Cloud engineer with 14 years’ experience in systems and network administration, managing server infrastructures and data center operations across various platform (Unix, Linux, & Windows). Expert level knowledge of Confidential Ec2, S3, RDS, ELB, SQS, SNS, SES, and other various cloud services that comprise of IAAS, PAAS, SAAS. Deep understanding of AWS components such as Ec2, VPC, Elastic IP, security groups, Route 53, Cloudfront and IAM. Architect, design, and develop Backup and archival solutions, Disaster recovery in the cloud. Complex deployments utilizing cloud formation, and AWS CLI.
A growth oriented position that will utilize my vast, creative skills, and exceptional ability to adapt to a diverse array of software and hardware platforms and programming languages.
Exchange Services : Exchange 2007 SP2, 2010, 2013 RTM Installation & Configuration
Active Directory: Microsoft Active Directory (2000, 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2) Administration / Programming
Developer Tools: Visual InterDev & Studio 6.x, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013
IDE: Microsoft .Net Framework 1, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 C#, VB.Net
DevOps: Docker, Bash, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Git/GitHub
Cloud Services: PaaS / IaaS / SaaS, Microsoft Azure, Confidential Web Services, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Virtualization Platforms: System Center Orchestrator 2012 R2 Installation, Configuration, Deployment (Development), System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2, 2012 (R2) Installation, Configuration, Administration, Windows Hyper V Server 2008 R2, 2012 (R2) Installation, Configuration, Deployment
Applications/App Servers: Microsoft Cluster, NLB session Servers (All Cluster, NLB aware apps), Internet Information Services 6.x, 7.x, 8.x (WWW, RPC, FTP), Remote Installation Server / Windows Deployment Server / WAIK (Windows Automated Installation Kit) (Server 2012, Server 2012 R2), Terminal Services Server, Terminal Services / Remote Desktop Gateway, Web (IIS) Clients, Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 Failover Clustering / Load balancing
OS: Microsoft Client OS (NT4, Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10), Microsoft Server OS (NT4, 2000, 2003 (R2), 2008 (R2), 2012, 2012R2, 2016 Beta)
Database/DB Tools: SQL 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014 Mirror/Always On Configuration
SharePoint Technologies: Windows SharePoint Services 2.x, 3.x SP2, SharePoint Foundation 2010, SP1, SP2, 2013 SP1, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, 2010, 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2016 (Windows Insider Program),Dynamics CRM 2011, 2013 Infrastructure, Office Webs Applications 2010, 2013 SharePoint integrated (farm) and standalone (2013), Project Server 2007, 2010, 2013 SharePoint integration, SQL integration
Senior Cloud Engineer
- Establish AWS technical credibility with customers and external parties
- Help customers build scalable, resilient, and high - performance applications and services on AWS
- Develop/capture/document architectural best practices for building systems on AWS
- Designed and deployed applications in AWS using cloud formation with services such as Route 53, RDS, Dynamo DB, IAM, SQS, Ec2 & S3.
- Install and configure Chef server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes
- Route traffic between regions using Route 53
- Create users and groups using IAM and assigned policies to each group based on job roles
- Key Technologies and Skills:
- Expert-level knowledge of Confidential EC2,VPC, Confidential S3, Confidential SimpleDB, Confidential RDS, Cloud Formation, IAM, Route53, Cloud Trail, CodeCommit, Workspaces
- Elastic Load Balancing, Confidential SQS, SES and other services of the AWS family
- High-Availability, Fault Tolerance, Scalability, Database Concepts, System and Software
- Architecture, Security, IT Infrastructure, Virtualization, and Internet Technologies
- Excellent customer facing skills and communication skills
- Government / Public Sector client (AWS Migration Cloud Project)
- Developed technical assessments for new technologies
- 3rd party SAML/SSO integrations
- Develop hardened operating system baselines utilizing industry standards and best practice
- Perform and analyze vulnerability scans and penetration tests, review findings and mitigate vulnerabilities
- Security incident response technical liaison, assist with performing root cause and security response measures
- Hands on expertise working with network scanners such as Nessus, Nmap, and Burpsuite
- Conducting full-scoped penetration testing of cloud-hosted applications
- Providing guidance on network architecture and application security
- Monitor AWS instances and endpoints using Nagios & OpsGenie for On-Call rotation
- Managed multiple privately built (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) clouds in multiple zones.
- Automated existing stacks using multiple Ansible playbooks.
- Built local Docker environments for developers to replicate production.
- Initiated the beginning of Lambda usage rather than relying heavily on servers.
- Built highly scalable yet cost effective disaster recovery site in AWS.
- Ran penetration testing against dev/staging/prod environments and managed all Network Security.
- Lead IT technicians and integrated technology with development team.
- Optimized server count from 400 to under 200
- Setup up VPC with tight security restrictions
- Configured CloudFront and WAF rules to lockdown AWS consoles to specific IP Addresses
- Maintained 200+ server environments including VM hosts.
- Experience with after-hours emergencies as needed 24x7.
- Updated all infrastructure documentation
- Maintained customer’s security policy, addressed server, network and application related security issues.
- Managed 100+ clients both offsite and remotely in the cloud (AWS).
- Migrated ~1000 collocated on-premise servers to AWS
- Delivered Solutions to improve Cloud architecture, deployment for AWS Private and Public Cloud.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Worked on automation and continuous integration processes with Jenkins, Chef/Puppet.
- Created and maintained documentation of build and release processes and application configuration to comply with audit requirements and Industry best practices.
- Design EC2 instance architecture to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Creating CloudWatch alerts for instances and using them in Autoscaling launch configurations.
- Bootstrapping instances integrating with auto scaling.
- Created new Ansible playbooks and updated existing ones to automate deployments.
- Managing Confidential Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet and custom-built.
- Designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Configured G-Suite applications
- Migrated customer on-premise AWS, migrated AWS GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Analyzed the current stack, load and cost to brainstorm architecture in order to reduce the footprint and cost.
- Familiarity with Jira & Confluence products
- Managed customer and AWS cloud servers - FTP/ Linux Apache, LAMP, NGINX and DNS
- Undisclosed GOVT client (AWS Cloud Project)
- Architect/Engineer/Support Drupal projects in which 2.5 million web users per month would
- Secure web servers using AWS Cloud security principals and protocols
- Responsibility for server availability
- Support Ubuntu Server, CentOS, Windows, MYSQL with replications, Apache, Nginx, IIS, HTML MemCached/Varnish technologies
- Architect nested cloud formation templates using JSON
- Architect external ELB solution to facilitate cloud deployment to provide customer with SaaS experience
- Perform Data Center server migrations over AWS / Customer VPN endpoints using CloudEndure
- Implement Confluence/JIRA implementation on ec2 instances in AWS with MySQL RDS multi-az deployment for high availability and redundancy
- Department of Commerce (USPTO) (AWS Cloud Project)
- Support multiple nested stack cloud formation application templates, providing technical consultation and tool implementation using DevOps deployment strategies and principals
- Implemented Splunk Cloud to index, ingest and report data including application and system logs.
- Configured Confidential S3 buckets to Splunk cloud for log data ingestion
- Installed and test deployment of AppDynamics JAVA APM agents to determine baseline activity and performance metrics of applications
- Advise on Confidential Web Services best practices for a stable and secure cloud environment
- Department of Veteran Affairs (AWS Cloud Project)
- Architect, deploy, and support highly available auto scaled environment of web applications
- Configure cloudfront CDN network to securely deliver live studio quality video to 10k viewers
- Monitor network & servers for local studio networks and cloud servers/services
- Optimized cost savings for 200k of AWS infrastructure for client per year
- Continuous change management monitoring of instance configurations, resources, security groups, and best cloud practices
- Fortune 500 Company (Migration Project)
- Lead team of 5 with migration of Confidential .com SharePoint portals from on-premise solutions to a fully functional AWS Cloud Based Solution
- Deep understanding of ADFS and SSL Enabled SharePoint solutions
- Supporting the Confidential Inc. with SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010/2013 migrations.
- Lead design of development lab to test development solutions custom to Confidential Inc and 3rd party vendor migration tools
- Assessed Production SharePoint MOSS 2007 Farm, Production SharePoint 2010 Farm
- Developed custom reports/ scripts to monitor site collection usage and data growth over time.
- Copied and moved sites/site collections via Powershell/stsadm scripts
- Worked with analyst team on determining growth trends
- Gathered customer requirements and architected SharePoint relevant solutions based on data gatherings
- Worked with custom on SQL maintenance development scripts/plans
- Worked on custom disaster/recovery best practices for customer, and provided guidance on backup restore procedures
- Non-Profit Organization. (Migration Project)
- Installed, configured, budgeted and made hardware recommendations for a new SharePoint 2013 environment
- Configured multiple AWS web front ends, load balancers, SQL databases
- Implemented Kerberos throughout the farm to prevent double hops and increase security authentication
- Migrated legacy file share servers to new SharePoint 2013 environment
- Configured SharePoint 2013 branding solutions
- Identified problem with user navigation for corporate intranet suite and revised for a better user experience
- Perform automated migrations from 2003, 2007, 2010, to 2013 including server architecture, PowerShell automation, development support
- Provide installation, configuration support for CRM 2011/2013, with SharePoint 2010, 2013 integration
- Provide installation, configuration, development support for the following third party products:
- Nintex Workflow 2010
- Nintex Forms 2010
- Nintex Workflow 2010 for Project Server 2010
- Nintex Workflow 2013
- Nintex Forms 2013
- Nintex Workflow 2013 for Project Server 2013
- Quest Site Administrator 4.x, 5.x
- Metalogix/Axceler ControlPoint 5.x
- Metalogix StoragePoint
- Automate SharePoint build processes using PowerShell 2.0, 3.0 in accordance with Microsoft PLA (Product Line Architecture) standards (MS Office 365 (SPO) build)
- Perform load testing using Visual Studio 2013 Agent, Controller to baseline server hardware /virtualization performance
- Build automated services architecture, including migration from SharePoint Search Server 2010 to Fast Search 2013, including web analytics, AppFabric configuration
- Configure service apps external to SharePoint 2013 including SSRS 2012 (PowerView), PowerPivot 2012 (SSAS Vertipaq mode), Project Server 2013
- Develop SharePoint Designer / 2013 workflows and custom actions, to meet requirements for business processes.
- Provide infrastructure / security support for SharePoint including IIS 7.x, 8.x, SSL, AD (Kerberos, Claims), Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 performance and Active Directory configuration.
- Provide implementation, performance guidance of SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 R2 integration with SharePoint 2010 in SharePoint mode.
- Provide configuration including Kerberos/Claims based auth of SharePoint 2010 services such as PerformancePoint, Business Data Connectivity, and Excel Services.
- Perform Migration of SharePoint sites / site collections from SharePoint 2003, 2007 to SharePoint 2010 SP1 (Dec updates) using Visual Preview, including migration of custom written code from SharePoint DLL version 12 to 14 internal and external facing.
- Create / develop SSRS reports for consumption in SharePoint 2007/2010/2013 using Business Intelligence Development Studio (R2).
- Implement / service SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 SP1 cumulative updates
- Implement / service SharePoint Server 2007, 2010, 2013 cumulative updates
- Implement / service Project Server 2010, 2013 cumulative updates
- Provide Windows OS configuration, support and implementation
- Implement, configure Project Server, Team Foundation Server 2010, 2012
- Provide implementation, support for Claims based authentication, WS Federation
- Implement, support infrastructure for Team Foundation Server 2010, 2012 integration for SharePoint Server 2010, 2013
- Implement, support infrastructure for SQL 2008 R2 SP1, 2012 SP1 Remote BLOB Storage
- Implement, support SharePoint 2010, 2013 development environment
- Implement, support configuration for ISA Server 2006 using Kerberos Constrained delegation and Protocol transitioning
- Implement, configure, support Quest Site Administrator 5.x for SharePoint 2010, 2013
- Implement, configure, support Fast Search Server 2010, 2013
- Implement, configure, support Metalogix StoragePoint product
- Implement, configure, support Axceler ControlPoint product
- Provide PowerShell 1.x, 2.x, 3.x scripting support for SharePoint based products
- Troubleshoot SharePoint issues related to but not including runtime errors, performance issues, configuration anomalies, development errors
- Provide implementation and operational support for Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 SP2
- Supporting the Federal Government in SharePoint 2007 and 2010.
- Architected and led the development and deployment of custom solutions
- Lead team and interfaced directly with clients and staff to gather requirements, identify ricks, assign development tasks, maintain coding standards, coordinate user and team testing and deploy solutions into client ECM environments
Sr. SharePoint Engineer
- Troubleshoot network connectivity, and network access issues regarding SharePoint 2007
- Implemented CAC-Card authentication for SharePoint portal.
- Migrate site collection, subsites, lists, document libraries and data utilizing STSADM commands
- Design and develop custom SharePoint Solutions
- Worked with publishing, intranet-extranet sites
- Worked with SharePoint Document libraries, custom lists, custom features, and custom web parts
- Developed InfoPath forms and incorporated custom workflows
- Developed advanced search, search results, and core search results web parts as features in C#, also customized various out-of-the-box web parts
- Customized SharePoint Search using SSP (Managed properties, custom scopes/rules, authoritative pages, etc.)
- Performed branding and customization on master pages, CSS, using SharePoint designer
- Prepared various technical configuration/deployment documents
- Serve as 3rd Shift SharePoint Engineer supporting Domestic and overseas customers
- Develop and maintain MOSS 2007 applications
- Develop and maintain workflow applications using infopath forms
- Migrate MOSS sites while maintain data and site structural integrity
- Manage MOSS security/access across multiple SharePoint farms/tiers
- Develop and implement test plans
- Design/Implement Public Web IIS Security lock-down
- Monitor network services using NetIQ
- Expert knowledge of 3rd party products such as Bamboo, ControlPoint, DocAve, Syntergy, & Corasworks webparts
- In-depth knowledge of managing large enterprise rollouts of MOSS 2007
- Responsible for IIS/SQL optimizations
- Responsible for weekend maintenance of solution deployments and server configurations i.e, patching, etc
- Held responsible for the Design/Installation/Configuration/Administration of 5 SharePoint 2010 Server farms.
- Proven ability to deploy and administer hotfixes, updates, and services packs to WSS 3.0/MOSS 2007/SharePoint 2010
- Access and optimized SharePoint performance
- Deployed and configured SharePoint sites by creating/managing web applications, site collections, and enabling end user access
- Held responsible for collaborating with clients to define SharePoint/MOSS requirements
- Deployed and administered workflows.
- Planed, conducted and coordinated the design and implementation activities related to administration and upgrades
- Administered the front-end applications for MS Project Server 2007/2010 (Project Web Access) as well as associated SharePoint site collections
- Corrected programmatic errors in IIS, .Net and SQL Servers
- Performance tuning and monitoring of SharePoint web front-ends and backend databases
- Deployed custom SharePoint solutions and features
- Migrated Portals from SharePoint Portal Server to SharePoint 2010
- Gained proficiency in 3rd migration/admin tools such as DOCAVE, Metalogix, and Fast Search Server 2010
- Engaged with clients and outside vendors on service delivery applications based on business needs
- Monitored NetBackup activity and troubleshoot missed/failed backup jobs
Systems Analyst - Lead
- Managed and maintained VMWare ESX 3.5/VSphere 4.0 virtual environment through performance tuning and reporting
- Built and configured SUN Blade Servers
- Monitored network services using SCOM/NetIQ
- Hands on experience with CAT5/6 Cabling
- Managed and maintained servers and related services of multi-user computing classified and unclassified systems in a tactical environment
- Responsibilities included systems administration providing enterprise services and software support for CPOF, Exchange Server 2007, PKI, SharePoint Server, and NetApp Filer Solutions
- Held accountable for managing more than 20 terabytes of data across a series of NetApp Storage Devices
- Worked in direct coordination with peers and management to support infrastructure, including cabling, switches, logical unit numbers (LUN), and fiber adapter (FA) port mapping.; Lead backup and restore planning and execution
- Performed PKI/CAC administration to users in a tactical environment using Tumbleweed Validation Authority
- Performed patch management and problem management resolution for switches, routers, workstations and servers, providing technical assistance and consulting to users and tier II engineers
- Performed Cisco CME telephony administration such as voice dial peers, phone display names, and initial phone configurations
- Configured several switches, routers, conducted routine troubleshooting, created VLANS, configured interfaces, racked and wired switches
- Ensured that KG-175D TACLANES are working and performing encryption standards by DOD.
- Troubleshoot high profile server performance issues utilizing root-cause analysis and recommended appropriate actions
- Ensured information assurance vulnerability alert (IAVA) compliance, and hardened systems according to legal statutes, and governing regulations, directives, instructions, and security guidance (e.g. Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) security technical implementation guides (STIGs), etc.)
- Interpreted scan data and developed remediation plans based on results
- Contributed to the completion of specific programs and projects and develop solutions for the customers
- Supported Senior Executive Service members, General Officers, Flag Officers, and Senior Enlisted with desktop support in a Tier III support environment
- Performed all operations and maintenance for SharePoint, SQL, and CRM TMT
- Performed Backup/Restore actions for entire farm, content database, and document levels
- Configured Shared Services Providers (SSPs), web applications, site applications and multi-instance clustered SQL database services
- Gathered end-users’ business requirements and translated them into CRM Application functions
- Provided end-users’ for CRM system with post deployment support and gap analysis designs to complete the clients’ business requirements
- Created and developed Microsoft Dynamics CRM Custom parts (callout, workflow, data migration, email integration, new web forms, sitemap, and ISV functions) to plug into out-of-the box of MS CRM Solution
- Developed requirements based on business process analysis
- Managed portal access and configured area and team sites on the SharePoint portal
- Applied and verified all patches and service packs applied to environment
- Working knowledge of ISA Server 2006 for CAC authentication
- Built virtual machines utilizing VMWare ESX 3.5 architecture
- Designed and created MOSS 2007 Content Types for document templates, metadata, workflows and information management policies
- Provided general administration of MOSS 2007 and WSS 3.0 sites
- Interfaced Access 2007 database for data mining, developing queries and reports, and linking tables to portal content
- Provided day-to-day user support for custom workflow applications, Imaging Systems, and Records Management
- Provided virtual and/or recorded sessions on the application of specific technologies and associated best practices through live meetings or Adobe Breeze
- Monitored website usage reports, converted raw report data into finished presentations to be published on various web sites
- Demonstrated experience with administering MOSS solutions involving Knowledge Management, Collaboration, Content Management, or Document Management
- Acted as the SharePoint Server 2007 site collection administrator for users on (NIPR,SIPR) networks
- Configured navigation, websites, workflows, meeting workspaces, custom lists, libraries, and other web parts
- Planned and implemented site access control through Active Directory Users and Computers
- Modified pages and developed custom workflows using SharePoint related tools (Visual studio 2008 & SharePoint Designer 2007)
- Determined taxonomy of the electronic information on portal sites and network drives
- Developed InfoPath forms using custom XML scripts
- Served as Senior Advisor for SharePoint-based solution to build and oversee the Iraqi Ministry of Defense document collaboration portal
- Built virtual labs to train the Iraqi System Engineers on SharePoint using VMWare ESX 3.5
- Managed systems with Microsoft SMS 2003, Exchange Server, Active Directory, User Manager, Server Manager, and Print Queue Management; created user/computer objects; provided access to file shares, distribution lists, and security groups; installed computers, printers, digital senders and other peripherals and added them to the domain
- Ran fiber optic and CAT 5 cable, patched cables to switch panels; resolved port security and Layer 1 and 2 network connectivity issues
- Loaded software images on computers, replaced computer components, i.e., video cards, sound cards, hard drives, CD/DVD drives
- Scheduled conferences, set up and maintained VTC equipment (Polycom, Tandberg), resolved connection problems with VTC Bridge technicians
- Assisted users with setup and deployment of specialized software, i.e., Falconview, Webtas, FedLog, AutoCAD, PureEdge, PES, NavFit, Adobe Connect, Info Workspace
- Certified Information Assurance Security Officer; maintained safety and integrity of network by managing account access to NIPR, SIPR, and CENTRIX; maintained records of user's Information Security Awareness course s; resolved Common Access Card (CAC) log-in enforcement problems, removal of unauthorized software and virus-infected systems from network; updated workstation s to allow computers to be authenticated on network
- Trained Information Management Officers on Tier 1 troubleshooting to assist users in sections they are responsible for; developed introductory course to teach IMO's various systems and network troubleshooting tools, overview of common issues with specialized software, basic instruction on software programs, and how to use Active Directory for basic account issues, i.e., password resets, Global Address List changes, security group and distribution list management
- Maintained MOSS 2007 presence to include administration of SQL Server 2005
- Supported operations and management of an Enterprise level domain in support of approximately 7,000 users and computer accounts
- Managed account resources, security groups, Group Policy Management, file and application servers
- Monitored, operated and maintained LAN servers to ensure optimum performance
- Summarized and interpret information to Command Staff on network outages
- Performed daily & weekly preventive maintenance on all network servers
- Provided guidance on reporting, diagnosing, and resolving domain issues
- Analyzed work being performed and institute solutions for innovative and more efficient work processes/procedures
- Maintained security and vulnerability updates and patches to approximately 40 servers
- Gained expertise in design, support, and disaster recovery of Exchange 2003, IIS, SQL, Active Directory, DNS, and WINS.
- Insured that client workstations meet DISA security standards; Managed remote delivery of information assurance related software delivery patches
- Managed of SharePoint Portal Server 2003
- Maintained a virtualized environment utilizing VMWare ESX 3.0
Windows System Administrator
- Supported legacy application testing, migration, analysis, installation, configuration and deployment of Windows Server 2000 to Windows Server 2003 DFS Migration
- Ensured adequate hardware RAID storage for migrated data
- Ensured proper DNS configuration for proper connectivity during migration
- Managed accounts assuring an immediate response to system connectivity problems to minimize downtime.
- Maintained, optimized, and supported networks including verification of backup integrity and management of hard disk space
- Detected crucial network weaknesses and developed preventive strategies to avoid interruptions and to increase system security
- Implemented Microsoft Project Server 2003 to allow Project Schedulers a more effective way of communicating project tracking and scheduling
- Built and maintained servers in a virtualized isolated test environment