Seeking a position in Cybersecurity or Messaging in the St Louis Metro area.
- 18 years of experience providing support for Exchange Server in enterprise environments. Microsoft Certified in Exchange Implementation and Administration. Trained and experienced with Exchange 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007, and 2013. Performed migrations from Groupwise, Lotus Notes and Exchange 5.5 to 2003, 2003 to 2007, and 2007 to 2013. Administration of mobile messaging systems such as ActiveSync and Blackberry Enterprise Server, support of Blackberry devices.
- Patching and maintenance of mission critical servers while ensuring maximum up time for a variety of highly sensitive customers: VHA hospitals, financial customers at IBM, and central services at Confidential.
- Worked with supporting Confidential . Additional experience with Windows server 2003, 2008 and 2008 R2 servers, and managing IIS and KMS servers.
- Four years of experience implementing and supporting Active Directory in large enterprise environments. Microsoft Certified in Active Directory Design and Support. Migrated Veterans Health Administration from nearly 300 NT 4 Domains to an Active Directory forest of 30 domains. Served as Windows 2000/2003 Team Lead. Designed AD Disaster Recovery infrastructure. Five years supporting AD in a university setting, dealing with the difficulties of a federated IT structure.
- Using email security appliances from Cisco (Ironport) and Proofpoint, I have been responsible for blocking incoming Malware, Spam, Bulk and Phishing emails, as well as managing URL and Attachment Defense products, working in cooperation with the Security Incident Response Team to block or respond to attacks on our mail environment. Trained as an Ethical Hacker.
- I also work with our Information Security team, providing them with options for encrypting and designing and deploying Data Loss Prevention (DLP) for our outbound mail flow to prevent the deliberate or accidental release of sensitive information via email.
- Disaster recovery planning and execution. Called on to develop a disaster response to hurricane Katrina.
- Evaluated and developed a recovery plan covering the three VA Medical Centers in Jackson, Biloxi and New Orleans. Restored mail service to all sites within three days, including the restoration of mail at a remote location for the flooded New Orleans hospital. Maintained and managed to disaster recovery plan for the Messaging infrastructure of Confidential
- Twelve years of experience in project driven environments, leading or participating in a large variety of projects ranging from small, one man team tasks to large, multi - departmental migrations. Team Lead in mail migration project at the Veterans Health Administration and critical, zero downtime hardware refresh of mail gateway infrastructure at Confidential
- Understand need for understanding user requirements, matching IT plans to business needs, developing a plan to meet those needs, and tracking plan to completion. Trained in Agile using a Scrum framework.
- Understanding of the need of business for technology that supports their business model and the need to improve technology to remain competitive. Business, regulatory and political needs must be considered in technology decisions.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Albany, with concentrations in Marketing and Management; specific course work in Business to Business Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Strategic Planning.
- Experience with work tracking systems such as Service-Now, Rally, Remedy and Altiris used to track trouble tickets and develop reports on compliance with SOP, worker performance, and profiling customer needs.
PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
Active Directory Engineering Consultant
- Migration of Active Directory Objects
- Troubleshoot Post-Migration Issues
- Tape Backup Management
- Group Policy Troubleshooting
- Active Directory migration of Memorial Hospital to Confidential Domain
Messaging & Collaboration Engineer
- Mail Gateway Management - DLP, Anti-Spam, Anti Virus, Mail Encryption
- Notification Tools - Desktop Alert, xMatters
- Administration of Exchange Servers - Exchange 2007, 2013
- Monitoring of Messaging Ticket Queue
- Development of Powershell Scripts
- Updating and reviewing the Messaging Disaster Recovery Plan
- Support of BES 5 and BES 10
- Projects as assigned
- 24/7 Messaging on-call
- Subject matter expert for Ironport, Cisco and Proofpoint mail security appliances
- Technical expertise in Exchange Server 2007 and 2013
- Able to learn and implement new systems as needed
- Project planning skills
- Implementation of Proofpoint Secure Mail Appliance
- Development of disaster recovery scripts to transfer services between data centers.
- Design and implementation of Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Hardware refresh of Ironport C360s to Cisco ESA C390s
- Implementation of Desktop Alert notification system
- Implementation of xMatters notification system
Confidential, St Louis, MO
Network Systems Engineer
- Email migration project moving 1300 users from Exchange 2003 and Lotus Domino to Exchange 2007 and Post-migration support including the migration of Blackberries.
- Support and maintain an existing Exchange 2003 environment with Blackberry Enterprise Server and support for ActiveSync devices.
- Committee to develop a plan for a University student email system.
- Develop and deploy new Microsoft based servers and applications for internal and external customers.
- Provide technical and web support for the download and installation of software provided by Software Licensing.
- 24/7 On-Call support for server issues.
- Desktop support for Windows users.
- Technical expertise in Exchange Server 2003 and 2007.
- Ability to support clustered Windows 2003 servers.
- Knowledge of Active Directory.
- Knowledge of UltraBac and Backup Exec backup software.
- Development and support of a Sharepoint Services server.
- Written and oral communication skills required to communicate with suppliers, customers and peers. Status reports and procedural documentation.
- Support and configuration of Xiotech SAN device.
- Deployment and support of a VMWare ESX Server.
- Migration of Exchange 2003 and Notes users to new Exchange 2007 environment.
- Remediated configuration problems on an existing Exchange 2003 environment.
- Deploy KMS to provide automated activation of Windows Vista, Server 2008, Windows 7, and Office 2010.
- Deployed WSUS to manage server and workstation patching
- Deployment of a university GIS server.
- Selection and deployment of a SAN device providing storage to several UNIX and Windows servers including boot from SAN.
- Development of a VMWare server infrastructure.
- Replacement of a non-functional backup system with a new UltraBac environment.
- Deploy HP-SIM to perform automated monitoring of HP Servers.