Obtain a position requiring the use of proven technical skills, and to be part of or lead a hardworking team providing support to users
VMWare Certified Professional on vSphere/ESXi 5 (VCP5)
VCP Number: 105099
Lead Virtualization Architect/Systems Administrator
- Experience in implementing VMware View environments with Floating and Dedicated desktops.
- Have designed and setup externally and internally connected VMware View servers using VMware View Security Server.
- Designed and setup multi-tier VMWare View environments based on user login.
- Lead on all current and new virtualization projects.
- Design, implement, and maintain all aspects of virtualization with customers and internal systems.
- Handle day to day troubleshooting and maintenance for over 100 customers in 2 datacenter locations.
- Responsible for MS Exchange 2010 and MS Active Directory setup and administration for corporate environment.
- Setup and maintain MSSQL 2008 R2 failover clusters.
- Experience in installation and maintenance of Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Expert knowledge in the use and troubleshooting of Windows Server 2008 R2
- Work hands on with setting up and maintain Ubuntu, CentOS, and Windows based systems.
- Design and maintain all internal and external network connections within corporate networks and connections to customer networks.
- Maintain and configure Cisco, Dell, and Foundry network equipment at a layer 2 basis.
- Setup up and apply VLAN's for all customers receiving network connections.
- Design, Implement, and Manage public facing Cloud service using VMWare vCloud Director with vShield Edge networking.
- Design, Implement, and Manage Enterprise level Cloud service using VMWare vCloud Director and external firewalls such as Cisco ASA's and Sonicwall.
- Developed procedure to allow Cloud networks and VM's to interact with physical systems not in the Cloud infrastructure.
- Responsible for power management and incoming network connections in 2 datacenter locations.
- Racking and stacking corporate and customer equipment in standard 42U datacenter cabinets.
- 24/7 On call service rotation.
September 2009-April 2011
System Administrator/MIS Helpdesk Technician/SharePoint Administrator/SharePoint Developer
- SharePoint Installation and Administration along with basic setup and development.
- Responsible for migration from Lotus Notes databases to SharePoint libraries.
- Network design and installation for new buildings on campus, including evaluating blueprints for number of drops, IDF and MDF placements.
- Implemented and Administer VMWare vSphere 4 cluster. Including 4 physical HP DL360 G6. Using an EMC AX4 SAN backend and vCenter Server v4.
- Responsible for setting up new VM's either from scratch or template.
- Converting Physical Machines to Virtual Machines
- In charge of updating and maintaining 13 servers spread over 5 physical machines
- Part of 2 member helpdesk team that is responsible for over 300 users spread over 4 buildings
- Servers maintained include 7 Windows Server 2003 machines, 3 Windows Server 2008 machines, 2 Windows NT servers, and 1 VMWare ESXi 3.5 machine.
- Responsible for Active Directory, Windows Update Server, Windows Print Server, Symantec Enterprise Server, File Server, Primary Domain Controller, Secondary Domain Controller, and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Developed currently used inventory system used to upgrade from Lotus Notes
- Developed a standard image and implemented a Windows Deployment Services server to speed up the imaging of user's computers. This also decreased in the amount of errors caused by setting up a computer from scratch.
September 2008-December 2008
Network Technician/IT Technician
- responsible for every day PC and network troubleshooting
- front of a communication project to connect current site to Chicago via circuit
- Imaged new WYSE slim PC's for use on Factory Floor.
- Maintained network infrastructure including Cisco WAPS and Cisco layer 2 switches.
- Maintained plant to plant microwave connection from sister plant 10 miles away.
May 2008-September 2008
- project leader that designed, developed and implemented a new system for ride sharing between students and faculty. Viewing is available by Georgia Southern students, faculty, and alumni through the MyGSU site
January 2007-August 2007
Datacomm Co-Op/Network Engineer
- Maintained Cisco Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches including Cisco 3750's, along with Cisco 6500 series blade switches.
- Project lead for Paul S. Amos Expansion. Was incharge of the network design and implementation of user network at call center expansion building. Designed network, recived quotes for equipment and ran project status meetings for duration of the project.
- Installed all equipment in new building along with all configurations for all network equipment.
- Installed Cisco Wireless servers and upgraded over 100 wireless access points to LWAP's.
- Usage of Ciscoworks network management tool to monitor and upgrade network equipment.
- Setup fail-over offsite disaster recovery center in Suwanee, Ga. Including physical installation and configuration onsite. Along with the installation of 40 ESX servers for virtualized infrastructure.
February 2004-May 2006
SWWAT Senior Tech/Supervisor
- Performed on-site trouble shooting and application deployment including Cisco Clean Access Agent, Symantec 10 CE, Grisoft AVG, Norton NIS 2003-2005 and Symantec Ghost
- Was in charge of 6 student team which supported entire on-campus student population.
- Handled scheduling of tech appointments and interaction with students and faculty.
- Ran weekly staff meetings.
- Handled escalated tickets that were not able to be completed by student techs.
- B.A. Information Technology with networking specialization
- Skill set based around network design, implementation and maintenance
- Networking and Desktop repair emphasis
- Four semesters of Cisco Certified Network Associates Curriculum
- Some key courses include, Network Administration, IT Infrastructure, IT Security Fundamental, Project management, Systems Implementation and Design, Software Acquisition and Implementation.
Interests music, motorcycle road trips, building home networks, computer repair
References upon request