- UNIX/Linux/Windows System Administrator with over 4 years of experience in a multiplatform Unix and Linux environment with hands - on experience in the administration and management of Windows server 2008, Solaris 10/11 operating systems and Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Centos 6/7.
- Adaptable, collaborative, strong team player, detail oriented, ability to multitasking Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work within strict deadlines and with a wide spectrum of people; Project Leader experience
- Solid background in systems and software installation, User and Group administration, system hardening, Active Directory, web server administration, networking, role base access control, file transfer and sharing; package management Apache, Kick-start, volume and storage management (LVM & ZFS), patch management, Bash Shell Scripting amongst others.
UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator
- Builds, installs, configure brand new virtual and physical servers, test, deploy Solaris 10/11, RHEL/CentOS 6/7 and windows 7,8,10 virtual servers on Oracle Virtualbox and VMware Esxi6 using VMware Player or vSphere hosted hypervisor
- Create new user accounts and profiles on Windows NOS, UNIX and LINUX systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve OS, application, malware desktop related issues on various Windows NOS.
- Experienced with Standard and Advanced servers installation and configuration (JUMPSTART and KICKSTART
- Use “dcpromo” tool to configure DNS, Active Directory as well as to promote standard Windows 2008 servers to domain controllers.
- Setup, configure and troubleshoot TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS; NFS, CIFS and Samba Servers in multiplatform LAN
- Configured Active Directory on Windows 2008 server and Remote Desktop Access on windows 2007, 2008, 2010.
- Responsible for assigning hostnames, default gateway, static and DNS address to servers in order to Introduce UNIX/Linux servers to the LAN.
- Configured A-records, create and managed users and groups on Active Directory, Solaris and RHEL/CentOS servers
- Setup, configured and troubleshoot TCP/IP related issues.
- Increased end-user productivity by immediately troubleshooting and fixing system issues emanating from hardware and software.
- Experience in building and configuring VMware host and guest system on Oracle Virtual Box as well as bridging the guest VMware systems to communicate with other systems in the LAN
- Configured file and print sharing then mapped shares to drive letters.
- Troubleshoot and fix system issues using built-in windows troubleshoot application.
- Installed antivirus applications, uninstalled obsolete applications, and deleted system junk files to improve performance on the system
- Configure Windows NOS clients to join the domain as well as configure file and print sharing on some Windows NOS to enable resource sharing.
- Fix virtual box issues and enable virtualization
- Perform multiplatform volume management using SVM, LVM, ZFS, install and configure a LAN with NAS (Free NAS) used for creating LUNs and attaching to windows 2008 servers and to Solaris 10 servers using iSCSi
- Task Management - Using Scheduling tools like ‘at’ and Crontab in /unix and linux
- Understand cloud concepts and be able to create an AWS free tier account (EC2 instances with Windows 2019 and RHEL8
- Expand root file system server using “live upgrade”
- Expand users home directory (/export/home) on Solaris using SVM
- System Hardening, Patching (Solaris 10 Servers using 10-Recommended patches
- Writes basic bash shell scripts to automate processes
- Configure Apache on Solaris 10/11 and Centos 6/7 for virtual and web hosting; building and hosting websites; configure web hosting company DNS settings: install and configure Samba for quick publishing using a third party web page maker.
- User and security management
- Build, configure, secure and deploy Solaris 10 system (global)
- Build, Install, configure, secure, deploy and migrated Solaris 10 local zones (spare root or whole root zone)
- Troubleshoot Solaris 10 issues emanating from hardware and software related and configuration issues
- Back up using TAR, CPIO and RSYNC
Office Manager / Network Administrator
- Troubleshoot network related issues
- Solve customer queries and responding to their demands.
- Server Build procedures, System hardening and Create User accounts - Windows/Linux
- Control computer operations and internet based communication
- Manage all office related issues
- Responsible for behavioral management of the centered person
- Run their support plan programs when necessary
- Documentation accordingly
- Prepare, Prevent, Intervene, Engage and Document centered person’s behavioral progress.
- Maintained daily log of all client activities and turned that log into a supervisor at the end of the week
- Regularly checked in on clients on my time off to make sure that all was well
- Submitted expense reports and materials requisitions at the end of each week
Platforms/OS: Oracle Solaris (x86) 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4/7, Centos 6.4/7 Windows Server 2007/2008/2010
Software: VMware vSphere Virtualization (ESXi 6,VirtualBox Hypervisor), Microsoft Office, WinSCP, PUTTY, Team Viewer/Microsoft Teams
Networking Protocols/tools: Jumpstart, kick-start, Solaris Virtualization (Zones)
Application/configuration: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, ICMP (PING), Ethernet, NAT, SCP, SFTP, FTP, SSH, CIFS, ARP
Access Security Protocols: SElinux
Volume/Storage Technology: SVM, LVM, ZFS
Languages: Bash Shell Scripting