- Proven technical and lead expertise in a Career spanning Over 20 Years
- Technically sophisticated and business - savvy computer and network support professional with a pioneering career reflecting strong qualification coupled with hands-on IS, helpdesk and network expertise.
- Superior recording support of large 100 thousand seat multi-state and small-scale network system infrastructures, proven ability to successfully analyze an organization's technical support requirements, identify deficiencies and potential opportunities, and develop innovative solutions for increasing reliability and improving productivity.
- Extensive understanding of computer hardware and software, installation, configuration, directory-services, system-management and security, troubleshooting, and support in an enterprise network environment.
- Engineering of solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Takes a lead role with minimal supervision in remediation of all system failures, logging all failures, documenting work procedures and system configuration.
- OS level application support, network and server monitoring and performance tuning.
- Installation and configuration of Windows, Linux, UNIX and network OS / IOS, services and applications.
- Administration of Windows OS, IIS, Virtualization, Terminal Services, Active Directory, SQL Server Network and Applications.
- Support and troubleshooting from the OS, application and network level; resolves system hardware, software and networking issues; configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning and monitoring operating system software and servers; performing system backups and recovery and conducting server builds.
- Tier 2/3 support for technical support desk; resolves escalated service requests from end-users.
Lead Windows Administrator
- Responsible for leadership and effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of computing systems including hardware and software and related infrastructure within Government location, lead in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensure that system hardware, network device, VoIP and operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, contractors, and government staff to operate
- Lead C4I Team to Maintain smooth operation of multi-user, classified and unclassified Windows networks and computer systems, including coordination with government officials
- Maintain consistent availability for responsible systems Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012 R2 and Server 2016
- PowerShell scripting skills with in Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, PowerCLI
- Management and upkeep of GPO, DNS, DHCP
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources in accordance to government policies and procedures
- Performed monthly maintenance per IAVAs and update server with SCCM / WSUS Ensure IA compliance. Including ACAS / SCAP reporting to government officials, Government system Hardening DISA STIGS
- Security Compliance/Vulnerability Scanning of multiple environments, unclassified to JWICS
- Develop processes to respond to network problems and issues.
- Disaster Recovery processes, procedures and policies
- Remedy queue monitoring for tracking completion of daily assigned tasks
- Conduct secure equipment (secure telephone and encryption devices) and classified keying material inventories, inspections and COMSEC / EMSEC including material handling
- Wireless Support with Unified endpoint management (UEM)
Windows Systems Administrator
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user, classified and unclassified Windows networks and computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products and virtualization of operating systems.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinate installation and provide backup recovery.
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
- Perform security monitoring and assessment of intrusion threats.
- Responsible for maintenance of accreditation documentation using RMF.
- Perform administration/configuration of Juniper Intrusion Detection System and Juniper Firewall.
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
- Document the results of Certification and Accreditation activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the system Security Plans.
- Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audit logs and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed.
Lead System Administrator
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Responsible for leadership and effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of computing systems including hardware and software and related infrastructure within Business Development, lead in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensure that system hardware, network device, VoIP and operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, contractors, and partners.
- Assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management and proposal development methodology.
- These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
- Currently accountable for the following systems: Windows, Network, VoIP and SharePoint systems that support business development infrastructure; Windows and Application systems that support Asset Management; Responsibilities on these systems include engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation and trouble free operation.
- Functions as a lead doing work similar to those in the work unit; responsibility include training, instruction, setting the work pace, and possibly evaluating performance
- Develop and maintains systems for Business Development, applications, Customs apps and COTS security and network configurations in compliance with all corporate directions to remain audit compliance.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. Resolve problems within established practices.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Apply Server based OS patches and network device upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
Senior System Analyst / Systems Engineer
Confidential, Greenville, SC
- Responsible for system administering and engineering of Windows server environment, Installs, configures, and troubleshoots distributed systems; MS SQL, MS Server, IIS, SMTP, Security, SharePoint and Virtualization, VMware. Support
- Network infrastructure comprised of Ethernet switching technologies.
- Provide maintenance and support for an active directory and group policies.
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced staff members.
- Consult with internal customers to analyze business requirements and define technical solutions; specify detailed plans to create and track project activities; advise customers to the proper use of computing systems and applications. Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include:
- Concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal of computing devices, ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Sets up, configure and support internal and external computer systems including Microsoft, VMware and Linux platforms
- Develop and maintain systems, applications, Customs apps and COTS security and network configurations in compliance with all corporate directions to remain audit compliance.
- Develop, maintain and test a disaster recovery plan and capability of systems
- Coordinate assigned projects and ensure company resources are utilized appropriately, including detailed project plans, requirements documents and automated testing tools, such as HP Quality Center.
- Develop and practice procedures for ensuring the compliance security and integrity of the organization through disaster recovery methods.
- Develop and maintain VMware multi server environment ensuring systems are operational and complaint
Confidential, Round Rock, TX
- Responsible for creating technical requirements, coding, business processes and all corresponding documentation for Managed Deployment services on a per project basis and managing technical aspects of large-scale 100 thousand desktop/laptop deployments across multiple customer sites.
- Focus on streamlining and automating the desktop deployment process in order to minimize client impact and maximize operational efficiency.
- Perform client site assessments to understand both the technical and physical environment.
- Gather client customization requirements and translate into technical specs for managed services tools
- Gather migration requirements and customize migration utility to meet specific client needs.
- Identify areas that are open to automation and develop customize scripts and software tools to increase technician efficiency and reduce deployment errors.
- Pilot all process and tools customizations based on the timeline set forth by the Project Mangers.
- Ensure that all information needed to perform field services are gathered through various phases, helpdesk
- Call center flow, asset management and HR systems, including customer site and user surveys.
- Serve as software development, documentation and technical aspects subject matter expert, (SME).
- Assist Infrastructure Practice Director in basic managerial duties, as delegated.
- Takes responsibility for significant projects within the group which may require taking a basic supervisory role of other internal and/or external team resources.
Network Data Communications Analyst
Confidential, Greenville, SC
- Support, update and maintain existing network, servers and client stations for the Business Development department, with many remote worldwide users.
- Scope of position is expansive which include corporate direction, workgroup design, support, and administration.
- Network support
- PC Desktop Systems
- Application support
- Standard and production Printer support
- Disaster Protection
- Database Administration
- 24 /7 system support
- Help Desk support
- Video conference support
- Responsible to lead strategic direction of IT infrastructure within Business Development, responsible for translating customer requirements and business directions into infrastructure strategy Conduct project/account design reviews.
- Responsible for selecting component pieces of technology solution and ensuring these component elements integrate with all other aspects of technology solutions, responsible for the selection of hardware and systems software after the infrastructure solution is designed.
- Lead transition from outdated servers to faster more streamlined versions running the latest sever - based operating systems.
- This business solution has dramatically improved efficiency, decreased expenses and optimized data integrity.
- Researched current systems technology to determine how new technology would benefit development of fast pace proposal environments,
- Coordinates with clients and management to formulate technical solutions, and Inform clients of appropriate technical solutions.