- Around 9+ years of experience in IT industry and expertise as Linux Administrator, build engineer and Release Management, Automating Software Configuration Management (SCM), Deploying Applications through Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) and Managing Cloud Services.
- Experienced in Amazon Web Services(AWS) cloud platform and services like Lambda, DynamoDB, EBS, ELB, AMI, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFront, CloudWatch, OpsWorkSNS, Glacier, Auto - Scaling, IAM, Route53, EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, VPN, Security-Groups, , and through AWS management console.
- Experience in Designing and distribution of Data across all the nodes and Clusters on different availability zones in AWS Redshift and Scaling Amazon RDS, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra DB, PostgreSQL, Instances Vertically and Horizontally for High Availability.
- Building a Web application to track moving vehicle from received images by drone in real time using AWSEC2Ubuntu instance and S3 Bucket to store and access images remotely using PythonFlask Framework with boto3 API .
- Experience with AWS instances spanning across Development, Test and Pre-production and Cloud Automation through Open Source DevOps tools like Chef, Jenkins & Docker.
- Responsible for OpenStack project core infrastructure including code review, continuous integration systems, and developer tools and OpenStack Multi-node Installation, Configuration and Administration.
- Expert in various Azure services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles), Caching, Azure SQL, NoSQL, Storage, and Network services, Azure Active Directory (AD), API Management, Scheduling, AzureAutoScaling, and PowerShell Automation.
- Experienced in configuring Cloud platform such as Virtual Networks Multi-site, Cross-site, VMs, Azure AD, Load Balancers, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, etc.
- Experienced in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on Azure VM’s to manage the containers created by PCF. Used Docker for deployment containers and push the code to Azure Cloud.
- Extensive experience in writing Ansible playbooks and Modules to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes and experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbook.
- Experience using Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard, and role-based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Experienced in working on puppet and chef, Databags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook documents, Testing docs, chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading Chef Recipes, Chef Node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Experience in Developing Chef Cookbooks, recipes, roles and data bags to automate the services related to deployment. Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Ansible playbooks and Modules.
- Expertise in deployment of a DockerizedRabbitMQ in OpenShift so that we might use the auto-scaling capabilities of OpenShift with a RabbitMQ cluster.
- Expertise in using Docker and setting up ELK with Docker and Docker-Compose. Actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Experience in Jenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Expertise in Terraform for building, changing, versioning infrastructure and collaborate the automation of AWS Infrastructure via Terraform and Jenkins.
- Experience in writing Jenkins Pipeline Groovy Scripts for Continuous Integration and build workflows and Used Jenkins uploading Artifacts into Nexus Repository and Automated various day-to-day administration task by developing Bash, Ruby, JSON, Perl, PowerShell and Python Scripts.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems, such as SubVersion (SVN), Perforce, TFS, GIT and Knowledge of Clear Case.
- Experience in installation and management of network related services like TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, DNS, TELENT, HTTP, HTTPS, LOAD BALANCING, VPN, FIREWALL, SUBNETS, SMTP, CDN.
- Experience working with Adobe AEM for web content management to manage social media and web content for a project.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring, Managing the Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, ELK and NewRelicfor Resource Monitoring/Network/Monitoring.
- Hands on experience in creating analytical matrices reports, dash boards for release services based on JIRA tickets .
- Experience in internet information service and hands on experience with WebSphere, JBoss and WebLogic deployments.
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty Remotely coping files using SFTP, FTP, SCP, WinScp, and FileZilla.
Cloud platforms: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Openstack, PCF.
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Mesos.
Virtualization Platforms: Oracle VM Virtual Box, Vagrant, Hyper-V and VMware
Application/Web Servers: Amazon AWS, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, VMware
ScriptingLanguages: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash/Shell Scripting, PowerShell, YAML, PHP, JSON.
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle.
ConfigurationManagement tool: Ansible, chef, puppet.
Build & Integration tool: Ant, Maven, Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris, Ubuntu
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloudwatch, ELK, Dynatrace
Databases: MS Access, MS SQL Server, Oracle 8/10.0, Mango DB, DynamoDB
Networking: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, Ethernet, NFS, LDAP.
Issue Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, Clear Quest, I-Track
Sr. Devops AWS Cloud Engineer
- Worked on core AWS services such as setting up EC2 instances in AWS, configuring security groups, and setting up Elastic IP's and Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Created branching and tagging strategies to maintain the source code in the Bitbucket repository and coordinate with developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, naming conventions using GIT source control for Nodejs applications.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment(CI/CD).
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes and used Kubernetes for orchestration.
- Used Ansible and AnsibleTower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys java/j2ee based applications, and proactively manage changes. worked with Scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, Lambda, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Migrated the application which is hosted on EC2 to a serverless framework using AWS lambda & API gateway.
- Worked on AWS Elastic load balancing (ELB) for deploying applications in high availability and AWS Auto Scaling for providing high availability of applications and EC2 instances based on the load of applications.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using AWS S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Written Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Wrote a Lambda function that make sure no object in s3 is public. If public, it will automatically make it private.
- Written several docker files to create tomcat along with required version of jdk container images.
- Written recipes and cookbooks for tomcat, apache, httpd, MySQL etc in Chef.
- Built various containers using Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the microservice oriented environments for scalable applications.
- Installed, configured and maintained DNS, FTP, TCP/IP and Samba on Red Hat Linux
- Implemented Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven and Ansible in Linux/ Unix environment.
- Installed and Configured SonarQube with Jenkins for continuous measurement and analysis of quality of source code.
- Knowledge in Terraform as infrastructure providers, build images using Packer.
- Developed Groovy scripting for automaton purpose and built artifacts (war and ear) from Sonatype Nexus Artifactory are deployed into a Apache Tomcat app server using Shell Scripts.
- Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment(CI/CD) tools like Jenkins/Maven/ANT/Nexus for deployment and build management system for Node.js applications.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment(CI/CD) tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as Git, Maven, ANT, Sonatype Nexus, Bitbucket and Ansible.
- Involved in Python Script to automate Cron jobs and system maintenance.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server.
- Deployed java/j2EE and Nodejs applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Used MySQL, MongoDB to perform basic database administration.
- Used App Dynamics for Continuously analyze monitoring logs, measuring performance Bottlenecks.
- Migrated the current Linux environment to AWS/RHEL(RedHat) Linux environment and used auto scaling feature. Involved in Remediation and patching of Unix/Linux Servers.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management and used Confluence for documentation.
- Experience in maintaining the branching , Staging , build and release strategies using SCM tools like Subversion , GIT and Bitbucket .
- Developed Git workflows and built CI/CD pipelines using GitHub , Jenkins , and Maven to automate deployments.
- Mentored developers in Kubernetes d esign and custom application implementation and created a mesh pod network between Kubernetes clusters.
- Generated reports using JIRA for creating projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the project and created mail handlers and notifications schemes for JIRA.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS.
- Expertise in working with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as a code , execution plans, resource graphs, change automation and created infrastructure in a coded manner using Terraform.
Environment: Java/J2ee, AWS, Ansible, Jenkins, Confluence, Maven, Microservices, ANT, Docker, Bitbucket, Groovy, GIT, Splunk, App Dynamics, Unix, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Apache Tomcat Server, Ansible Tower, Jira, Bash, Kubernetes, Python, Linux, Shell Scripts, App Dynamics, Nodejs, MongoDB, Agile, Chef, Bash, Powershell Scripting.
Confidential, Lake Success, NY
AZURE Cloud Engineer
- Migrating the existing v1 (Classic) Azure infrastructure into v2 ( ARM ), scripting and templating the whole end to end process as much as possible so that it is customizable for each area being migrated.
- Configured Azure VPN-Point to Site , Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, Endpoint security and firewall, Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets , Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks , DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Worked on PCF Application migration and resolve issues.
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNets with Azure Internal Load Balancer .
- Used AzureOMS & Power BI for visualizing the activities. Worked on Azure App Insights, Alerts and Log Analytics for Monitoring as part of OMS.
- Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation during Terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Deployed web applications into different application servers using Jenkins and implemented Automated Application Deployment using Ansible.
- Written Chef Cookbooks, recipes to automate installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apachetomcat, JDK, and configuration tasks for new environments etc.
- Worked on Chef where in wrote code on workstations using Knife to interact with server and setting up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in ChefSCM.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and Dev-environments needs and configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization. Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker .
- Configured and setup Kubernetes Cluster environment with master and Nodes. Managed local deployments in Kubernetes using minikube, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server.
- Responsible to setup Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling and post-hook scripts in source control systems like GIT .
- Artifacts generated by Jenkins & configured jobs with the Maven for various deployments of Managed JAVA/J2EE enterprise applications in agile environment, automated solutions using Python &managed artifacts in NEXUS repository.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml and convertedbuild.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using MAVEN .
- Worked on TFS/Azure Devops for continuous integration (CI) and for end to end automation for all builds and deployments and also worked on Build tools like Maven for the building of deployable artifacts into artifactories like Jfrog and Nexus from source code.
- Automated and orchestrated workloads using Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible and ARM Templates over Microsoft Azure.
- Managed GIT repositories for branching, merging, and tagging. Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and integrated to automate the code checkout process.
- Monitoring SPLUNK authentication and permission for supporting large scale SPLUNK deployments. Used JIRA for bug tracking, issue tracking and project management.
- Using Python , Perl and Shell scripts for automation and monitoring, the administrative tasks and management using CronJobs.
- PowerShell scripting for Automation - Creating VM's, Virtual Networking, VPN, Key Vault, Load balancer and Disk Encryption.
- Worked in creating, cloning Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware and migrating servers between ESX hosts using VMotion and installed Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
Environment: VMware, Azure, Elasticsearch, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Terraform, Python, Ruby, Shell, TFS, JIRA, Splunk, Oracle, WebLogic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat, Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, Apache HTTP server, Nginx, JSON, Nexus, Java, .Net, LDAP, JDK1.7, GitHub.
Confidential, Atlanta GA
AWS Automation Engineer
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services. Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2; auto-scaling; and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts, and can quickly evolve during development iterations.
- Design AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates and used Terraform in AWS Virtual Private Cloud to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer.
- Worked on functions in Lambda that aggregates the data from incoming events, and then stored result data in Amazon DynamoDB. Wrote Terraform templates for AWS Infrastructure as a code to build staging, production environments & set up build & automations for Jenkins.
- Encrypted EBS volumes via KMS (key management service) to monitor create alarms & notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch . Involved in configuring S3 versioning & life cycle policies to backup & archive files in Glacier and using Amazon S3 for database backup regularly and save snapshots of data.
- Configured relational & non-relational databases like Cassandra, MongoDB. Implemented service layer on top of Cassandra using Restful API.
- Responsible for OpenStack project core infrastructure including code review, continuous integration systems, and developer tools and OpenStack Multi-node Installation, Configuration and Administration.
- Integrated OpenStack Grizzly with OpenSwitch to create software defined Networking tenant and service provider’s network and routers.
- Written several Chef Cookbooks & recipes to automate the installation of Web Logic domain & JDK installations & have customized recipes from Chef Supermarket to align with current requirements.
- Written multiple cookbooks in Chef to automate the environment provisioning, Middleware Infrastructure Installations. Implemented environments, roles, data-bags inChef for better environment management.
- Worked on Ansible to configure the servers, deploy software, and orchestrate continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates.
- Creating Ansible roles using YAML such as tasks, variables, files, handlers, templates and writing playbook for that role. Managed a PaaS for deployments using Docker, Ansible and Mesos, which reduced considerably deployment risks.
- Planned the architecture for migrating applications from bare metal and AWS to OpenShift. I have done few Upgrades and scaled OpenShift environment.
- Created Dockercontainers leveraging existing LinuxContainers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch
- Integrated Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments. (Integration, QA, and Production).
- UsedChef to deployed and configured Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Used Jenkins API to query the Jenkins server state and change configuration and automate tasks on nodes and jobs and used Maven as build tool on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Managed central repositories & implemented with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews & login audits for Security Compliance.
- Used JIRA tracking tools for tracking defects and changes for Change management.
- Created and maintain build automation shell, manage building fixes, merges, release cuts as needed, written scripts for environment changes in Bash, Perl and Python for Web-sphere mapping modules to the enterprise application.
- Installed and configured AEM 6.0 instance and developed Templates, Components, Dialogs, Widgets which are the building blocks for a page.
- Implemented the monitoring tools like Nagios 3.0 to monitor services like CPU, Hard Drive, Memory, Users, HTTP and SSH etc.
- Worked with Network Protocols like TCP, SMTP, DNS, HTTP, and SNMP. Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IPtables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP.
Environment: Amazon Web Services(AWS), OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven/ANT, GIT, AEM, Splunk, Nagios, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK), Java, .Net, JIRA, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, MongoDB, Linux/RHEL, Vagrant, Active Directory, LDAP, VMware Servers, Windows, PowerShell, Ruby, YAML, Shell, Bash, Python.
Confidential, Erie, PA
- Worked in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB),autoscaling groups.
- Leveraged AWS services such as code pipeline to create CI/CD pipeline and cloud watch and cloud trail to create Monitoring dashboards and network traffic logs.
- Design roles and groups using AWS identity and access management (IAM), and manage network using Security Groups, Network Access Control Lists with services provided by IAM.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Written multiple cookbooks in Chef to automate the environment provisioning, Middleware Infrastructure Installations. Implemented environments, roles, data bags in Cheffor better environment management.
- Developed many roles and playbooks in Ansible and automated to build and deploy infrastructure using Ansible.
- Extensively worked on Ansible to configure the servers, deploy software, and orchestrate continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates
- Worked on the creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images and Dockers consoles for managing the application of life cycle.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for Continuous integration(CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant to schedule the builds.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Worked on source control tools like GIT. Primarily used Ruby to write GIT applications as well as created and maintainedGIT repositories also analyzing and resolving conflicts related to merging of source code to GIT.
- Responsible for authoring and editing Python scripts for automation purpose which enabled the QA testers to perform testing with a more reliable and faster performance.
- Administrated user and groups accounts setting permissions, web servers, file servers, firewalls and directory services.
- Worked on handling tasks in Linux/Unix which include upgrading RPMS using YUM, kernel, HBA driver, configure SAN disks, Multipathing and LVM file system.
Environment: Amazon Web Services(AWS), Cloud Formation, Bamboo, Chef, Jenkins, Nginx, Nagios, Docker, Maven/ANT, PowerShell Scripting, Puppet Hiera, Puppet DB, Linux, VMW are Servers, Udeploy, Shell scripting, Bash, GIT/ SVN, Splunk, ELK, Apache Mesos, Linux/RHEL, Windows, Python, LVM, RPM’s.
Linux System Administrator
- Creation of Linux Virtual Machines on VMware Virtual Center.
- Experience in installing, upgrading and configuring Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6x
- Experience in creating and managing users' and groups' accounts, passwords, permissions, disk space allocations and process monitoring in CentOS and Red Hat Linux
- Configuration of remote access systems through SSH, and managed system security via TCP Wrappers.
- Installation and management of packages via RPM and YUM package management system.
- Installation, configuration and support of Apache (HTTP) on Linux production servers.
- Creation of new disk partitions and File Systems: Swap, ext4, LVM (Physical Volumes, Volume Groups, and Logical Volumes).
- Management of system logs (rsyslog server), system automated tasks (cron jobs).
- Implementation of file transfer systems using FTP, NFS, and SSH (SCP).
- Configuration and Implementation IPtables rules on new servers.
- Experience in network monitoring and performance management tools.
- Administration of HTTP, DNS, DHCP, NFS Servers
- Performance of other systems administration duties as project work and operational necessities require.