- Experienced Cisco and VMware certified systems administrator with 5+ years of success in systems administration, troubleshooting, user support and training; demonstrated strength working with diverse teams and users. Donated more than 1,000 volunteer hours to American Red Cross and responded to National Disasters (Hurricane Matthew and San Jose Floods).
- Strong analytical, problem - solving and communication skills, with emphasis on clear, detailed documentation of business requirements, functional specifications and management reports
- VLANs, VTPs on Cisco switches
- Inter-VLAN routing
- Advanced spanning-tree features (RSTP, RPVST)
- Deploy QoS in campus switched area networks for various applications
- Configure frame-relay
- Routing protocols like EIGRP, ODR, RIP (v1, 2), IGRP, OSPF
- EIGRP, RIP on NBMA technology and authentication
- Static, dynamic, and port overloading techniques of NAT
- Configure DHCP
- IP multicasting IP PIM sparse/dense/sparse-dense mode (including frame-relay)
- Configure HSRP, VRRP for first hop redundancy protocol
- Configure IP addressing scheme for different topologies
- SNMP, RMON, NTP, logging
- Network performance monitors: SolarWinds Orion
- Operating systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8.X//10
- Microsoft Server 2008 R2 administration Microsoft Office
- Installing/troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite: Visio, Access, Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experienced in desktop troubleshooting
- Computer hardware assembly and hardware troubleshooting
Confidential, Somerville, MA
- Responsible for daily activities related to Windows 10 Build 1773 deployment with TPM version 2.0 upgrade.
- Checking the compliance for all the devices and making sure all the systems are compliant as per the HealthCare Standards.
- Responsible for R&D of MAC OS implementation, including installation, stabilization, remote access and other components focused on Security, Compliance and Backup.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and testing of all the new devices being introduced in the company ensuring that compliance and security standards are met.
- Defining and documenting the process and procedures for the team to follow.
- Helped with Microsoft Security Patching and testing them making sure the systems are always compliant.
- Troubleshooting the issues reported by Partners Helpdesk related to the current deployment.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
Sr. Systems Engineer
- I am responsible for the Analysis of existing IT infrastructure of the hotel, suggesting upgrades and securing the network according to PCI compliance. I am involved, from pre-onboarding to on-boarding, proof of concept, implementation and delivery of the project. Also, I am involved in new builds and troubleshooting.
- Software Support: Opera PMS, Millennium PMS, Micros, Retail Pro, Oxi Interface, Interface Server for Opera, Galaxy, Galaxy Light speed, Persona, Sage, HOTSOS, Microsoft FRX Book4Time, GiveX, Frequency call manager, etc.
- Hardware: Dell Servers, HP servers, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Dell-EMC SAN, HP SAN, Barracuda Fiber Switches, Dell NAS, Netgear NAS, Cisco ASA, Cisco Meraki, SIP Trunks, Cyberoam, Nomadix, Desktop, VMware VDI, File Servers etc.
- Virtualization Platform: VMware Datacenter, VMware Horizon View, Microsoft Hype-V
- Microsoft Server: 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, Exchange, Lync
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Installation and maintenance of all systems within organization and remote/client locations.
- Building, POC, configuration and troubleshooting of server and desktop hardware.
- Designing, implementing and managing Active Directory.
- Install and configure Microsoft Exchange and client configuration using Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Maintenance of Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access and Maintenance of Microsoft Office Outlook E-mail, Calendaring & Scheduling. Troubleshooting of Microsoft Office Outlook database & structure problems.
- Ensure adequate antivirus protection & solutions are maintained and updated.
- Maintaining organization’s internal network (LAN)
- Maintaining maximum availability of supported services for users.
- Monitoring the progress of third-party maintenance contract suppliers.
- Develop operational processes and procedures while providing on-site system training for users and administrators
- Ensuring that support calls are logged and handled effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for disaster recovery, closing security loopholes and access levels.
- Producing documentation on operational, system and user procedures & guidelines.
- Obtaining quotes for supply of goods and services from suppliers.
- Providing advice on selection and purchase of IT equipment and software
Confidential, Stamford, CT
Healthcare Analyst (Intern)
- Actively pursuing training for Epic, Infor Cloverleaf and HL7 certification
VMware, System, Cisco & Network Administrator
- Established IT infrastructure, including networks, virtualization and administration, for Confidential, JKT Enterprises, Itech Vardhan and private clients
- Provided project-based VMware and infrastructure setup/configuration training to corporate clients.
- Operated and maintained virtualized and non-virtualized hardware/software systems at local and remote data centers
- Evaluated future data center needs and researched new technologies to produce accurate capacity planning documents
- Negotiated hardware and software purchases and maintenance contracts with vendors
- Created and implemented disaster recovery plans and procedures for data centers, including hot backup sites for mission critical applications
- Evaluated and selected anti-virus and intrusion detection software for email and Windows operating system
- Worked on system proof of concept for Skilrock Technologies
- Procured, installed and configured VMware vSphere Datacenter including negotiation and coordination with vendors, proof of concept and troubleshooting
- Coached and trained IT and corporate professionals seeking CCNA, CCNP, VMWARE VCP-DCD 5.X(VCP-DCD 5.0, VCP-DCD 5.1 and VCP- DCD5.5), CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Storage+ Powered by SNIA, and Microsoft Office certifications
- Completed initial system installations; identified, isolated and corrected system and network faults; troubleshot, identified root causes of problems and implemented quick, cost-effective solutions
- Trained more than 70 students over a two-year period with 100% success rate on Cisco network certification examinations and VMware examinations
- Trained and coached IT and corporate professionals seeking CCNA, CCNP and Microsoft Office certification, and provided corporate project-based training for setup and support of networks and desktops
- Students achieved 100% passing rate on their Cisco network certification examinations.
Level 2 Network Support and Administrator
- April 2011 recipient of iGATE Patni Top Performer award
- Managed and optimized performance of Cisco 1,000+ device VoIP and data network, including backup and maintenance, for Rexel Holdings USA including subsidiaries Rexel Inc., Gexpro, and Gexpro Services
- Provided Level 2 support to Rexel Holdings USA including assignment of trouble tickets to voice team
- Network Crown Award from client, Rexel Holdings USA, 2011
- Distributed and maintained enterprise mobile devices including RIM BlackBerry, Verizon AirCard and Thuraya satellite phones; troubleshot mobile devices and carrier services to ensure uninterrupted service
- Piloted out-of-band approach to assuring network management service in the event of WAN outage
- Identified, isolated and corrected network faults; troubleshot and implemented quick, effective solutions; analyzed and optimized network performance using SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor (NPM)
- Summer Intern (2009 and 2010), Defence Terrain Research Laboratory, Defence Research and Development Organisation, New Delhi, India
- Constructed rule-based MATLAB model for classifying satellite imagery objects using a granular computing framework and hierarchical self-organizing maps; documented and presented model and findings to DTRL and D.A.V. Institute of Engineering and Technology personnel
- Researched and developed hybrid swarm intelligence models for satellite image classification