Accomplished IT Professional offering experience in the areas of white glove Executive Support, network configuration, implementation, testing and deployment. Exceptional skills in leading project transformation utilizing programming knowledge, strategic insight and sharp planning skills to manage network infrastructure projects and provide solutions for meeting top - and bottom-line objectives
Hardware: Cisco Routers ASR 1000 Series, 800/2800/3800/4300.
Switches: 1901/3750/3850/4500/6500/ Nexus 5K/7/9K. Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall, Palo Alto Firewalls
Software: Windows, Mac OS, Orian SolarWinds, UltraDns, Tiny DNS, Cisco Prime, Cisco ISE, Netbrain, Thousand Eyes, Netscout, and Live NX
Wan Routing: MPLS, DMVPN, TCP/IP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, MetroE
Lan: Vlans, Trunking, VTP, STP, EtherChannel, VPC, HSRP, VRRP
Network Operations Engineer
- Monitor and manage the day to day 24/7 up time of all core devices across the globe via SolarWinds.
- Perform site discovery of network devices in SolarWinds in USA, Asia and Europe regions.
- Maintain and manage DNS via Godaddy and Infoblox. Add, Modify and purchase of SSL s, Cname and A record changes.
- Create new VPC/ VNC on both AWS and Azure.
- Develop and manage projects and technical implementations related to networks, with minimal disruption to clients
- Work within established configuration and change management framework to ensure awareness, approval, and implementation of network changes
- Research and develop new network services and standards for WAN, LAN, Wireless, ISP and network transport including AVPN MPLS WAN, SDWAN and Metro Ethernet
- Performed site surveys and implementation plans for new remote offices, Including replacement of EOL Cisco switches and routers (2900/3900/4331 Routers) (3700/3800/4500 Switches)
- Perform IOS / Firmware upgrades on both Cisco Switches and Routers.
- Analyze site Utilization and recommend circuit upgrades.
- Manage relationship with outside vendors (AT&T, Cisco, Centurylink, NTT)
- Upgraded over 120 Palo Alto firewalls across the country.
- Created VPC ports as per request of server team on 7/9K switches.
- Utilizing Cisco Prime to monitor / manage Wireless AP and pull heat maps to determine upgrades and replacements.
- Involved in implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP. Implementation of HSRP, VRRP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
Infrastructure Network Engineer
- Monitor, Maintain, and troubleshoot multi-vender Lan, Wan, branch office, and DataCenter Environments.
- Work with Verizon to upgrade Wan and customer CE routers, Tested WAN and DMVPN failovers.
- Provide Day-to-Day support to multiple offices across the globe and 12 Datacenters.
- Utilized UltraDNS / Infoblox to make required DNS change requests.
- Utilization of ThousandEyes, Netscout, to troubleshoot network performance issues.
- Troubleshooting and configuring issues related to BGP, EIGRP and OSPF.
- Worked with SOC Team to block\unblock IP address across the network.
- Understanding of networking concepts, (IE. Configuration of networks, router/Switch configuration, TCP/IP, VPN, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WAN, Ethernet Port).
- Experience with configuring Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender (FEX) on the 5K switches.
- Configured VPC connection on 7/9K as per change requests.
- Traffic monitoring and diagnostics utilizing SolarWinds (LAN & WAN) and Cisco Prime (WLAN).
- Real time troubleshooting and diagnostics of issues across LAN and WAN network through NetBrain.
- Troubleshooting infrastructure network with other teams to resolve issues related to servers, VMwares, Routers, Switches, Riverbeds, F5 and Firewalls.
- Performed basic Riverbed Stealhead troubleshooting by checking Irules, checking logs for Asynchronous traffic and Bypassing https traffic across all Riverbeds globally.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Part of Cisco ROS (Remote Operation Services) team providing tier-1/2/3 network support. Monitored and supported Cisco System's global network. (Blackrock, SEARS, and THD - over 6000 devices).
- Worked with SolarWinds Orion to monitor network devices and sites.
- Monitored network stability, availability and performance. Identified, diagnosed and resolved network problems as needed.
- Oversaw installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer's hardware and software.
- Utilized Cisco Prime to manage Access Points and retrieve heat maps.
- Configured Cisco 800 series routers, Cisco 2000, 3000, 5000, 7000 Switches.
- Configured Palo Alto 200/500 Series Firewalls and Cisco ASA5505 Firewalls
- Worked with Cisco hardware and software vendors to resolve technical network issues, opened cases for investigation as well as requested RMA's along with working with onsite remote hands and eyes for resolution.
- Troubleshot and monitored issues related to BGP, T1/T3/ MetroEthernet Circuit, DMVPN, HSRP, Switch Stack, Port Security, and VLANs.
- Interfaced with third party vendors such as Granite, Cisco, AT&T, and Verizon.
- Assisted in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Implemented redundancy/failover using HSRP.
- Used Layer 3 protocols like EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP to resolve issues on the network.
- Troubleshot problems involving layer 2 issues related to port configuration such as Port security, VTP, and VLANs.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Streamlined operational efficiencies by providing support to carriers, vendors and end users meet overall department objectives.
- Monitored system stability, availability and performance. Troubleshot and monitored EIGRP, BGP and T1/T3/Ethernet circuit issues and escalated to AT&T / Verizon to resolve issues.
- Minimized workflow lags by timely configuring and troubleshooting STP, VTP and Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP) on the Cisco routers/Switches 2000, 3000, 5000 series remotely utilizing SecureCRT Secure Shell (SSH) and Putty.
- Configured and implemented routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, and Static Routes.
- Developed VLANs and included ports to VLANs by configuring and monitoring port Security on switches.
- Troubleshot and tested switch ports on MDF and IDF for devices on the network.
- Researched, designed and implemented VLANs, EIGRP, OSPF, VTP, Trunks, HSRP, and STP for Senior Engineers to test prior to deployment.
- Configured basic settings on Palo Alto PA-500, PA-200/Asa5500 Firewalls such as updates, setup zones, and VLANs.
- Monitored network nodes daily in SolarWinds, also for any network outages to configure alerts and schedule maintenance.
- Executed basic remote access solution implementation and support with Cisco VPN.
- Strengthened traceability by maintaining work completed and in-progress records while updating network documentation to record installations, upgrades, and configurations.
- Administered add, move, and change requests from end users, new cabling installations and port activations.
- Mitigated regulatory risks by upgrading Cisco Routers and Switches IOS to meet company security compliance.
Senior Executive Desktop Support
- Created KB articles database in service while managing network diagrams from retail sites.
- Ensured supply met demand by managing equipment inventory.
- Minimized project lags by new hires on best practices and protocols to maximize performance.
- Supervised Desktop Support employees and monitored performance to ensure optimal productivity.
- Delivered Executive Support to CEF, CFO, CIO and Administrative Assistants to ensure maximum workflow.
- Setup and configured MS Lync/Skype for Business for Executives to streamline operational workflow.
- Utilized LyncAdmin Console to permission user accounts.
- Installed and configured Cloud Storage such as Google Drive, DropBox and ActiveSync to improve data sharing/retrieval processes.
- Created and installed VMware Images for developers on Mac Platform.
- Utilized SCCM to deploy software and troubleshot users remotely to mitigate project downtime.
- Leveraged AD to manage user’s Exchange mailbox size and password resets for automating security practices.
- Supported workforce on both MAC OS and Windows 10/8/7 systems.
- Configured and trained users on Microsoft Surface 3 & 4 for enhanced usage.