- 7 + years of IT experience as Cloud Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Build & Release Engineer, Linux Administrator, Systems Engineer in SCM, Build/Release Management with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment/Delivery as an iterative process and Automation of infrastructure including end - to-end code configuration, and cloud services.
- Experience in Implementation of Office365 and Azure Active Directory for single sign-on, authentication, authorization, and Azure Role-based Access Control (RBAC) and configured Azure Virtual Networks(VNets),subnets,DHCPaddress blocks, DNS settings, Security policies, and routing.
- Expertise in migrating the existing v1 (Classic) Azure infrastructure into v2 (ARM), scripting and templating the whole end to end process as possible. Configuring the Azure Load Balancer to Load balance incoming traffic to VM’s.
- Experienced in creating and managing pipelines using Azure Data Factory , copying data, configuring data flow in and out of Azure Data Lake Stores according to technical requirements and MS Azure Cloud Architecture (MS Azure Pack (Private Cloud), PaaS and IaaS) assessments.
- Hands on experience in Azure Development worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQLDatabase, Virtual machines, Fabric controller, Azure AD, Storage Accounts and ARM templates.
- Hands on Experience in using AWS cloud services like EC2, ECS, EBS, AMI, IAM, RDS, Route 53, Cloud Front, Cloudwatch, CloudFormation, Security Groups, SNS, VPC, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, EC2 Container Service, Auto Scaling, Amazon EMR, Elastic ache, and S3.
- Experience in working with AWS Code Pipeline & creating CloudFormationJSON templates to create custom sized VPC& migrate a production infrastructure into an AWS utilizing Code Deploy, Code Commit, OpsWorks.
- Experience in writing CloudFormation templates to automate AWS environment creation along with the ability to deployment on AWS , using build scripts (AWS CLI) and automate solutions using Shell and Python.
- Experience on AWS , focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling using Terraform templates. Along with (CI/CD) with AWS Lambda and AWS Code Pipeline and Using Python included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Experienced in both framework and CloudFormation to automate AWS environment creation along with the ability to deployment on AWS , using build scripts (AWS CLI) and automate solutions using Shell and Python .
- Expertise in Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks. Proficient knowledge with Mesos providing the fine-grained resource allocations for pods across nodes in a cluster.
- Expertise in deep development/enhancement of OpenStack components such as Nova, neutron,designate,Cinder,Swift, Image, Horizon&Identity, and Ceilometer.
- Experience in architecting solutions for Developer Productivity, Operator Efficiency, Comprehensive Security and High Availability in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, run, ship, and deploy the application securely for fastening the build/release engineering. Expertise in setting up Docker environmentsDocker Daemon,Docker Client,Docker Hub,DockerRegistries,Docker Compose and handling multiple images by storing them in containers to deploy.
- Proficient in using Docker in swarm mode and Kubernetes for container orchestration, by writing Docker files and setting up the automated build on Docker HUB.
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles, group variables, inventory files, copy and remove files on remote systems using file module. And Skilled in writing Ansible playbooks, inventories creating custom playbooks in YAML language, encrypting the data using Ansible Vault and maintaining role-based access control by using Ansible Tower and implementing IT orchestration using Ansible to run tasks in a sequence which can work on different servers.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, Bootstrapping Nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM. Used knife command-line, BASH to provide an interface between the local Chef-repo and Chef server and to automate the deployment process.
- Experience in creating Puppet Manifests and modules to automate system operations. Worked on installation and configurations of Puppet Agent,Puppet Master and deployed Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Bamboo by installing, configuring and maintaining the purpose of ContinuousIntegration (CI) and End-to-End automation for all build and deployments implementing CI/CD for the database using Jenkins .
- Experience in managing the repository manager like Nexus for the Maven builds. Integrated Maven with Jenkins by which the Surefire test reports and Javadoc produced by Maven are captured and to build parallel modules.
- Experience in working with Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in the Amazon AWS cloud environment and familiar with surrounding technology such as Kubernetes.
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts such as war and ear from Source Code also experienced in deploying the artifacts to Nexus Repository Manager and Artifactory using the scripts of Maven and Ant.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and SVN, perforce on UNIX and Windows environments, migrated SVN repositories to GIT and Proficient in using different Bug tracking tools like Jira,Bugzilla, and IBM Clear Quest.
- Proficient in installing, configuring, tuning Database Servers (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB) Maintained and Performed required DB tasks.
- Expertise in detecting network outages and protocol failures by using Nagios monitoring system andexperienced in configuring other monitoring tools like Splunk and ELK stack.
- Experience in working on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBoss to deploy code& deployment in DevOps through automation using scripting languages such as Shell, Bash, Perl, JSON, Ruby, Groovy and Python.
- Experience in Firewall management, OS security, scheduling job using Cron and a strong understanding of advance network protocols like TCP/IP, UDP,IPv4, IPv4 Sub Netting, IPv6, DHCP, PXE,SSH,FTP.
- Exposed to all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management in Agile, Scrum and waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in LINUX/UNIX system builds, administration, Installations, Upgrades, Troubleshooting on different distributions such as Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, RHEL 4.x/5.x/6. x.
Cloud Technologies: Azure, AWS, OpenStack, PCF, GCP. Containerization Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes.
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, puppet.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins/Hudson
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, SVN, TFS
Scripting Languages: Python, Ruby, JSON, YAML, Bash shell, Power ShellVirtualization Technologies VMware ESX/ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Virtual box, Vagrant
Web Servers: Apache HTTP 3.x, Apache Tomcat, Nginx
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, ELK, App Dynamics, Cloud Watch
Repository Management: JFrog, Nexus, Artifactory
Bug Tracking Tools: Bugzilla, JIRA, HP ALM, IBM ClearQuest
Operating Systems: Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, Linux, Windows
Databases: MySQL, MS Access, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB)
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
Confidential - Durham, NC
- Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbooks, PowerShell runbooks that will automate specific tasks. deployed Azure AD Connect, configuring ADFS authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect.
- Deployed Cloud services (PaaS role instances) and Azure IaaS Virtual machines (VMs) into secure subnets and VNets and designed Network Security Groups (NSGs) to control inbound and outbound access to network Interfaces (NICs), subnets and VMs.
- Configured diagnostics, monitoring and analytics on Azure using API Management, Logic Apps and set up documentation using SwaggerAPI, while focusing on scale and resilience for Azure Web Apps.
- Provisioned the high availability of Azure VMs using Terraform and ARM templates, wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform and involved in using terraform to migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Azure. worked with Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts and managed containerized applications using its nodes,config maps, selectors and services.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Created and monitored the Kubernetes master cluster and configuring networking and other Kubernetes primitives like Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS).
- Created Docker Swarm using Docker CLI to Orchestrate, schedule and deploy the services to Swarm and managed the Swarm behavior and created virtual networks to connect Docker containers across multiple hosts using Docker weave.
- Setup Docker to automate container deployment through Jenkins and Dealt with Docker Hub, making Docker Images and taking care of various Images essentially for middleware establishments.
- Configured applications that run multi-container Docker applications by utilizing the Docker-Compose tool which uses a file configured in YAML format and Built complete Configuration Management for the Microservices using Kubernetes, Docker, and Ansible.
- Created Ansible roles in YAML and defined tasks, variables, files, handlers and templates. Created inventory and configured the ansible files for parallel development in Ansible for automating the continuous delivery process.
- Installed Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role-based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Extensively worked on Jenkinsby installing, configuring and maintaining the purpose of CI and End-to-End automation for all build and deployments implementing CI/CD for the database using Jenkins. Used Jenkins API to query the Jenkins server state and change configuration and automate jobs on nodes.
- Managed and developed different aspects of Jenkins to act as an administrator as well as wrote GROOVY scripts in order to make the configuration management system more effective.
- Configured and Maintained Jenkins on Tomcat servers& setup continuous integration automation by promoting certified packages through various stages in SDLC.
- Configured email and messaging notifications, managed users and permissions, system settings and Maintained two Jenkins servers to deploy into production and non-production.
- Wrote MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process and managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Used Maven as build tool on java projects to build artifacts on the source code, and defined dependencies and plugins in POM.xml for various required activities to be done. Integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (NexusArtifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Ansible as a CI/CD Process.
- Worked with Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration, creating required scripts in Python and checking out the code from GIT and use Maven pom.xml to build Jar, war, tar, and ear artifacts.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker swarm, Jenkins and GitHub. Whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins automatically builds a new Docker swarm container from it.
- SecuredMongoDB using authentication and configuring, implementing and supporting High Availability with Load balancing (sharding) cluster of MongoDB having TB’s of data.
- Created utilities to monitor continuous delivery process (job failure rate, disk usage), coded changes in Git& job failures in Jenkins.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of an automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Integrated JIRA and Jenkins with regards to Release Noted creation and updates. Worked on building and deploying Java code through Jenkins.
- Install and configure SQL Server database, and design and implement database and procedures for capturing build and test metrics.
- Worked on configuring SSL certificates in Apache Tomcat, threaddumps,coordinated Middleware team in installation, configuration and troubleshooting issues with the Application Server and Apache/Tomcat server on Linux.
- Managed users and groups in Linux servers to create, modify and delete users/groups and troubleshooting user related issues and involved in Troubleshooting Linux Systems identifying Hardware, software (both OS and Application level) and networking issues.
- Configured and maintained Linux virtualization in test and prod environment using VMware, vSphere, Client and HPSA for Red Hat Linux OS installation.
- Installed, configured, supported and troubleshootingUnix/Linux Networking services and protocols like NIS, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, FTP, SSH, and SAMBA.
Confidential -Atlanta, GA
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-production where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- CreatedS3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 Buckets and Glacier for storage, backup and archived in AWS and in setting up and maintenance of Auto-Scaling AWS stacks.
- Generated AWS Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for instance SSH logon, worked with teams to lock down security groups and created IAM roles so AWS resource can securely interact with otherAWS.
- Developed and maintained a cloud-based web hosting including security audit PHP, used Amazon AWS for disaster recovery, created SAN/NAS services with CARP for redundancy and file sharing for services.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS cloud watch and maintained the logs using AWSCloudTRail.
- Designed Cloud Infrastructure as a Service environment using open source technology OpenStack to enable Portability of Cloud Services across Hybrid Cloud environments.
- Managed local deployments inKubernetes, involved in creating a local cluster and deploying application containers. Created a private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Built complete Configuration Management for the Microservices usingKubernetes, Docker, and Ansible and UsedKubernetes to setup service selection and load balancing.
- Worked on Migrated Marathon to Kubernetes to create projects, services for load balancing and adding them to routes by accessing from outside, created pods through new application and controlling, scaling and troubleshooting pods through SSH. Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports development, test and production environments.
- Responsible in delivering Docker container deployment mechanism to manage the cost of teams building their own continuous delivery pipeline worked with Docker Managing platform, leveraged custom Docker Images as Containerized Applications with in Docker Engine as Multi Stack Application such as LAMP.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration. Also Created pipelines for deploying code from GitHub to Kubernetes cluster in the form of Docker containers using Spinnaker platform.
- Deployed Docker containers by using images stored in a repository using Kubernetes, both on-premise and on AWS cloud.
- Configured chef to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for coreAMIs used by all application deployments including Auto scaling and incorporating chef on the JSON CloudFormation scripts for the configuration deployment onto the nodes.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks as the Wrapper cookbook to use and manage a dependency cookbook from Chef Supermarket to automate the bootstrappednode to get the updates from Chef Server on a certain time interval.
- Worked with json templates on cloud formation, ruby scripts for chef automation and contributing to the repository on GIT(sub version control).
- Implemented the email notification and slack channel notification service in the Jenkins file to trigger message when the pipeline runs. And Setup Jenkins server and built jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the GIT and integrated GIT with Jenkins to automate the code check out process with the help of Jenkins DSL Plugin.
- Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR/WAR files and developed automated deployment scripts using Maven to deploy war files, a properties file. Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Pushed Code from Git to nexus to make it available for release through automation script using Jenkins and Performed Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins and Yum.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as a defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Involved in using ELK (Elastic Search, Log Stash, and Kibana) stack for network and server monitoring, storing the logs and visualizing them using Nginx
- Created automation and deployment templates for relational and NoSQL databases including MySQL and Cassandra in AWS.
- Worked with application teams to resolve issues related to Enterprise and Web Applications hosted on WebSphere, JBoss, and Tomcat.
- Maintained Artifacts in binary repositories using JFrog Artifactory and pushed new Artifacts by configuring the Jenkins project in Jenkins Artifactory plugin.
- Managed users and groups in Solaris & Linux servers to create, modify and delete users/groups and troubleshooting user-related issues.
- Involved in Linux system administration and performance tuning. Wrote Shell Scripts (bash) to automate the package installation, web server, and instance configuration.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on Linux environments using shell scripting and CRON.
- Creating the file systems using Redhat volume manager and performing the health check on a regular basis for all Linux serves.
Environment: AWS (EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, Deploy, Code Commit, Private Cloud, API, Route 53 (DNS), ECS, Dynamo DB, CloudWatch, Kubernetes, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, Shell, YAML, Maven, GIT, RedHat Linux, Bash, Shell, Tomcat.
Confidential - Austin, Texas
- Used AWS Cloud Formation templates for provision the infrastructure necessary to create development, test and production environments and configured users and groups using the Amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM) using MFAmulti-factor authentication to secure AWS accounts.
- Managed data warehouse using Amazon RedShift to analyze all data using SQL& existing business intelligence tools.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies on the IAM role based polices and assigned to cloud instances and performed EC2 instances provisioning on AWS environment and implemented security groups, administered VPC s.
- Configured Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with both public and private subnets, NAT instances, and Elastic LoadBalancers. Implemented VPC peering to ensure communication between instances in separate VPCs.
- Built and deployed Docker containers to break up monolithic app into Micro-services, improving developer workflow and optimizing speed and converted our staging and Production environment from a handful aim s to a single bare metal host running Docker .
- Managed Microservices using Docker to quickly spin up into reproducible dev environment and scaling them and orchestration using Amazon EC2container service (ECS) and deploy it to an Amazon EC2 instance.
- Created and maintained various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and development environment and performed configuration automation using Docker containers .
- Implemented Docker-Maven plugin and Maven POM to build Docker Images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker Images from the java jar files .
- Installed, deployed and configured Chef Server Enterprise and bootstrapped the nodes using Knife and automated by testing the Chef Cookbooks with Test Kitchen.
- Worked extensively on Chef for deployment of AWS EC2 instances , created custom scripts (Ruby) and managing changes through Chef server on its clients.
- Worked on documentation - Chef basics, Initial setup of Chef , Data bags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook document, Testing docs also Implemented a CI/CD framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven in a Linux environment.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI/CD Jenkins server.
- Developed strategies and supported tools to create an efficient automated integration and release process using Jenkins and implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT from scratch.
- Worked on GIT Bucket which includes creating new users, Branching, Merging the changes and writing some pre-commit & post-commit hook scripts .
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Worked on setting up Splunk to capture and analyze data from various layers Load Balancers, Webservers.
- Implemented password less ( SSH ) authentication between servers. Administer System logs, Security logs.
- Support for Linux/Unix systems administration, operational support and problem resolution for server systems Created shared NFS files, mounting and un-mounting NFS server, NFS client on a remote machine, sharing remote file folder, starting &Stopping the NFS services .
Environment: AWS, Splunk, Chef, Jenkins, Maven, Ruby, Shell, Git, JIRA, Ssh, Test Director, Virtualization.
Build and Release Engineer
- Responsible for User Management, Plugin Management and End-to-End automation of Build and Deployment process using Jenkins .
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant'sbuild.xml.
- Developed UNIX and Perl Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Automated Linux production server's setup using Puppet scripts. Used these scripts to replicate production build environments on a local dev box using Vagrant and Virtual Box.
- Configured secure HTTP for SVN source control, and back-end communication with SQL Database and manage user access to SVN repositories and created Instances in Apache Webserver and JBoss Application server in QA & Production environments.
- Used JIRA as a ticketing system tool to handle the issues/tasks/service requests created by multiple team members across the project.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company. Responsible for administration and management of Nexus .
- Implemented shell scripts for Automated Back-ups and Cron Jobs using ssh and bash and managed user accounts and groups for corporate Linux users and supported corporate Linux Development servers.0.
- Responsible for the installation of CentOS Linux for new build environment in Virtual Box. Managing all types of installation and upgrade on Linux servers , Installed and maintained CentOS and LinuxRed Hat Servers.
- Performed configuration of standard Linux and network protocols, such as SMTP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, NFS, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP.
Environment: Jenkins, Artifactory, Linux, Maven, JIRA, Nexus, Svn, Shell Scripts, SQL, Apache Tomcat, Vagrant, PowerShell.
- Performed Development, QA, and Prod UNIX system LAN ID requests, troubleshooting for system alerts and incidents.
- Installed and configured Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x/6.x and Solaris 10/11 Operating System on physical servers as well as Virtual Machines for development and test environment. configured SSH, SFTP, NDM, EMC Power path, Veritas Dynamic multipathing, Oracle client, SAMBA utility software.
- Implemented the Jumpstart in Solaris servers and Kickstart in Linux Servers to mechanize the servers for numerous profiles.
- Configured and oversaw Apache Web Server on Linux for electronic applications utilizing REST/Cleanserand WebLogic.
- Added clients as indicated by ticket prerequisite and mounted the record framework, Cron-employments in Redhat Linux .
- Worked on Linux Logical Volume (LVM), created volume groups, Logical volumes, file systems, and troubleshooting.
- Wrote Shell Scripts for system/application, Application monitoring , Data feeds files transfers & log file analysis.
Environment: RedHat, Nagios, Shell Scripts, Apache Tomcat, Virtualization, Linux, Splunk, DNS, FTP, Oracle, WebSphere, SSH.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Redhat Linux.
- Configured dynamic and static network settings for IPv4 and filter packets, Review file system management concepts, removable media and configure NFS shares with Autofs.
- Worked on Day to Day Server maintenance task using command ns lookup, ping, top, vmstat, Iostat, TCP dump etc.
- Set up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Worked on Kerneltuning, Writing Shellscripts for system maintenance and file management.
- Responsible for Package and patch management on Sun servers and configuring real-timebackup of webservers.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux, Logical Volume Manager for Linux and VMware, Hyper-V Manager VMware vSphere Client, Citrix Xen.