, Elb, Sqs, S3, CloudFormation Templates, Rds, Cloud Watch.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Migrate SVN repositories to Git and administrate Gitlab to manage Git repositories.
- Build and improve the reliability and performance of cloud applications and cloud infrastructure deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Create and attach volumes on to EC2 instances.
- Configure AWS VPC with public and private subnets.
- Apply Auto Scaling and Elastic Load Balancing to create high availability and fault tolerance to EC2 instances
- Install and configure Apache, Nginx, Drupal, and Word Press on Ubuntu and Amazon Linux instances.
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Prod.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Very good understanding of Ruby scripting, using various gems, ERB Templates etc.
- Testing Cookbooks with Test Kitchen and Docker containers even before uploading to chef server.
- Very good understanding of using Roles, Environments, Data Bags and their encryption with Vault etc.
- Good understand of Knife, Chef Bootstrap process etc.
- Practical understanding and experience in scaling Chef with 100's of agents and few Chef Servers.
- Generated Ant, Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Wrote python routines to log into the websites and fetch data for selected options.
- Automated the deployment and server bounce process is by creating the scripts using WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST)
- Deployed using Admin console into WebLogic Application Servers.
- Build artifacts (war and ear) are deployed into a WebLogic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Presented reports to the Project manager about the progress and issues tracking key project Milestones, plans and resources.
- Involved in troubleshooting of user interface using JSP.
- Pushed releases to QA, Beta, and production environments.
- Worked closely with the team to review code for compatibility issues, resolve issues as they arise, and implement deployment processes and improvements on a continuous basis.
- Incorporated the Code Quality Tools to Find Bugs and Covertures into ANT Projects.
- Used Jenkins to perform automated Builds and Deployments.
- Expert in User Management and Potlugin Management for Jenkins.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to apache web servers.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
Environment: Oracle WebLogic 9.x/10.x, Ruby scripting, Python scripting, Oracle 11g, Solaris 10, LINUX, SVN GIT, ANT, Jenkins, LDAP, HP Quality Center, Wily.
Confidential, Boston, MA
SAP BASIS Administrator
- SAP 4.6C System Installation & Configuration on windows 2000 Advance server.
- Configured STMS and transport development to QA and Production.
- SAP System Backup & Recovery with sapdba and Operating System Tools.
- User & Role administration - evaluating, granting, revoking, maintaining user authorizations.
- SAP System & Client Copy, Spool and Output Administration - maintenance of output devices, deletion of old spool requests.
- System Configuration for Performance Optimization - setting memory and database parameters to improve system performance.
- Responsible SAP database administration work, Oracle DB tablespace growth administration with sapdba
- Error and dump Analysis - through OS log, System Log & Database log.
- Workload and Performance Monitoring - through Work Process Monitor (SM50), Tune Summary (ST02), Database Performance Analysis (ST04).
- Storage Management - periodic deletion of SAP archive files, redo log files.
- Applied SAP Support Packages, CRT Packages and SPAM (Support Package Application Manager) upgrade and Oracle 8i Database Administration.
Environment: SAP 4.6, ECC 5.0, BW, CRM 7.0 and EP
SAP BASIS Administrator
- Created Adobe form Sales order, PO, invoice and delivery.
- Daily monitoring activities such as analyzing System Logs, System dumps
- Working with Background jobs.
- Transport management Systems. Importing transport request to respective Clients.
- SAP GUI Installations
- Monitoring the system and performance by the Daily Health checks.
- Applying Support packages and notes.
- SAP Spool administration and configuring printer using different Printer Access Methods.
- Analyzing Short Dumps
Environment : SAP 4.7, ECC 5.0 & CRM