- Skilled and talented information technology professional with a focus on Microsoft Technologies including Active Directory and Group Policy. I am eager to share my knowledge and abilities with a high caliber and tech - savvy organization.
- Goal oriented and able to work well under pressure.
- Tenacious, knowledgeable, logical, resourceful problem-solver with “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively, personally and professionally, with clients and fellow workers.
- Exceptional aptitude to learn new skills quickly and retain knowledge.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Sole administrator of a rollout of approximately 25 new machines overnight, in order to minimize downtime.
- Working knowledge of VMware 4.x, and 5.x
- Skilled in the operation and configuration of Microsoft Operating Systems including Windows 7, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
- Intimate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites .
- In-depth knowledge of HP and IBM X Series Blade Server configurations.
- Skilled in the configuration of SonicWall, Managed Switches, PoE, and Wireless Networks.
- Knowledge of various imaging and recovery software packages.
- Working knowledge of Mac OS X.
- Planning, Implementation and Administration of WSUS Server and Update Policies.
- Planning, Implementation and Administration of Group Policy for Servers hosted in Local Data Center.
- Planning, Implementation and Administration of a Central Managed Anti-Virus and Policies.
- Planning and Implementation of a restructured Test Windows Domain in Server 2012.
- Planning and Implementation of a restructured Production Active Directory, which included delegated permission at the OU and Sub OU levels for various departments.
- Working closely with Applications Department and DBA’s to monitor performance of MSSQL Clusters.
- Implementation of NPS Servers to Replace Aging IAS Servers for use with EduRoam.
- Assist in supporting and reorganization of the VMware Environment.
- Creation and Maintaining of Windows Templates to help speed up the deployment of Virtual Machines.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Perform domain migration of approximately 800 servers using ADMT and PowerShell scripts to two different domains.
- Meet downtime deadlines of 2 hour windows for server migrations.
- Capacity planning for Virtual machine creation.
- Build new virtual machines using company issued template for multiple different divisions.
- Server inventory using VMCP and Spiceworks to get an accurate inventory count of servers that needed migration.
- Assist in the decommission processes of servers that were no longer needed.
Confidential, Bellwood, IL
- Install and configure VMware ESXi hosts and Windows Server 2003/2008 Operating Systems.
- Perform network upgrades, including the expansion of DHCP range, and DNS maintenance.
- Maintain Active Directory structure in Windows 2003 Domain Environment.
- Implementation of Group Policy within the Organization.
- Security configurations for Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
- Administer ShoreTel IP/Analog phone system.
- Responsible for maintenance, repair, and set-up of all workstations, printers, and network hardware.
- Participate in 24 hour “on-call” system support scene and weekend support.
- Point person for all company software issues and updates.
- Primary contact for all vendors of proprietary software and wireless devices.
Confidential, Lansing, IL
- Responsible for building maintenance and up-keep of 300 hotel rooms.
- Performed renovations to rooms by installing new furniture and fixtures.