- Over 15 years of IT Professional experience in various areas of Information Technology including Global Enterprise Network Communications, Large Scale Network Architecture, Enterprise Security Policy Standards, Enterprise VoIP, including 7+ years of management (up to 7 direct / 20 indirect reports) and budgetary experience.
- Well versed in Business Continuity, Migration Strategy and Disaster Recovery planning; directly impacting business success answering to C - Level for such Fortune 500 companies
- Industries: Retail/Ecommerce, Finance, Election Services and Medical. A technology leader, with a passion to mentor and enhance team members careers by growing them into technically savvy IT Professionals
- Responsible for 130 locations throughout the United States and Europe
- Team retention at 95% during my tenure as Manager/Director
- Successfully relocated two datacenter operations to multiple Cloud Provider Networks, savings $1M annually
- Reduced technology expenditures by $1M annually through consolidation and virtualization
- Ensured monthly systems availability/KPIs was above 99%
- Ensured PCI Compliance & NIST security standards. Passed Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Audits & adhered to ITIL and ITSM processes and implementation
TECHNICAL SKILLS INVENTORY:
Cloud Computing: Azure, GCP & AWS Cloud Providers. Terraform define and provisioning. SaaS, IaaS, PaaS. Public/Private/Hybrid Clouds.
SDN, SD-WAN, Virtualization: Cisco DNA Center/ACI/Meraki. Cisco V-Manage. VXLAN, microsegmentation, VMware NSX Data Center
Cisco Technologies: Cisco ISR & ASR Routers, Cisco ASA Firewall, FWSM, Cisco Catalyst Switches-2900 to 6509 Series, Cat 9K, Cisco IDS/IPS, CSM, Nexus 5K, 7K, 9K, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Cisco ACS/ISE/MSE
Load Balancing: F5 - Big IP LTM, F5 - Big IP DNS, Big IQ, IRULEs, NetScaler SDX/VPX
Routing & Network Protocols: RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, HTTP, SSL, SSH, TCP/IP, FTP, SFTP, PPTP, IPSEC
Wireless Technologies: Cisco WLC 9800 Series, APs 2800s/9100s, 802.11a, 802.11b/g/n, and/or 802.11ac, 802.11ax (wifi 6), Aruba Clear Pass/Air Wave, WPA2 + 802.1x
Network Security/Firewalls: Palo Alto Firewalls/Panorama, Cisco ASA, Check Point, Cisco IDS/IPS, 802.1x Port Security, NAT/PAT, Algosec, Firemon, Qualys, MFA/2FA
Network Monitoring: HP OpenView, Site Scope, Tivoli, Cacti, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Riverbed Cascade Profiler/Shark, Nagios, SPLUNK
VPN Tunneling/Encryption: Point to Point GRE/IPSec VPN, 3DES, AES 256, Cisco ANYConnect VPN Client, VPN ASA
WAN Acceleration: Riverbed Steelhead, Silverpeak
Microsoft & Server Technologies: Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, Microsoft IIS, Windows 7,8,10, Microsoft Visio, Office 365
IP Telephony: Avaya, Cisco Call Manager, Skype for business, Ring Central, InContact, MPLS/QoS, SBC, SIP
Sr. Network Manager
- Responsible for overall Network Security, PCI compliance initiatives and Network Stability across the Enterprise
- Support and maintenance of the various Corporate Networks, Hosting Locations (Cloud and On Prem) that Support the 1800Flowers Web Site, over 100 Retail Locations, Outside Vendor Connectivity, Subsidiary Network Support and Connectivity and External Data Warehouse Support and Connectivity.
- Additionally, define enterprise technology strategies/solutions that reduce costs, improve efficiencies, support organizational goals and maximize the technology investment. Also responsible for the management and monitoring of the company VoIP over MPLS Network.
- Spec out solutions to fit the company vision and budget. Work with multiple vendors including but not limited to Cisco, F5, Palo Alto, Gigamon, Juniper, Aruba, Riverbed, Algosec and Firemon Security Audit Tools, Akamai, Level 3, Verizon Business, ATT, IBM, Microsoft
- Responsible for ongoing efforts around the migration towards Azure, GCP & AWS Cloud Providers & SD-WAN connectivity
- Tasks/projects to 20 Network & Telecom Engineers/Consultants (7 direct reports)
- OPEX and CAPEX of a $20+ Million Dollar Budget
- Monitor & Build EOL device processes & procedures to stay in 5-year budgetary alignment
- Team that Installs, Configures, Implements, Troubleshoots and Monitors all Network & Telecom Devices (entire network)
- Team that Configures and Manages Load Balancing Solutions for Production Web/App Services
- Team that Implements and maintains all access permissions throughout the 1800Flowers Production and Network via ACLs, LAN/WAN Security and Dynamic Routing (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF)
- Provide vision and leadership to a team with varying degrees of experience and responsibilities.
- Train and grow engineering team’s technical and soft skills. Complete annual reviews and manage team performance.
- Design Networks, Evaluate Bandwidth Requirements
- Ensure proper Network Monitoring & Capacity Management are in place and align to set KPI goals
- Ensure proper backups and DR planning is documented, communicated and tested
Senior Network Engineer
- Served as part of a Network Infrastructure Group that implements, maintains and monitors all Network Equipment, which include all Layer 2 & 3 Components (Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches), Load Balancing Equipment (CSS, GSS), Firewalls (Cisco PIX, Nokia/Check Point), and Wireless Technologies (Cisco Aironet).
- I was responsible for the reliability and security of the Confidential ICS Production and Non-Production Networks within the Confidential ICS offices which serve over 5000 employees and high-profile customers in multiple locations.
- Designed, Installed, Configured, Implemented, Troubleshot and Monitored all Network Devices
- Configured and Managed Local/Global Load Balancing Solutions for client Production Web/App Services
- Implemented and maintained all access permissions throughout the Confidential ICS Production and Non-Production Network via ACLs, Firewall Rule Sets, VLAN Security and Static Routing
- Utilized various sets of tools to help quickly diagnose and resolve all Network related issues
- Built Network Diagrams, Outlined Configuration Documentation and Project Turnover
Senior Network Engineer
- Responsible for the integrity and security of all company & client data within company administrative office and client hosting site serving 200 employees and over 1 million registered online users in multiple locations.
- I was also the primary caretaker of Production Environment, Maintain and support Intrusion Detection System in production, Firewalls and Routing, Switches and VLANs, Configure and maintain Port Security and Access-Lists in all locations, Web Security, Database Security, VPN Implementation and security, Active Directory Security and maintenance, Group Policy, Network Monitoring, URL Monitoring configuration and alerting.
- Managed all Routing and Switching for all local and Global offices (France/UK/Australia/Scotland)
- Performed internal and external penetration testing and report findings to upper management
- Developed mitigation plans for dealing with the findings of the penetration testing
- Assisted in the installation and management of multiple co-location facilities with 35+ servers.
- Managed Multi-domain Active Directory, Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 environment
- Supported local Exchange 5.5, 2000 Mail servers and IP Telephony System
Network Systems Consultant/Data Network Engineer
- Hired as a consultant to build and support complex customer Networks and manage device integration projects to support Siemen’s applications.
- Assignments were both short and long term in diverse client environments that entailed every aspect of Network administration and security.
- Part of and often led Network implementation teams to take on complicated Network integration projects.
- Provided Network Administration & support in multiple Novell and Microsoft environments
- Deployment & configuration of servers, switches and routers
- Developed Network migration project plans