Network Engineer will participate in projects involving the planning, design, installation, technical support and network audit of data information technology solutions. Integrates IMACs (Implements Moves, Adds & Changes) Via Change Control. Highly motivated Engineer with the skill sets to achieve maximum availability and minimize down time. Works remotely with minimum or no supervision daily completing task associated with current projects and troubleshooting issues that have manifested themselves. Always looking to further my /knowledge base to maintain the skills needed to implement upgrades, enhancements of new technologies and improve network reliability.
- Check and confirm Voice and Data VLANs Interface are configured correctly on legacy Cisco LAN locations.
- ZHONE Gigabit Passive Optical Network: Daily administration for IMACs. Daily Implementation of Moves, Adds and Changes for the Passive.
- Optical Network, Gigabit to the Desktop. Ground up project to get this new system into production at the New Headquarters Durant, OKC.
- Act as escalation point for troubleshooting network incidents for Headquarters Gigabit Passive Optical Network.
- Monitor availability and performance of all network equipment to ensure compliance with vendors.
- Created GPON procedures for Network Operations to perform daily task for IMACs on GPON.
- Implement network changes in accordance with change management process to configure & move 162 SVI from 6500 to Nexus 7K Core Switches.
- Install, provision & configure Voice and Data VLANs, Network Switches, Routers, Wireless APs add to Controller & Cisco Prime, position on the
- Map. I used InfoBlox to assign Fixed IPs
- Provide technical level support for network hardware and software across all campus include facility VOIP, LAN, WAN, and WLAN.
- Act as escalation point for troubleshooting network incidents
- Monitor availability and performance of all network equipment to ensure compliance with SLAs.
- Develop recommendations for campus performance improvement and workflow efficiencies
- Implement network changes in accordance with change management process
- Serve as a network engineering resource for assigned Projects, Data Center & Administrative Offices.
- Coordinate with onsite IT staff members for planning, communicating, and implementing network related activities
- Responsible for patching and upgrading software of network infrastructure equipment to ensure system stability and security
- Integrate business and clinical systems with the network following standards and vendor best practices
- Responsible for updating network documentation when changes are made for requests, initiatives, and projects
- Participate in on - call rotation as escalation point for network related incidents.
Network & Voice Engineer
- Responsible for implementing Cisco - Wireless & Cisco-VOIP as a lead in over 1,800 Confidential Kinko s stores through-out North America.
- Restore the Cisco Call Manager in the branch routers to Factory Default; rebuild the call manager implementing turn over to production standards.
- Configure the Router Pot s Main & Hunt Group numbers with the associated physical voice ports on the interface cards.
- Apply the License and build the WEB Portal, Call Manager Primary and Secondary IP s, Auto Attendant, Call Handling, Call Prompts, CTI Ports, System Business Hours of Operation.
- Upgrade Router/Switch IOS & Backup Call Manager.
- Responsible for working with Technician’s on site to complete the physical installation of Wireless AP & Security Appliances implementing turn over to production standards.
- Then, access and configure Switch Ports, Wireless APSecurity Appliances. Worked remotely accessing Router, Switches, Wireless AP’s, Security Appliances & VOIP Call Managers daily.
Confidential, Plano, Texas
- Executes and implements authorized changes based on preapprovals by our Customers and CSR, (Customer Service Representatives).
- Run post change verification procedure to test and verify changes have the desired results.
- Execute back out plan if the results vary from what was initially planned for the change or enhancement. Process RFC, (Request for Change) Tickets, provide GNOC SET Authorization and create Billing Interface Tickets associated with every change.
- Schedule RFC’s on the daily task sheet for the requested date, or next available date based on staffing.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
NOC Network Systems Analyst
- Maintained the Enterprise Network LAN/WAN resources, DS0, T1, DS3, OC3.
- Frame Relay, ISDN, PPP, ATM and SONET. Performed Analyst for problem isolation and determination across multiple platforms: Mainframe, UNIX and Windows.