High performing Information Technology Specialist offering 10 years of experience providing technical expertise in the U.S. Navy, for the federal government, and private sector entities. Outstanding s include Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and CompTIA Security+. Exceptional cross functional expertise in Network Design and Network solutions. Adept to handling a myriad of sensitive and complex technical matters including IT Security, data center operations, and Networking. Excellent project management, organization, research and analytical skills. Unparalleled ability to provide attention to detail including communicating both written and orally to convey needs of the client. Recognized by management and clients for exceeding expectations.
- Network/LAN/WAN Administration
- Layer2 and Layer3 Switching and Routing
- Cisco Catalyst: 2900,3650, 3750, 3850,6500, 6800, NEXUS 5500X
- IPV4/IPV6/dual/stacked network.
- VTP, OSPF, VLANs, HSRP, STP, SNMP, EIGRP, Ether - channel
- NESSUS/Vulnerability Scanning, Patching and Remediation.
- Network/Security/(Firewall Administration)
- Cisco/ASA/WatchGuard/Palo Alto/Panorama
- CISCO Routing & Switching
- LAN/WAN Administration
- DNS Management and Failover Solutions / DNS Made Easy
- Network/Monitoring/SolarWinds/Cisco Prime/Spiceworks/HPNA/StatSeeker
- Customer Service
- F5 BIGIP Load Balancers
- (VPN)/Site to Site/BOVPN
- Wireless Networking/ Wireless AP’s/Aruba/Meraki
- IDS/IPS/WebBlocker/Web Proxies
- Network Design using Visio
- WatchGuard/Firewall Management Systems
- Problem solving
Confidential, Memphis, TN
Enterprise Network Security Engineer
- Tests and analyzes all elements of the network facilities including power, software, security features, communications devices, lines, modems and terminals and for the overall integration of the enterprise network.
- Responsible for the planning, modeling, simulation, design, installation, maintenance, management and coordination of the network infrastructure.
- Responsible for implementing BGP routing protocol and route filtering using ipv6 prefix list, ACL’s and route maps, etc.
- Responsible for troubleshooting BGP routing and peering issues.
- Remediates Vulnerability scanning and reporting.
- Implement Ipv6 multiprotocol routing with BGP
- Works closely on projects and troubleshooting efforts with ISP and 3rd party vendors.
- Ensure the proper design and data flow of the future networks of the DMZ.
- Configured and deployed 3850, 6800, and ASR1000 series router and switches.
- Create and update Confidential Guidelines, Standards and Procedures (GSP) documents based on NIST/NVD guidelines with emphasis on the technical NIST SP
- Monitors and controls the performance and status of the network resources. Design, implement, support, monitor, and administer the enterprise network infrastructure including hardware and software which provides external connectivity (e.g., Ethernet, Cisco Routers and Switches, SNMP, firewalls, load balancers, IPSec VPN tunnel creation, network management applications suites and Out-of-band Technologies).
- Configure and troubleshoot network and firewall equipment and issues, and take appropriate steps to resolve faults as quickly as possible on a proactive basis. Manage the configuration aspects of network devices such as configuration file management, inventory management, software management and network documentation and diagrams.
- Analyze, plan, test, implement and maintain WAN/LAN communications network components and systems with a focus on external connectivity in a DMZ environment.
- Determines network hardware needs and costs to meet project requirements
- Installs, deploys, configures and maintains network hardware and troubleshoots complex issues
- Establishes complex routing scheme
- Coordinates actions to ensure the implementation of networks that support mission requirements
- Firewall admin for firewall change request, working closing with customers to handle their request in an orderly timely manner.
- Collect, monitor, and analyze usage information of network resources to support proactive utilization and capacity management and future planning using HPNA and Stateseeker
- Analyze and recommend Industry Best Practices where applicable
- Lead technical troubleshooting calls
- Involved and designing and Implementing a new v2 environment.
- Wrote system test plan (Traceability Matrix) for new Projects.
- Assisted in Migrating Cisco ASA to Palo Alto Firewall.
- Led switch refresh for Confidential /2 Einstein switch refresh
- Assisted in Border router migration to CCGv2 migration
- Led Web Proxies connectivity project to the CCG.
- Participated and Led Firewall Refresh for Palo and Panorama devices
- Helped Design Verizon Sip Trunk Switch block
- Helped Design and Advised configurations for new Network environment for the DMZ
- Involved in multiple projects with building IPv4 and Ipv6 IKEV2 tunnels with outside companies.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Served as a network engineer on a large local system, including responsibility for: configuring hubs, switches, and routers; monitoring network performance and performing network diagnostics.
- Oversee WANs for 5 locations Memphis, Atlanta, Chennai, Singapore and Austin TX. Most of all connections are BOVPN tunnels through the Firewall. Using static routes to communicate directly to the centralized network which is Memphis.
- Oversee network and equipment upgrades to include IOS, CatOS image upgrades, and configuration changes.
- Establishes LAN network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Ensure thorough network documentation, including maintaining each account’s network matrix, backup configurations and network diagrams
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in al opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job s.
- Edited and updated access-list on the cisco routers and switches.
- Oversee change management on Network devices and Files Rule sets.
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting programs; providing s and support.
- Design configuration and layout of WAN to include IPT Internet facing VPNs and wireless subnet.
- Led projects to develop requirements for the acquisition of network hardware, software, and services.
- Analyzed network traffic patterns and install network software fixes and upgrades
- Designed connectivity between remote sites on a significant local project.
- Developed technical standards and procedures for LAN development
- Provided technical advice and consultation to upper management and CTO
- Configured and implemented DNS failover to utilize our second ISP link for upstream traffic.
- Configured SNAT rules and Firewall Policies to allow traffic to come in on the Secondary ISP link.
- Redesigned our IP scheme and subnets to allow proper segmentation and layer 3 traffic between VLANS.
- On the WatchGuard Firewall, I configured 5 Branch Office VPN’s with static routes to Microsoft azure cloud.
- Fully Implemented Network Monitoring using Spiceworks (budget constraints).
- Built logical diagrams of the Network using Visio.
- Involved with coordinating moving the company infrastructure to a Manage Host site and DR site.
- Built logging and reporting server for WatchGuard Management System.
- Updated IOS and NX-OS of cisco 2960’s and nexus 5548 data center switches.
- Redefined Firewall Policies and SNAT rules on WatchGuard Firewall
Confidential, Herlong, CA
Jr. Network Engineer
- Served as a JR. Network Engineer responsible for providing state-of-the-art technology that Incorporates software/ hardware and software solutions for wireless systems.
- Configuration, testing, installation, maintenance, and repair of switches and wireless access points.
- Analyzed expanding network, ran fiber, and implemented wireless communication
- Analyzed and define wireless and LAN network requirements.
- Defined and maintain network architecture and infrastructure.
- Configured and optimized server farms, wireless products, hubs, routers, and switches.
- Analyze network workload.
- Diagnosed and resolve network problems.
- Developed network backup and recovery procedures.
- Install, test, maintain, and upgrade network operating systems' hardware and software
- Maintain systems configuration.
- Managed accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
- Managed systems resources, including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
- Resolved hardware and software interface and interoperability problems.
- Determine requirements for network hardware and software resources ensuring systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency.
- Analyzed customer requirements against hardware configuration for maximum utilization
- Investigated and resolve network/systems failures, taking necessary corrective actions to maintain a reliable architectural backbone.
- Plan, design, develop, and integrate network systems consistent with existing or planned network infrastructures .
- Built, configured and replaced base wide 3560 switches with 3750 switches.
- Implemented Port Security Sticky mac on all base wide switch ports.
- Rebuilt configurations for Sup-Modules 6500 series core and distribution switches.
- Fixed VTC VLAN issues.
- Redesigned network diagrams ASA firewalls and Core switches.
- Updated all 159 Cisco IOS’s base wide.
- Forescout network policy writing.
- Wrote Standard and Extended ACL’s.
- Set inbound and outbound rules on the firewalls
- Created Firewall Policies
- Refreshed all company Firewalls and switches
Confidential, Fallon, NV
Network Operation Control Technician
- Led projects in updating firmware on local and remote ES520 MESH Point Wireless Fortress Radio Routers resulting in over 40 routers being secured with the latest security updates.
- Operated as a liaison between IT and site personnel to enforce DOD Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) while patching intranet systems.
- Provided input and technical support for the design, installation, ongoing maintenance and system administration of unclassified and classified networks.
- Managed over 300 network devices and software that supports operations on the Fallon Tactical Range (FTTR). Monitored the networks and systems to ensure the highest level of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA).
- Troubleshot, identified incidents quickly and escalate any unresolved incidents to the appropriate IT technical support.
- Applied validated system updates, software patches and technical configurations to keep over 100 range systems and networks within Cyber Security Policies.
- Supported preventative maintenance for a wide range of IT assets on a scheduled and as needed basis.
- Identifies and reports technical configurations that are noncompliant with DOD system and operational guidelines, or adhere to the change request process, or violate policy.
- Assisted with data center maintenance including system backups and updates for WIN Server 2012, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SOLARIS, DPS, and FURY-PC; ensures proper air control and proper configuration for all datacenter equipment, Compunetix systems, ensures proper cabling for hardware, along with Cisco Sonnet Monitoring and Solaris UNIX Administration. Replaced T1 Circuit Telecom bridge hardware with new parts.
- Oversaw maintenance for diesel fueled generator systems through monitoring, amperage, battery temperature, voltage and inside temperature.
- Utilized Acronis and tape storage for recovery and backup of legacy systems.
- Managed range wide IT hardware and software using Maximo asset management software.
- Conducted over 100 risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify 1,000 vulnerabilities, rules, and protection needs.
- Developed automation scripts to handle and track incidents.
- Used Nessus Passive vulnerability scanning.
- Ran scans, collected scan data, and provided highly customizable reports.
- Administer over McAfee HBSS endpoint security
Confidential, Memphis, TN
IT Support Analyst
- Installed, assembled, and configured computers, monitors, network infrastructure, and peripherals such as printers, scanners, and related hardware.
- Delivered first level technical support to over 6,500 financial advisors; serviced nearly 2,000 client systems in more than 2,600 locations by researching, resolving, and responding to questions received via telephone, e-mails, voice mails, and callbacks in accordance with service level agreements (SLA).
- Handled more than 200 trouble tickets monthly using the Service Desk ticketing system; resolved more than 80% of issues on first call.
- Offered expert knowledge and support to IT and non-IT users; employed a high degree of customer service and technical expertise for PC workstations, LAN, WAN, printers, web, mainframe, hardware and software problems.
- Commended for great customer service from client survey.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
System Administrator/IT Consultant
- Advised senior executive management on all aspects of system operations, control, customer support, and assistance services.
- Participated in the development of strategic service delivery plans and the development of service level agreements.
- Informed branch manager of major problems and issues encountered, particularly when controversial actions resulted.
- Provided leadership, technical guidance, and advice for issues/problems that arose during shifts.
- Administered and maintained Microsoft Server 2003 for company and stayed abreast of system issues.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Built, calibrated, installed and configured over 200 Konica Minolta multi-functioning devices.
- Provided high quality technical support to over 1,000 plus client bases by developing options to solve unusual problems when necessary; communicated effectively to ensure client satisfaction.