- Over 15 years of experience in systems engineering, technical leadership, desktop support and server administration in small, medium, and enterprise level environments.
- Participated in activities directly related to administration, information systems security and operations.
- Also, participated in the planning and implementation of various Windows technologies.
- Such as Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), BitLocker, Exchange, Active Directory, scripting in DOS and PowerShell to automate tasks, Windows Servers, Hyper - V, and various Microsoft desktop applications (Microsoft Office Suite, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written skills were required since certain responsibilities encompassed interacting with the customer as a subject matter expert and consultant on enterprise issues.
- Server OS - Windows NT, Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016
- Citrix XenApp 6.5
- MDT 2010 - Engineered Enterprise Solution
- SCCM 2007, SCCM 2012 - Engineered various solutions
- Bitlocker - Engineered the Laptop Enterprise solution
- MCSE - Windows Server NT, 2000, 2003 and 2008, (AD Group Policy)
- WorkStation OS - Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2016
- Coral Office Suite 10
- VM Ware, Hyper-V, Black Berry Enterprise Server, Guardian Edge (HD Encryption)
- Opsware (Server Automation System), MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit)
- Microsoft SCCM with WSUS
- Norton Ghost, Novell Netware 5.1
- Avaya phone/site Admin Software
- Dell, HP, IBM Workstations and Servers Support
Senior Security Systems Engineer (Windows SME)
Confidential, Beltsville, MD
- Develop strategies to remediate assets with security vulnerabilities in the environment.
- Analyze security scans and work with individual stakeholders to remediate vulnerabilities.
- Provide guidance to government FTE’s on new security strategies to implement in the environment in regards to all Windows OS’s.
- Provide technical guidance on security related projects and policies focusing on Microsoft products.
- Coordinate and execute various security related projects with the engineering and operations teams.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Lead Engineer for Windows7 imaging throughout the entire command (10,000 workstations)
- Manage the maintenance of all Windows7 and Windows Server 2008 Operating Systems
- Responsible for implementation and clean-up of Windows group policies that apply to Windows7
- Complete ATO’s for two separate domains
- Responsible for the application of all STIGS to Windows7 and Server 2008 Operating System
- Administer SCCM ( create and deploy packages)
DISM Operations Support Engineer
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Engineered the XenApp solution for the Joint Staff.
- Created design and operational documents used by Joint Staff employees with XenApp. (Technical Lead---Application Virtualization).
- Provide Tier 4 support for the Joint Staff Help Desk.
- Virtualized and tested various apps using Microsoft App-V.
- Troubleshoot issues with security STIGS affecting various applications and services in the Joint staff environment.
- Technical Lead for JCS (Joint Chiefs of Staff) 64 bit workstation image creation.
- Assisted with the creation and deployment of the Windows 2008 Server R2 image (32bit and 64bit).
- Configured and troubleshoot issues with the introduction of a new Operating System into the JCS environment.
- Configured Group Policies and various AD components to manage over bit and 64bit Windows 7 workstations.
- Troubleshoot various issues with Group Policies, DHCP Servers, and DNS Servers.
- Configured SCCM Task Sequences to deploy and capture 64bit Windows 7 workstation image.
- Troubleshoot issues with over 400 applications running on Windows 7 32bit and 64bit Operating System.
- Engineered the Windows 7 32bit and 64bit laptop encryption process (Bitlocker).
- Created various SOP’s for use by the service desk to troubleshoot issues with day to day workstation issues.
Operations Support Engineer
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Hardware and Software support for 1600 Local and Remote users on various HP and Dell Workstations and Laptops.
- Create and Maintain a Universal Windows XP and Windows 7 Image for Desktop and laptop deployment using MDT
- Collaborated with the Enterprise Architect on a Universal Windows 2008 image for Scripted deployment on Physical and Virtual Servers (Hyper-V)
- Primary for the Guardian Edge Encryption deployment for all Workstations
- Black Berry Enterprise Support (Server and Device)
- Backup Exec version 12.5 (User request for file restores)
- Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 support
- Coral Office Suite 10 and 12
Confidential, Springfield, MD
- Primary Administrator of Opsware (HP Server Automation) Implementation Engineer assigned to the Windows Platform Engineering Group
- Responsible for the overall availability, stability, and maintenance of the application in a 24/7 environment.
- Deploy Agents on various Operating Systems utilizing deployment Scripts (Red Hat Linux, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Solaris).
- Submitted/Remediated Change Requests to the EDIME CCB and the OIT CCB regarding NCM integration, fix for the core, transfer of agents being managed from one core to another, and building new cores after one is corrupted.
- Troubleshot issues regarding to the Opsware Agent Deployments throughout the Enterprise in to firewall rules blocking installation and communication with the core and VAM.
- Coordinated meetings on how Opsware could benefit various groups in the CBP enterprise i.e. Business Objects, Network Engineering, UNIX operations, etc.
- Troubleshoot issues with the core in regards to SAN failures and incorrect backup procedures being enacted on Opsware core.
- Software that I administered:
- HP Server Automation Software
- Red Hat Linux AS 4
- VM Ware Virtual Center
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Perform all installations, maintenance, configuration, research, backups, patching, disaster recovery and administration for all production servers which include application and web servers within the DAIDS-RCC environment.
- Perform backups and restores utilizing C.A. Arcsoft for all relational databases components
- Pager rotation 24/7 for network connectivity or server performance resolution
- Maintain MS SQL Server 2000 for Application support.
- Desktop Administration for all users working on the DAIDS-RCC project at CTIS.
- Research and ordering Server and Workstation hardware to be used by the DAID-RCC project.
- Active Directory Domain Administration
- Windows Exchange 2003
- MDT paired with Windows Distribution Services for Image Deployment
- Track It
- GFI Spam filter
- WSUS for Automated Microsoft Update Deployment
- Avaya Phone Server site administration
- Instituting application installation using group policy
- Configured Remote Assistance for the IT staff in CTIS
- Built/Administer a WDS server used for imaging.
- Part of a two man team that does all physical and desktop maintenance for users in the CTIS environment.
- Maintain thirteen Production SQL Servers within the CTIS environment that apply to different applications within the enterprise
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Configured and Deployed desktops to be used by the staff of Charles County Health Department.
- Configuring network connectivity for the desktops being deployed.