- I have Extensive knowledge and background in computer operation principles; computer networking topologies and technologies.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot Network Connectivity Internal and External to the MIDS Enclave.
- Worked with NSOC WAN, NSOC Firewall, NSOC ISupport, DHA VPN Mesh Team on network changes, implementations and troubleshooting.
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco Network switches and firewalls.
- Designing and implementing LAN/WAN networks and network devices.
- Configure, implementing LUN’s on the Hitachi and EMC SAN Devices, Brocade Fiber Switches.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2016 Active Directory, Windows servers.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving system issues and computer hardware/software problems.
- VMware ESXi setup, configuration.
- Solarwinds setup, configuration, and implementation.
- Installing, testing and implementing computer hardware/software.
Confidential, Charleston, SC
Senior Network Engineer
- Supporting MID firewall and switch configuration LAN and WAN topologies and equipment, including Cisco switches, and Palo Alto Next Generation Firewall for the NWIC Systems.
- Support in the setup, installation, and maintenance upgrade of the Juniper SA 4500/Pulse Secure PSA 5000 Secure Access SSL VPN device.
- Maintain, configure, and troubleshoot Cisco Nexus 7700 switches for the MIDS Enclave.
- Maintain and configure of the MIDS Firewall, which is compose of the Palo Alto 5500 Next Gen Firewall.
- Install and troubleshoot McAfee HBSS applications for the MIDS Enclave servers.
- Created firewall rules, NATs, PATs rules. Work with DHA, DHA VPN Mesh team in troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot with Citrix Engineers, project System Administrators with firewall, network related issues, external network connectivity.
- Perform monthly patching of Infrastructure servers. Manage and troubleshoot the Microsoft WSUS server for the MIDS enclave servers for patching.
- Support in the troubleshooting of Windows Servers. Installed and configured VMware ESXi host and added to VMware VCenter. Implemented DISA STIGS for Windows and Network devices.
Confidential, Charleston, SC
Senior Network Engineer
- Supporting and designing LAN and WAN topologies and equipment, including Cisco routers, switches, and Pix Firewalls for the Confidential Systems.
- Support in the setup, installation, and maintenance upgrade of the Juniper SA 4000 and SA 4500 Secure Access SSL VPN device.
- Maintain and configure of the HIS and HID Firewall, which is compose of the Cisco PIX 515e and the Cisco 6509 FWSM Firewall.
- Create firewall rules, SNMP traps, DMZ’s. Provide configuration; upgrade support and maintenance on all network devices for both the HID and HIS Enclave.
- IOS upgrades for the Cisco 3550, 3750, 4506, 6509, PIX 515e, FWSM, Juniper SA 4000 and SA 4500. Setup and configure and maintain of the Juniper Network Devices. Maintain the network configuration of HIS enclave HP c7000 Blade Enclosure. Setup and configured the Egenera Blade Enclosure for the virtualization of the HIS Enclave. Work with and coordinate with INOSC East, West, 26 NOS, and the MHS VPN Mesh team in troubleshooting, and configuring network traffic. Maintain and provide support for the EMC SAN Solutions. System Administration of the Windows 2003 Active Directory, Windows 2003 and 2008 Servers. Troubleshoot all Network problems internal and External to the HIS and HID Enclave. Support in the maintenance and troubleshooting of the HID VDI Infrastructure. Upgraded ESX Servers from 3.5 to 4.0 and, upgraded VMware VCenter from 2.5 to 4.0. Responsible for planning and implementing upgrades of Hardware and System Resources. Create, present new LUN’s on the Hitachi AMS 1000 for System Administrators for Servers in the HIS Enclave. Worked with Vion with the initial configuration and setup of the Hitachi VSP SAN. Setup and Configured the Enterprise level Brocade DCX Fiber Switch for the VSP SAN.
Information Assurance Engineer
- Support varies Naval/Air Force Commands through the management of the Washington Confidential CARS/IA Suite.
- Provided DNS, Firewall, Mail anti - virus configuration. Maintained Red Hat DNS, Symantec Anti-virus, Juniper SG-550 VPNs, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, McAfee Mail, as well as, Sys Log Server.
- As Lead FSET for the IA/CND staff, Provided Network/Information Assurance support to the Washington Confidential Legacy Commands as well as Confidential .
- Lead Engineer on the DISA ECV Preparation, Implementation, and Inspection for the Confidential CARS/IA Suite.
- Installed IAVA Patches, DISA STIGS, Retina Scans, and reports for NetwarCom. Configure, modify as well troubleshoot Red Hat Bind 9.34 DNS configurations.
- Create; modify Firewall Rules, and Network Objects with G2 Sidewinders.
- Troubleshoot SMTP mail problems with Legacy Commands with McAfee Email Appliance 3400. Manage and update NCDOC IP Block List as well as DNS Black Hole list.
- Manage and configure Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Perform Monthly Retina Scans, system backups, and configuration backups of IA/CND Suite.
- Troubleshoot, monitor, and manage VPN connections with Remote Sites.
- Responsible for implementation of firewall access control list changes, operations of anti-virus/e-mail scanning systems and documenting systems and networks connected through the IA suite.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provide Desktop and phone support to the Department of Homeland Security end users.
- Support the maintenance of workstations, laptops, and other computer peripherals.
- Provide full technical support to various types of HP, Unisys/Lexmark, and Lanier printers and copiers.
- Setup, troubleshoot RIM Blackberries and air cards from various cellular phone providers.
- Assist with the monitoring, assigning, updating of tickets through the Confidential Peregrine system.
- Setup and configure of client-based VPN for user’s with Confidential laptops.
- Provide unclassified desktop support to users in a SCIF environment.
- Tracked help desk ticket through the use of Remedy Ticking system.
Confidential, Dahlgren, VA
- Provided on-site technical support, System administration services, as well as information system security-related support for the end-user community, which included a staff of approximately 150 employees.
- Provided technical assistance and user support as required; troubleshoot and resolved problems associated with Confidential ’s desktop hardware, software applications, printers, Lotus Notes client e-mail system, and client network access.
- Performed basic system administration support in a heterogeneous (Microsoft Windows 2000 and 2003 Server) environment.
- Supported multiple networks, primarily using Windows 2000 and 2003 Servers as well as Microsoft Terminal Servers with 3Com Switches, Cisco Switches, and Routers.
- Provided support to Red Hat Linux, Solaris 9/10 UNIX Workstations/Servers, Windows XP Workstations, as well as Wyse Thin Clients.
- Maintained and assisted in the management of three separate networks (two classified and one unclassified) by providing network security and assisting in the installing of two Linux Firewalls.
- Implemented and managed Windows 2000/2003 Terminal Servers.
- Provided Windows 2000 and 2003 Server support in addition to troubleshooting and resolving DNS, WINS, and DHCP problems.
- Designed and implemented the creation of two printer servers. Lead the redesign and implementation of the BrightStor Enterprise Backup system for all three domains.
- Managed the backup and restoration of the enterprise domain data infrastructure.
- Setup and Installed Citrix Server and Client for end-users for access to remote servers.
- Using TCP/IP for network and system administration.
- Lead tech on pc refresh project.
- Designed, implemented ghost image on new workstations.
- Upgraded and installed patches on Windows 2000/2003 Servers, Red Hat Servers, and Windows XP Professional workstations.
- Installed and setup APC UPS back-up power units for enterprise servers.