- Savvy IT professional with a wide breadth of industry knowledge and over 13 years of solid, in - depth experience, where I have met and exceeded in the daily challenges of a fast paced, ever evolving profession.
- I am pursuing a hands-on role within a lead capacity, while having the opportunity to utilize my talents,, proven skills and experience to benefit my employer, associates and clients.
- Also, to take on a challenging role where continual is required and encouraged.
- I strongly believe in taking an overall customer-centric approach to projects and tasks, as it relates to the client and end-user experience, while providing knowledgeable support, trustworthy advisement and team collaboration.
- Microsoft Enterprise Solutions & Engineering
- Infrastructure Design and Administration
- Data Center Management
- Enterprise Disaster Recovery Planning/Execution
- Infrastructure Migration Strategies
- Cloud Solutions & Data Migration
- Enterprise Backup / Replication and Archiving
- Security Appliances and App Solutions
- Application Integration and Management
- Process Audits and Compliance
- Change Management
- Security Risk Identification and Mitigation
- Converged Infrastructure Systems
- HP / Dell / Cisco UCS Server Systems
- HP / EMC / NetApp / VSAN Storage Systems
- Cisco / HP / Dell Network Appliances
- BigIP F5 Load Balancers
- EMC Recovery Point / Riverbed
- Windows Server NT - 2016 Ent.
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Active Directory Design and Administration
- Microsoft SCCM
- SharePoint & Designer
- Microsoft Azure Architecture / Engineering
- AWS Architecture / Engineering
- VMware ESX 4.0 - ESXi 6.5U2
- VMware SRM 5.5 - 8.1
- VMware NSX
- SolarWinds / WhatsUp Gold Monitoring
- BMC Asset Management
- KACE / Tivoli / BigFix / WSUS Patch Mgmt.
- Mobile Device Management Solutions
Senior Migration Architect
- Sr. Architect role, brought on to lead one of many transformation teams to facilitate a massive migration and transformation effort of a global banking and financial technology enterprise.
- Supporting multiple application migrations being conducted as a part of a multi-year Data Center consolidation/site exit program with systems being transformed into next-generation hyper-converged hybrid cloud environments.
- Design and execution against a strategy for collecting and assessing key application business and technical requirements to migrate and transform legacy infrastructure from a multisite foot print into a consolidated CI/ Cloud infrastructure.
- Working with Application & Business owners to assess & document legacy infrastructure, including application functionality & dependencies, compute, storage, network topology, dependencies, ect.
- In conjunction with Application owners, engineers and DBA’s, we designed robust and streamlined end solution across an in house and managed cloud solution.
- Working multiple projects simultaneously that span across 5 data centers with over 3000 physical and virtual servers.
- Leading a team of 5, comprised of a PM, BA, Network Engineer and 2 System Engineers.
- Responsibilities include, team and business collaboration, research and documentation, acting as a SME and escalation engineer, Infrastructure design, testing and validation, tracking tasks and objectives, defining future state SOPs, and much more.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Hands-on Infrastructure Engineering, Architecture and Datacenter Migration project, serving as a Technical Lead for one of the largest media companies in America.
- Architecture and Engineering project, overseeing an enterprise class environment, alongside the in-house Principle Engineer and Infrastructure Support team.
- Provided Level 3 escalation point for over 40 remote broadcast stations, multiple corporate offices and 3colocation datacenters across North America.
- Support for over 1600 virtual / physical servers, storage arrays, storage networking and cloud environments, with over 2000 end-users.
- The global infrastructures leveraged a multitude of technology platforms, including NetApp / vSAN / Pure storage arrays, Brocade SAN fabric, Supermicro / Dell / HP compute & Converged Infrastructure systems, RiverBed, Juniper QFX networking, F5 load balancers and PaloAlto firewalls.
- The environment is primarily a Microsoft shop, supporting Windows Server R2, Exchange 2013 DAG, SQL AOA, Azure and various other platforms, including Linux, Oracle, VMware 6.5, Citrix 7.5 and much more.
- Various large scale projects, including a migration of 500 Virtual guests to a new primary colocation facility, utilizing SRM & vConverter, followed by a phased upgrade of vCenter 5.5 to 6.5U1. Also, a major Datacenter Consolidation of over 70 application bundles and their supporting compute and storage infrastructure.
- Daily tasks included infrastructure management and monitoring, project design and management, escalation support,, vendor management, change management, compliance audits and much more.
- Responsible for all 3rd level escalations 24/7 for all aspects of the Server/Storage teams
- Single point of contact that communicated directly to all Business owners, Technology Directors, and Management.
- Personal ownership of the Server / Storage infrastructure through resolution of all issues and related projects.
- Acted as the Subject Matter Expert for all areas and technologies from the OS to the core networking stack, including primary application systems such as Exchange, VMware, Citrix, Azure, Infoblox, AD, SolarWinds, SCCM and more.
Infrastructure Architect / Lead Engineer
- Infrastructure Architect and Datacenter Migration project, tasked with transitioning the North American region’s IT infrastructure of a large multinational corporation from an outsourced hosted solutions model to an internally managed environment.
- Working with business leaders, engineering teams, vendors and consultants, we developed a consolidation initiative across a hosted solution provider’s multisite infrastructure, followed by a phased migration into internally owned and managed datacenters.
- In conjunction with Facilities, Networking and Engineering contractors, we designed segregated environments within US and Canadian colocation sites to host the global infrastructure, comprised of 2 primary datacenters and 2 fully redundant DR locations, with a 99.99 SLA.
- Design and hands-on implementation of six (8 node) VMware ESXi 6.0 clusters across a 220TB EMC VNX array, supporting over 1300 guest servers across the primary colocation sites, with two fully replicated and identical, active-active offshore DR facilities.
- Primary sites designed with HP ProLiant Servers, Cisco Nexus Fabric switches, EMC VNX /VMAX SAN arrays, HP StoreOnce & EMC Data Domain backup appliances, Cisco networking appliances, F5 load balancers and an assortment of remote management and monitoring tools.
- Utilizing EMC RecoverPoint clusters, VMWare SRM and Veeam replication over a dedicated WAN, client SLA’s and internal RTO’s far exceeded business continuity goals, while maintaining high availability of all systems and services.
- Migration of over 1300 virtual Windows guests and forklifting 150 physical severs.
- Utilizing VMWare VCenter Converter to transition 75 physical Servers into Virtual Guests.
- Responsible for hands-on management and Level 3 escalation support to include all physical and virtual compute systems, storage arrays and application environments.
- In conjunction with networking teams, we designed, tested and implemented a spanned L2 network connecting all sites, facilitating native IP and VLAN operations for migrations and DR.
- Worked closely with business leaders, management teams and application owners to develop and author Operational Run Books, departmental SOP’s, DR strategies, change management, incident escalation, patch management, monitoring and much more.
- Management, and functional knowledge transfer of offshore Wintel, Storage, Application and Networking teams.
Infrastructure Solutions Engineer
- Senior engineering role, brought on as a consultant to lead the transition of a multi-national e-discovery Company from 3rd party managed IT and client services to an internally maintained IT department and SaaS provider.
- Working with Dell, EMC and Microsoft engineering services, along with 3rd party vendors, a business case was drafted and project plan was budgeted, architected and implemented for a $2.9 million dollar datacenter overhaul, required to facilitate a software services upgrade and to become the foundation of the company’s retooled internal operations and client data infrastructure.
- Working directly with the CIO’s and Senior engineers of two newly acquired e-discovery companies in Palo Alto, CA and London, England, we worked to integrate 5 datacenter sites into a highly redundant multinational infrastructure, allowing for aggressive SLA’s and RPO’s.
- Hands-on engineering and maintenance of internal and client-facing systems, including 4 U.S. datacenters, supporting over 500 internal end-users and the 24/7 client services infrastructure for numerous multinational legal entities.
- Design and implementation of a Dell enterprise infrastructure upgrade and expansion, including 26 PowerEdge R730 Windows 2012 R2 servers, two (8 node) FX2 - FC360 VMware ESXi 5.5 clusters, eight Force10 - S4810 primary network stack, a 2 node Compellent SC TB SAN array with 12 SC280 storage enclosures and a 2 node HA SonicWALL NSA E8500 cluster.
- Directed international IT teams in procedural and process improvements, systems management, engineering and maintenance, while expanding team partnerships and collaboration.
- Collaborated with business leaders in the development of I.T. governance, client and end-user SLAs, IT operations playbook, departmental SOPs, operational budgets and vendor management.
- In conjunction with business leaders and a 3rd party security firm, we developed a roadmap for SOC-2 compliancy, including system security audits, disaster recovery planning and testing, global SOP refinement and data controls motoring.
- Working directly with Kcura software engineering, we designed and implemented a new instance of the company’s SaaS platform within the new infrastructure, planning for performance, fault tolerance, scalability, client functionality and disaster recovery.
- Along with internal operations teams we managed the 24/7 support and maintenance of internal and client facing application environments, as well as the physical infrastructure of a robust and highly available SaaS platform.
Infrastructure Operations Lead
- Lead Operations Engineering consultant of a Fortune 200 Corporation that sold an internal Business Unit comprised of 160 subsidiary companies and transformed it into a rebranded and independent corporate entity.
- Tasked with leading a team of 8 Network and Systems Engineers to design and build out a new IT infrastructure from the ground up, carving out a segregated environment within the corporate campus of the parent company and its existing datacenters.
- Developed a datacenter and end-user systems migration strategy for 6500 Corporate and international associates, including legacy infrastructure and systems.
- Worked directly with business leaders and project consultants to architect and build out an on premise infrastructure and cloud hosted solutions, such as ADFS and Forefront Identity Manager authenticated Office 365, MS Exchange Online, Lync, SharePoint and over 70 on premise, backend user and system application environments.
- Managed and set project deliverables for the design, evaluation and production roll out of all infrastructure systems and applications.
- Collaborated with business leaders, project managers, application owners and operations teams to design and implement cost efficient, robust and scalable solutions to meet business needs.
- Designed and built the primary virtual guest environment within a Dell Converged Infrastructure, comprised of an two (8 node) Dell PowerEdge R720 (VMware ESXi 5.5) Compute Clusters, 4 host Management Cluster, 8 node Dell EqualLogic PS 0TB) SAN array, an 6 node Dell Force10 s60 switch stack, Dell backup DAS Array and DL4200 data replication.
- Working directly with the in-house Engineering teams of the parent company to integrate the new Datacenter systems into their existing infrastructure, while proactively planning for the long term inheritance of all systems and the departure of the parent company from the campus.
- Took personal ownership of key projects during the engagement that included the design and hands on implementation of all primary Compute, Storage and Backup systems.
- Installation and deployment of Citrix XenApp 7.6 within a Windows 2012 environment, utilized by the development team for testing and user acceptance of in-house built applications.
- Developed SOPs and Enterprise Change Management processes, including the appointment of a new Change Approval Board.
- Utilized BMC’s FootPrints as the foundation of the IT department’s project and task management, along with Service Desk ticketing and tracking.
- The newly built on premise Datacenter and offsite colocation DR sites are comprised of various Dell and HP Servers, with Cisco and Dell appliances that my team and I designed, built and delivered on schedule and within budget, which has become the Information Systems foundation of a newly formed $4 billion dollar company (Signode Industrial Group).
Senior Systems Engineer
- Systems consultant role for a multinational Aviation services group, where I was tasked with supporting in the day to day operations of the in-house Senior Systems Engineer, while also performing an extensive and in-depth audit of the global IT infrastructure, from systems configuration and health analysis to vendor contracts and departmental procedures.
- In July of 2012, I was appointed the new Senior Systems Engineer, where I was solely responsible for the 24/7 maintenance and support of the global IT infrastructure and tasked with rebuilding and redefining the department and its practices.
- The global IT infrastructure encompassed multiple sites in the U.S., Europe and Middle East, with a 6 (large aircraft) hangar campus at the Indianapolis International Airport, 8 satellite offices, 4 colocation Datacenters and a primary U.S. hub, supporting over 600 internal associates, contractors, and remote users, with a yearly IT budget of over $1.8 million dollars.
- The Datacenters primarily were comprised of HP P4500 SAN arrays and HP ProLiant servers; Cisco ASA firewalls, Catalyst switches, AIR managed Access Points, UCM / Unity VoIP and Jabber messaging systems; Symantec Net backup appliances, Endpoint Protection Antivirus, Bright Mail spam and Web Gateway internet traffic filtering; APC Smart UPS systems; VMware ESXi 5.0 Clustered Infrastructure, with primary systems running Windows Server 2008 and 2012 R2, and a 5 node Exchange 2010 Enterprise DAG email environment.
- In August of 2012, Comlux completed construction of a 130,000 ft² large aircraft hangar that would house over 300 employees and is connected to its adjacent campus buildings and remote colocation datacenters via an AT&T OPT-E-MAN connection, with exterior Cisco Point to Point Wi-Fi endpoints for cross campus connectivity.
- Working with building, wiring and system contractors, along with business leaders we designed, built and oversaw the implementation of the hangar’s internal network and systems infrastructure from the ground up, which is comprised of over 30 Cisco Catalyst switches, 25 managed Cisco Access Points, 2 ASA firewalls, Cisco VoIP and Polycom teleconferencing, Crestron multimedia & communication multicast systems, lobby signage, building security /badging and more.
- Due to the size and rapid growth of the company, I was tasked with numerous, time-critical projects and duties during my tenure, including branch office IT Infrastructure design; global systems integration and maintenance; Datacenter migrations; a global AD Domain name rebranding, functional upgrade and consolidation; design and implementation of a network segregated onsite Clinical facility; Office-365 migration design; global Disaster Recover strategy; system builds, testing and upgrades of various application servers and appliances; management of outsourced consultants and technical resources located all around the world, while also mentoring, and assisting the corporate Service Desk and Application teams.
- Along with the Director of IT and CFO, we held weekly meetings with business leaders, IT vendors, and technology staff to keep apprised of infrastructure health, systems projects, proactive maintenance, licensing, contracts, warranties and overall growth, while making sure that Infrastructure SLA and Security was paramount and overall deliverables and timelines were met, keeping in line with departmental budgets and the needs of the business.
Senior IT Analyst
- An all-encompassing position, solely responsible for the daily management, support, and maintenance of end-user systems, critical applications and the data infrastructure of a small but rapidly expanding Supply Chain and Logistics company.
- Along with the Director of IT, we designed, implemented and maintained the company’s newly created I.T. department and infrastructure, migrating away from a hosted outsourced model to an internally owned and managed environment.
- Collaboratively with business leaders, we developed and implemented the IT department’s governing Information Systems SOP’s, Change Management and DR strategies.
- Working with limited resources, we recycled underutilized and unused HP servers, Cisco ASA firewalls and HP networking equipment to become the initial foundation of the company’s IT infrastructure, which allowed available capital to be used for the expansion and growth of the company, rather than as expenditures on upgraded systems, software and licensing.
- In conjunction with the Datacenter colocation providers, we developed and implemented a robust disaster recovery and data archiving strategy that encompassed the primary Datacenter infrastructure and local office systems, including end-user data.
- Quickly became SME of all internal business and end-user applications.
- Developed and managed a Microsoft Dynamics CRM strategy for the internal Sales and Marketing teams to facilitate efficient and cost effective client communications, research, advertising, sales reporting and new client acquisitions.
- Utilized Microsoft CRM as the foundation for sales data and client communications, with customized reports, workflow development, 3rd party data integration, custom user interfaces and much more, while also providing software and support to associates.
- Assisted the company’s outsourced website design resource to increase the functionality of our public facing websites, including site coding and Google Analytics SEO.
- Redesigned and increased the functionality of an underutilized SharePoint 2007 environment to serve as the backbone of the company’s intranet, which quickly became the primary collaboration center and the cornerstone of all client projects.
- Implemented customized SharePoint sites with tailored integrations for each department, where associates could interact and collaborate more efficiently on projects and tasks by fully utilizing and exceeding most of the “out of the box” features and services of MOSS 2007.
- Developed an extensive external facing SharePoint hub for customer projects that ranged from warehouse design to parcel shipment and logistics, which was used as a means of virtual program management, collaboration, tracking, and auditing.
- Designed a customized ticketing and asset management system within SharePoint for end-user IT issues and requests, I.T. systems inventory, project tracking and document sharing.
- Working with company clients, I implemented and managed a virtualized Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 sandbox environment for internal user acceptance and to allow associates to familiarize themselves with the interface and functionality of the ERP system and its various modules. Incorporating test data and actual client data to run tests and simulations within AX, which was vital to the company in its day to day operations and for its Microsoft SPA reseller partnership.
- Worked with multiple IT vendors and resellers to assure the company’s licensing, hardware and warranty costs were competitive and met budgetary requirements.
- Managed an offshore software design team that built and maintained the company’s proprietary ERP system and customer facing website (myShipINFO), located at a satellite office in India.
- End-user support escalation for over 120 nationwide associates and contractors.
- Multifaceted position where I was responsible for a wide variety of IT functions for the corporate headquarters and nationwide satellite locations of a large automotive sales and finance company.
- In-house, remote and on-site technical support for over 300 nationwide associates and Primary Data Center operations.
- Assisted in the configurations, maintenance and support of Windows 2008 servers, Windows XP workstations, Cisco and HP networking equipment, Avaya VoIP phone systems, smartphones, A/V equipment, HP printers, and more.
- Provided assistance to the Network Engineers in their daily efforts to implement, monitor and maintain the company’s network infrastructure.
- Designed and implemented a companywide printing strategy to cut redundant network traffic to localized print servers that were configured over a limited WAN by using an HP universal printing solution that vastly increased throughput speeds between the Primary Datacenter and satellite offices, cutting down wasted time on print jobs, as well as freeing up bandwidth.
- Implemented a component level repair strategy for out of warranty and defective Dell and HP hardware that saved the company vast amounts of time and money, simply by replacing minor system board components (e.g.; resistors, capacitors, etc.), which freed up capital that was used to update aging technology.
- Designed and managed an expanded Microsoft WDS build/rebuild strategy for corporate end-user systems and data servers located at satellite offices, in a successful effort to save time and money previously expended on the redundant shipping and receiving of systems to and from company headquarters for O.S. imaging/reimaging and software management.
- Assisted in the planning, integration and management of a Microsoft SCCM strategy, which was utilized for the deployment, proactive maintenance and remote management of company systems.
- Worked with printer vendors to maximize printing efficiency and maintain low print costs.
Software Analyst / Systems Administrator
- Twelve month project that encompassed the quality assurance, testing and support for one of the most widely used CRM management tools used in the automotive sales industry, while also providing in-depth IT administrative support for clients.
- Remote systems and software support for a large number of nationwide clients, where my team and I were responsible for all complementary systems that utilized and pertained to the daily functionality of the proprietary CRM tool.
- Responsibilities included remote support and maintenance of Windows and UNIX based systems, SQL Databases, Exchange servers, networking equipment, software troubleshooting, Desktop Support and much more for a large number of nationwide clients, while relying on third party vendors for on-site hardware management.
- Provided proactive maintenance and problem resolution for the CRM tool, its databases as well as client servers, workstations, network devices, and hardware peripherals.
- Active monitoring of client systems, responding to issues and outages, while working closely with our Network Engineers, Systems Admins, Software developers and telecommunications providers to diagnose and resolve issues proactively and promptly.
- Working an average of 50 separate issues daily that would range from client software / hardware issues to network / telecom diagnostics and troubleshooting.