- IT Infrastructure design and management.
- Project management and data center management for innovation, problem resolution and development in systems and storages.
- Architecting and implementing of system and Network Solutions: SAN/NAS Design, High - Availability strategy, Disaster Recovery, large-scale infrastructure projects for global initiatives.
- Data migration, replication and virtualization.
- Security policy and strategy.
- Enterprise data backup/restore, capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Virtualization and cloud infrastructure design and implementation.
IT Infrastructure Architect and Manager
Confidential, Somerset, NJ
- Responsible for cloud, virtualization infrastructure architecture, design, implementation, and management
- Leads a practice division to provide Infrastructure engineering and management, Creates and maintains the enterprise infrastructure roadmap, Plans and manages the activities of Infrastructure operation including cloud design, integrity and administration, hyper-converged virtualization infrastructure architecture and implementation;
- Recommends policy and coordinates multiple vendors for product compatibility and consistency.
- Monitors utilization levels and trends to determine quality of service of data communications and storing.
- Designed and built high-performance, low-latency trading platforms with hybrid cloud infrastructures for high-frequency e-trading and Algorithmic trading.
- Designed and implemented VMware ESX virtualization systems, converged infrastructure (vBlock, Flexpod) and hyper-converged infrastructure (Hyperflex, VxRail, ACI) with vCenter, vMotion and vSphere tools for VMWare management.
- Designed and implemented enterprise hyper-converged infrastructure (SDDC,SDN,SDS) with OpenStack/OpenFlow, Ceph, vRealize (vCloud), HP Helion and tools: Chef/Puppet, Jenkins/GIT/ANT, RightScale/CloudBolt/CloudForms.
- Designed and implemented cloud infrastructure with Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS where HP Automation Suite (SA, OO, CSA, NA) was used for automatic deployment and Commvault system was used for backup to cloud storage.
- Designed and implemented AWS and Azure DR, hybrid cloud and big data solutions, Azure Data Lake, HDInsight and Hadoop Big Data platforms (HDP, Cloudera).
- Designed and implemented Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) PaaS platform and DR strategy. Provided PCF PaaS vision, strategy, technology and roadmaps, and designed/managed IaaS infrastructure that Pivotal Cloud Foundry was deployed.
- Designed and built LAN/MAN/WAN/Wireless networks with Cisco, Brocade, Fortinet systemsand network virtualization (VLAN, VXLAN). Defined and implemented Network Security, Firewall, VPN, with Cisco ASA/ISR, and intrusion prevention, Web filtering with Cisco Sourcefire FirePOWER. Built Ixia XGS12/XGS2 BreakingPoint, IIxExplorer IMIX traffic generator, and IxNetwork, IxChariot network performance tools, and IDS system with Suricata, Barnyard2 and Snorby.
- Designed and implemented Salesforce.com and ERP/CRM/BI infrastructure solutions and managed the implementation of force.com, Apex/Visualforce, Lightning, Heroku and integration/ETL technologies.
- Designed and built IBM Smart Analytics System for Data Warehouse and Data Analysis on IBM PowerHA cluster and PowerVM.
- Designed and built SAS Grid computing system (Platform / Hadoop deployments).
- Designed and implemented EPIC HER/EMR system with Caché and Clarity.
IT Infrastructure Architect and Manager
Confidential, Somerset, NJ
- Responsible for Storage and System architecture, design, implementation, maintenance and IT infrastructure management, (1) Leads a practice division to provide Infrastructure engineering and management, Creates and maintains the infrastructure roadmap in servers, storage, networking, and security. (2) Plans and manages the activities of Infrastructure operation including SAN storage design, integrity, capacity planning and performance monitoring, backup and disaster recovery strategy.
- Designed and implemented EMC storage (VNX,VMAX,VPLEX,XtreamIO) with management tools: Ionix ECC, SMC, SRM, SMARTS. Set up EMC CLARiiON, VNX with Unisphere Manager Domain, MirrorView, SnapView. RecoveryPoint was used for local and remote data protection. Designed EMC Celerra (NS-120), Centera and CTA FMA archive system.
- Designed and implemented SAN backup solutions for server-free and LAN-free backup with NetBackup, NetWorker with NDMP, Commvault, EMC Avamar and DataDomain/VTL/EDL storage backup, and Actifio for VMware backup.
- Designed and implemented (i) Hitachi SAN/NAS (HUS,AMS,USPV,VSP,HNAS) with ShadowImage, TrueCopy, UVM and HDLM for backup and DR by HUR, (ii) HP storage systems by HPXP12k/24k, EVA, 3Par, (iii) IBM XIV storage and SAN Volume Controller (SVC) with IBM TPC, Tivoli management tools and (iv) NetApp storage FAS,E5xxx,EF (ONTAP, cDOT and 7 modes), FlexPod converged-systems, MultiFabric cluster and Metro Cluster and MultiStor vfilers and cluster vServers for virtual storage containers.
- Designed and implemented SAP HANA for database management , and ERP/CRM/BI with ICM, PD-ORG, PI/XI, ITS, SEM and SAP Workflow for enterprise management.
IT Infrastructure Manager
Confidential, Iselin, NJ
- Lead a Unix and network practice to provide all infrastructure service needs including Unix Linux server, LAN administration and database support for fixed income and security trading departments of finance clients.
- Executed global server consolidation and data center strategy. Planned and managed the budget projections for system LAN database projects to maintain the costs within allotted budget.
- Built Intranet website by Apache Web server, MySQL database and Mambo content management. Developed PHP, HTML and CGI scripts for the site.
- Managed CONTINUUS and Oracle databases to support and develop RDBMS applications. Designed the databases structure and wrote "cold" and "hot" backup scripts and tool scripts (w. RMAN) for database complete and incomplete recovery with archiving. Tuned the database performance.
- Built IBM RS 6000 F80 servers with AIX OS. Setup IBM SAN with TotalStorage SAN256B switch and DS6000 disks and 3584 Tape Library.
- Built IBM AIX HA cluster by HACMP with DB2 UDB and Sun HA Cluster, Veritas VCS cluster with Oracle Parallel Server, and wrote cluster API scripts for Oracle applications.
- Set up IBM DB2 data-jointer to establish database communications between Unix and IBM mainframe.
- Planned and accomplished the project "Unix system and network time-synchronization and Y2K compliance".
- Defined a sub-network management initiative (i.e., integration of HP-Openview, AppCenter and voice-over-IP softwares) and built SNMP-based management platforms, using HP-Openview (ITO, NNM).
- Installed and administrated the BEA Tuxedo 7.1 transaction-management application for eBusiness (eCommerce) development team.
- Installed and configured EMC Symmetrix Connectrix Storage SAN Systems, EMC Clariion. Sun T3 SAN storage and A3500FC Storage Array by using Sun RAID Manager software.
- Set up Linux servers (Red Hat) and Windows2000 servers, Linux jumpstart server.
Sr. System Administrator Project Lead
Confidential, Allentown, PA
- Built Sun Solstice Firewalls (SunScreen Secure Net 3.0) to protect privacy and integrity of the data and information in CAD domains. Set up both Screen engine component for public-key, shared-key encryption decryption and Deffie-Hellman key exchange and Administration component for definition of security policies, and enabled features: Stealth Routing modes, proxies on routing mode, High-Availability feature in a cluster, NAT, Proxies and packet filtering services (SQL*Net), etc..
- Managed the licensing project for CAD tool softwares and established the FLEXadmin licensing management client server architecture.
- Installed configured CAD tool servers and mass storages, set up the SunStorage Array to RAID 0,1,5 by Volume Management (Veritas, Solstice DiskSuite) Tuned the NFS performance between CAD tool servers and clients, and I O performance and IPC address assignment on Veritas file systems.
- Configured the customized NIS NIS+ to manage the licenses of CAD tools.
- Set up Secure RPC communications on license management client server architecture of CAD tools, using DES authentication and public key cryptography.
- Installed configured the CAD tools: Synopsys, Epic, Attsim, Chrysalis, TransEDA, etc..
- Built AppCenter, VisiBroker and JDK environments for telecommunication software development.
- Set up IBM-Transarc DCE*DFS 2.0 to support the development of distributed applications, and built the DCE client, CDS, Audit, DTS, Security Servers.
- Installed setup NetBackup and wrote system and database backup scripts.
Sr. System Network Engineer
Confidential, Norwalk, CT
- Designed the company-wide network (LAN WAN), installed configured Cisco Routers. Set up boot servers, BayRS and site-manager software for management of BayNetworks AN routers and ANH hubs.
- Set up the company-wide DNS systems and various services: NFS, NIS, Sendmail, etc and integrated and configured system and network devices.
- Installed configured Cisco PIX Firewalls, set up the features: Port Address Translation, Identity feature, Cut-Through proxies, Mail Guard feature, Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service, Failover capability between primary firewall and redundant firewalls, etc..
- Installed configured Remote Annex Servers (2000 4000 series) for dialing and automatic dialback services, and set up the Annex Manager, a SNMP-based management application, to monitor Remote Annex.
- Established X.25 and frame relay WAN communication on Sun and HP platforms.