- Performance and optimization oriented DEVOPS and Linux/Unix System Engineer with over 8 years of experience in AWS and more than 7 years of hands on experience in different flavors of Linux OS, Application Databases.
- Advanced experience in capacity building, data management, personnel and project management, and customer service delivery. Passionate customer focused advocate.
Platforms: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6&7, Ubuntu, Centos X86/X64 platforms, Solaris 10 & 11, Openshift, AWS
Devops Tools: Jenkins, Chef, Git, Github, ansible, Nexus, Jira, puppet, Docker
Languages: UNIX Shells (tcsh, ksh, sh, bash), ruby, html, YAML
AWS Services: EC2, S3, VPC, RDS, ELB, EBS, Auto Scaling, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudFront, Route53, Cloud Trail, Opsworks, SNS, SQS, Security groups
Confidential - SSA Baltimore, MD
- Help SSA business unit transition their legacy infrastructure to the cloud with the goals of improving performance, reliability, scalability, availability and automation.
- Evaluate customer’s requirements, make recommendations and create documentation for best practices.
- Collaborate with development team to identify, troubleshoot and resolve deployed issues for component based applications.
- Restructure/align AWS resources to standard practices and conventions for all environment in a hybrid cloud setup
- Automate provisioning of AWS infrastructure using ansible playbooks.
- Manage SSA projects using;
- Openshift enterprise 3.x and AWS as platforms with Dockers and kubernetes as the orchestration engines on RHEL 7.X
- AWS services: EC2 (RHEL 7.2), Route 53, EBS volumes, AMI, ELB, multi-AZ deployment, VPCs, subnets, NACL, route tables, IGW, S3, IAM, Security groups, cloudwatch, cloudtrail, SNS, SQS, NAT
- Jenkins and Ansible for configuration, deployment and management
- Write ansible playbooks to provision AWS services such as ec2, s3
- Ansible playbooks to shutdown/startup ec2 in the openshift environment
- Anisble playbooks to remediate security scans on nexus
- Ansible playbooks to deploy openshift environment
- Satellite 6.x for server patching and life cycle management
- Cloudforms for ec2 instance monitoring
- Monitor ec2 application resources using Zenoss (CPU, Memory, server status etc)
- Maintain and document processes in confluence and stash
- Create change request on service now
Confidential, Reston VA
- Develop and provide input of hosting applications on the AWS Cloud platform taking into account infrastructure, sizing, disaster recovery, data protection and application requirements.
- Design and deploy highly available, dynamically scalable, cost effective, fault tolerant and reliable applications on AWS platform.
- Contribute to proposals, statements of work, lessons learned and process improvement.
- Implement customized AWS solutions for on premise and cloud environment client.
- Evaluate customer’s requirements and make recommendations for implementing, deploying, and provisioning application on the AWS platform.
- Focus on Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment and promote enterprise solution deployment assets to target environments.
- Implemented continuous deployment systems with Jenkins and AWS OpsWorks
- Recommend strategies, best practices, and help with smooth transition from on premise environment to the cloud environment.
- Provide and document best practices, backup procedures, troubleshooting guides and making sure infrastructure and architecture drawings are current with changes.
- Partner with platform data and app teams to make sure architecture and infrastructure meet business requirements.
- Stay current with the latest features/capabilities of the AWS platform.
- Create training modules designed to assist and train onboarding new employees.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to foresee problems before they occur.
- Manage projects (xfinity, xpc, Elasticsearch Logstach Kibana(ELK), Dayview etc)
- Install, configure, maintain servers, virtual machines (CentOS 5, 6; RHEL 5 &6)
- Monitor virtual machine using nagios, check logs
- Troubleshoot virtual machines
- Deploy, configure services using puppet 3.7
- AWS: install, configure and deploy EC2 linux instances, s3, code deploy, code commit, RDS
- Install github repository, git: using git to pull and commit new docker images from docker hub. Pull, push and commit any changes to the github.
- Use JIRA for ticketing: create projects, create and manage tickets.
- Install and use xen and KVM for virtualization and creating virtual machines.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Install, configure ESXi 5.x
- Install, configure, maintain Virtual machines
- Install Linux (RHEL, CentOS, SUSE) and Unix (Solaris 10 &11) on virtual machines
- Large environment with +1000 virtual servers
- Maintain vsphere client, vCenter server, datacenters
- Troubleshoot virtual machines, physical servers
- Clone virtual machines
- Create templates from virtual machines
- Monitor virtual machines, physical servers
- File system management
- Logical volume management
- Manage users and group accounts
- Install and deploy HPVPV version 2.01(HP Virtualization Performance Viewer)
- Monitor and report VCenter server performance using Hpvpv
- Familiar with HPOO
- Familiar with HPSA
- Create scripts using bash/perl
- Some experience with Openstack for linux
- Experience with AWS cloud computing (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Route 53, RDS)
- Install and configure Puppet enterprise 3.7
- Install and configure Request Tracker 4.2.9
- Install and configure webservers
Confidential, Morrisville, NC
Engineering Support System Administrator
- Responsible for installation, configuration and maintaining of RHEL 5 & 6, SUSE, CentOS 5 &6, Solaris 10, 11, Fedora, Ubuntu, Windows on virtual machines, physical servers (IBM, Dell, HP).
- Large environment with +2000 physical and virtual servers
- Cable and rack hardware (disk shelves, filers etc)
- Troubleshoot hardware and software
- Create clusters using clustered Data ONTAP 8
- 7-mode cluster-mode multipathing
- Configure SAN, NAS storage using fire channel cables, FCoE and ISCSI
- Manage ticketing system
- Manage DNS, DHCP, NFS servers, vLANs
- RHEL virtualization using vmware, ESXi
- Install and configure ESXi
- File system management
- Jumpstart for unix installation
- Use kickstart configurator for linux installations
- Logical volume management
- Configure and install cisco switches
Confidential, Landover, MD
Linux/UNIX Systems Administrator & Analyst
- Responsible for installation, configuration and administration of Solaris and Linux servers
- Large environment with 1500+ physical and virtual servers
- Performing needs assessment and patch management for Oracle Solaris Linux Enterprise systems.
- Infrastructure hardening and Security Administration & Installation on multiple systems
- Experience in Virtualization and AWS Cloud Computing (EC2, RDS, S3).
- Expertise in establishment and configuration of Solaris virtual environments. Installed multiple sparse and whole root zones within one physical instance of Solaris 10
- Performance Monitoring and capacity planning in anticipation of system resource usage and needs.
- Setup ZFS quotas, reservation and automatic NFS-share of directories
- Used SMF system utilities
- Working knowledge with shell scripting using Bourne Again Shell (BASH)
- Installed and configured VERITAS volume manager.
- Deploy, Install and configure Puppet enterprise 3.7
- Creation and management of LDOMS
- In-depth knowledge of NFS, DHCP, NFS, FTP
- Implemented RAID 0-5 solutions with VERITAS Volume Manager (Symantec Veritas version 6.0.1).
- Installed and configured Symantec VERITAS Netbackup master, media and client servers.
- Setup VERITAS Netbackup policies.
- Working knowledge with SAN, NAS
- Experience using YUM and RPM for package management
- Logical Volume Management maintenance
- Install and build apache web servers
- RHEL virtualization with VMWare 5.5, Kernel-based Virtual Machine
- EMC for storage