Highly - focused, innovative Solutions Architect with extensive experience in diverse, fast-paced IT environments. Over 12+ years of experience designing, deploying, and managing projects specializing in Virtualization, Datacenter Solutions, Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Cloud Services, and Healthcare IT. Solid technical background combined with Operations and Management experience, exceptional team leadership, and team building skills. Proven ability to manage multiple large-scale projects, tasks and priorities effectively and in a timely manner.
- Datacenter Solutions Hyperconverged Infrastructure SD - WAN Hosted/Cloud Solutions
- Amazon Web Services Microsoft Azure Google Cloud Chef Puppet Docker Kubernetes
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Citrix XenApp Citrix XenDesktop Citrix NetScaler Citrix Cloud
- VMware ESXi VMware vSphere VMWare View/Horizon Cisco Switching & Routing SAN Storage
- Windows Server Microsoft SQL Server Microsoft Exchange / Office 365 Windows Linux/UNIX Healthcare IT
- Provided architectural scope and design, implementation, and management of customer datacenter solutions including Datacenter, Cloud, and Hyperconverged Infrastructure Migrations, Application and Desktop Virtualization, Disaster Recovery, etc.
- Provided guidance to Project and Account Management teams, in addition to assisting clients with Project Planning and Implementation as a Virtual CIO.
- Responsible for identifying and providing the technologies needed to meet the defined business requirements to keep systems running and available to clients.
- Identified, documented, and provided training of the engineering group and back-end vendor management used by customers.
Confidential, York, PA
- Responsible for the operation, installation, and maintenance of corporate LAN, SD-WAN, disaster recovery, system connectivity, and datacenter infrastructure.
- Assessed, improved, and provided ongoing management of the existing Citrix XenApp 6.5 environment.
- Optimized environment and addressed outstanding issues during transition to the new Citrix deployment.
- Designed, deployed, and migrated users from XenApp 6.5 environment to a resilient multi-site XenApp 7.15 LTSR solution utilizing NetScaler, StoreFront, FlexApp, and ProfileUnity.
- Implemented and managed Riverbed SteelHead SD-WAN solution across bank and datacenter locations to provide optimized connectivity, ISP failover, and high availability across datacenters.
- Key responsibilities include design and deployment of Citrix environments, including the latest versions of XenDesktop, XenApp, NetScaler, StoreFront, XenMobile, and underlying storage and network infrastructure for Citrix Consulting Services clients.
- Managed teams of up to 10 Engineers and Architects in design and implementation for multiple clients.
- Worked directly with key stakeholders to develop architecture and design based around the client’s needs, including cloud, enterprise, and hyperconverged infrastructure, as well as application and third-party solution compatibility.
- Developed large-scale virtualized application and desktop environments, ranging from 500 users to over 60,000 with multiple locations around the globe utilizing XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, NetScaler SD-WAN, XenServer, VMWare vSphere, ShareFile, XenMobile, and the underlying infrastructure.
- Managed multiple Citrix infrastructure projects and worked as Lead Architect, taking ownership of all technical phases. Provided technical assistance to clients on complex Citrix product issues as needed.
- Designed and implemented architecture for upgrades across multiple global Citrix XenApp environments.
- Responsible for the ongoing design review and analysis of all middleware deployments, working with Middleware, Infrastructure, and Networking teams to address pain points in the current architecture.
- Led efforts in working with Confidential middleware and business teams on application testing and remediation for upgrades across the Citrix environment.
- Collaborated with infrastructure teams to implement best practices for XenApp, XenDesktop, Provisioning Services, VMware ESX, and NetScaler deployments based on current standards.
- Partnered with Application Business owners and executive management to lead upgrade and migration efforts for legacy environments to new production XenApp 7.8 environment utilizing Provisioning Services, StoreFront, and NetScaler.
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Senior Product Architect
- Developed and deployed architecture for latest versions of Citrix products such as XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, CloudPlatform, XenServer, XenMobile, and the underlying infrastructure.
- Worked with infrastructure and development teams to design and implement Citrix Workspace Services (Citrix Cloud) infrastructure on Amazon Web Services.
- Maintained ownership of the Citrix product architecture and led multiple Citrix infrastructure projects as Lead Architect. Provided technical assistance to Operations teams on complex Citrix product issues as needed.
- Developed bleeding-edge testing environments, deploying the latest beta and release candidate builds of all Citrix products.
- Led planning and execution of the team’s testing efforts of Citrix products, documenting problem information, reproduction steps, and environment description.
- Authored documentation of complex environments, test results, and suggested configurations and implementations for handoff to the Operations teams.
Confidential, Blue Bell, PA
Senior End-User Computing Architect
- Acted as key technical resource for the Infrastructure delivery team including implementation, troubleshooting persistent problems, defining and implementing improvements, and cross-training of delivery staff.
- Assisted in pre-sales architecture and design discussions such as sales meetings, lunch and learn sessions around desktop virtualization solutions, solution health checks, and vendor technology seminars.
- Provided infrastructure and virtualization solution assessments, health checks, and pre-sales architecture assessments for existing and potential clients utilizing assessment documents and third-party solutions.
- Designed, documented, and implemented complex desktop and application virtualization solutions using technologies such as Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, VMWare ESXi, VMWare Horizon/View, Windows Server, and the underlying infrastructure (Blade Servers, Network, HCI, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, SAN storage, etc.).
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and management of a multi-tenant hosted desktop, application, messaging, hosted server and desktop application delivery platform in a 24x7 operation.
- Managed multiple large-scale Datacenter and Cloud Migration projects including configuration and deployment of Nutanix, Cisco UCS, VMWare SRM, AWS, Azure, Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, and Citrix NetScaler solutions.
- Worked with executive management to develop Infrastructure and Service Delivery team, managing a team of four Infrastructure Engineers and overseeing Level II and Level III helpdesk staff.
- Designed, developed, implemented, and managed a large highly-available, scalable, multi-tenant Hosted Desktop and Application delivery solution utilizing VMWare vSphere, Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, Citrix App Studio, and Citrix CloudPortal Services Manager.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
IT Operations Manager
- Developed and managed team of Network Engineers, Network Administrators, and Helpdesk Administrators, reporting directly to Chief Technology Officer and Vice President.
- Developed and managed Hosted Cloud Services in all aspects from architecture to implementation and management. Project Management of mid-size to enterprise hosted infrastructure projects.
- Designed, implemented, and managed IaaS and SaaS solutions utilizing HPE Blade Systems, HP Moonshot, Citrix XenServer, XenApp, XenDesktop, Windows Server, Remote Desktop Services, Citrix CloudStack, Citrix NetScaler, and Hosted Exchange.
- Designed, implemented, and managed highly available Healthcare Practice Management and Electronic Health Records solutions for large medical practices and hospital systems.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Managed 12-14 Network Engineers, System Administrators, and Programmers per shift. Collaborated to facilitate successful completion of all project requirements.
- Held an essential role in planning, design, development, testing, and implementation of over 24 critical research and development projects based around Oracle’s database solutions.
- Reviewed and identified project tasks based on statement of work. Identified key project stakeholders and developed project schedules. Performed risk assessment, monitored project timelines, and provided status updates and communicated to mitigate scope creep.