- Over ten years of experience in Microsoft products, information systems, and HW/SW/OS support including Windows NT domain/architecture design and project management
- Experienced engineer with several industry s from Microsoft, Comptia, Citrix, and CIW including MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure .
- Expert knowledge with application repackaging for multiple operating systems and deployment methods.
- Extensive experience managing and customizing OS installations, Software installations, and patching through repackaging and image creation for multiple management platforms. (SCCM, Landesk, IBM TPMOSD)
- Quick learner and able to apply knowledge to produce results in an efficient and effective manner in a Sarbanes Oxley compliant environment
- Confident and self - motivated
Hardware: PowerEdge Blade Servers 1855 & 1955, All Compaq Proliant and HP Servers, HP MSA1000 Storage, ADIC Scalar i500, Dell Enterprise servers, Toshiba, Gateway, Dell Latitude, Lenovo, Cisco CSS, Switches and Routers, Brocade Fiber Switches, Qlogic QLA2340, QLE2460 and QLE2462
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10, Windows 2000 Professional, Server, and Advanced Server, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, and Windows 2012 Server
Software: SCCM 2012\R2\Current Branch, Wise Package Studio, Solarwinds Patch Manager, WSUS, Landesk, Tivoli Provisoning Manager, Marimba, Marimba Application Packager, VM ThinApp, XenApp, Citrix UPM, Wiki, Cacti, VMware ESX and VMware Server, Microsoft Active Directory, NTDSUTIL, HP SIM 5.0, Microsoft 2003 Clustering, Terminal Server, Wireshark, Insight Manager, Veritas BackupExec 8.0, 9.0, 10.0 11.0d and 12.5, Arc Serve, Microsoft SMS 2.0, Ghost, Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange 2000, 2003 and 2007, MS Project, Visio, Office 95, 9, WinInstall, Norton AntiVirus, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Cisco AnyConnect, Blackberry, Symantec NetBackup 6.5, RoboCopy, WAIK, ADK, MDT, McAfee, Windows Powershell, SanSurfer and Powerpath
Sr. SCCM Engineer
- Migrated environment’s Operating System Deployment services from TPMOSD into SCCM 2012
- SCCM and Tivoli Provisioning Manager application packaging for OSD.
- Built, managed, and maintained all production images in the environment. (XP, Win7 x86, Win7 x64, Win8.1, Win10 TAP, and virtually optimized provisioning revisions for VM Templates and Citrix Provisioning Services)
- Reverse engineered legacy scripting used for system provisioning and integrated functions into SCCM OSD Task Sequences.
- Hardware testing and troubleshooting to resolve issues and conflicts between UEFI, Bois, drivers, and encryption.
- Determine and remediate issues within the workstation environment caused by patches, software deployments, or infrastructure changes.
- Communicated and trained techs on procedural changes caused by replacing Tivoli support systems with SCCM 2012.
- Assisted with several security remediation projects to meet regulatory compliance.
- Integrated LoB profile deployments into Operating System Deployment\Provisioning.
- SCCM driver support maintenance for existing and new hardware models in the environment.
- SCCM Boot Image creation, customization, and management.
- Initiate, coordinate, and drive environment infrastructure upgrades required to support new operating systems in the environment. (SCCM 2012 R2\Current Branch, WSUS, SolarWinds Patch Manager, SEP, DLP, Cisco AnyConnect)
- Offline image injection of MS security patches.
- Leveraged SolarWinds Patch Manager to create custom patches for third party products for deployment to the environment through SCCM\WSUS in the environment and during the OS build. (All Adobe products, Mozilla Firefox ESR, all Apple products, Chrome for Business, and Java extended support.)
- Optimized patch bundle creation and deployments leveraging ADRs, maintenance windows, and testing groups to ensure high patch\security compliance within strict SLAs safely.
- Re-architected SCCM Task Sequence Deployments to remote sites to utilize Adaptiva.
- Automated legacy custom scripts used during system provisioning processes.
- Created, enhanced, and configured utilities used for used for Windows 7 Migration.
- Architected and scripted new password expiration prompt to route users to the environment’s Identity Management solution.
- Remediating security vulnerabilities associated with middleware applications on developer workstations.
- Assist with Cisco AnyConnect issues and configuration.
- Analyze patching failures to determine fault and resolution.
- Software deployments.
Senior Workstation Analyst\Engineer
- Packaging applications into Marimba console\transmitter for deployment through custom software deployment portal and Active Directory.
- Manage software deployments and application updates for 20,000 windows workstations.
- Create streamed and published apps from Xen App Server.
- Coordination with developer and clients to resolve issues with many existing products while maintaining corporate and security standards.
- Extensive experience gathering information from clients to improve user experience and functionality of new products, and communicating back to developer any major outstanding issues that cannot be resolved from within my scope of work.
- Virtual apps using VM Ware Thin App.
- Legacy application remediation for Windows 7 64 bit platform for 1000+ apps. Resolving issues with custom in house applications, java applications, and vendor installations that had issues installing\operating correctly on Windows 7.
- Helped migrate imaging technology to WIM through MDT.
- Architected profile migration scripts to pre-populate of folder redirection and Citrix UPM V2 Profiles for Windows 7 migration from XP.
- HTML scripting and troubleshooting as needed.
- Testing and configuration of Shared Hosted Desktops for thin clients through GPO, published apps, streamed app, and Xen Desktop.
- Customized vendor installations for our environment using Wise Package Studio, VB script, and Batch scripts to install on both XP x86 and Windows 7 x64 platforms from the same package.
- Building MSI Installers from scratch for select applications.
- Special projects\scripting for automated tasks related to workstation management and deployment.
- Reverse engineering existing scripting, applications, and processes to resolve issues and optimize operations. (VB, HTML, WISE, Batch, lite C#, light Java)
- Documenting existing and newly created processes.
- Identifying and resolving architectural issues in workstation environment before users are impacted.
- In depth troubleshooting for workstations including crash capture and analysis, event logs analysis, and other system logs. Assisted with Procmon.exe and Procdump.exe
Confidential, Augusta, GA
Tier III System Engineer
- Domain Administrator for troubleshooting all Active Directory and GPO’s issues.
- Participate in Project and Technology Management Counsels
- On call as part of the Security Incident Response Team
- Created global updateable cross Intel platform XP image by architecting solution utilizing multiple technologies such as WAIK, MDT, LANdesk, Imagex.exe, Wise Package Studio, VB HTAs, and Dpinst.exe.
- NetBackup 6.5 administrator for four media servers setup for load balance to perform daily backups with fault tolerance standards for 220 servers.
- Utilized Network Operations Manager for custom reports and monitoring all events for NetBackup 6.5.
- Configured and managed ADIC Scalar i500 to host two virtual libraries to implement secure backup environment for DMZ
- Responsible for disaster recovery of over 6 TB’s of data for SAP, Active Directory, Exchange, Hyperion, Symantec Enterprise Vault, MS SQL databases, and multiple financial systems. Done by ensuring backups and test restores to verify data.
- Auditing and reconfiguration of Netbackup policies to insure proper retention, eliminate scheduling conflicts, and eliminate overhead from data being backuped up redundantly.
- Responsible for any fiber cannel issues in relation to Boot from SAN, PowerPath, Qlogic drivers and firmware, Brocade Fiber Switches, ADIC Scalar i500, and EMC SAN.
- Monitored and troubleshoot all Server SQL 2005 Clustering related issues.
- Responsible for 2.5.4 and 3.5.0 VMware infrastructure and backups using vRanger.
- Develop virtual machine templates for guest operating systems on ESX hosts.
- Converting physical servers into virtual servers (P2V) using VMware Converter and Platespin PowerConvert.
- Proficient in LANDesk 8 for deployment, inventory, remote control, reporting and patching.
- Architected file replication solution for LANDesk using RoboCopy and VB Scripting.
- Maintain and monitor all SAP and Windows servers events using HP Sitescope and HP SIM.
- Building, racking, wiring and Satellite kick starting /provisioning/patching HP Proliant G3, G4, G5 and Dell Blade server environments.
- Administrator for Exchange 2003 & Enterprise Blackberry Server.
- Perform daily tasks with Exchange 2003 with exmerge, creation of public folders, delegate control for recipient’s mailboxes, troubleshooting all mail routing issues.
- Worked closely with Message Labs on mail routing, blacklists and tracing user’s emails.
- Responsible for building and creating software updates and all custom applications using Wise Package Studio. Pre configuring packages to install with custom settings for the specific network environment by configuring MST files and slipstreaming MSPs into admin installs. Packages were then wrapped into a single updated executable or MSI to create fully patched and preconfigured software installer.
- Develop project plan and implemented IE7 upgrade through group policies and WSUS. Worked closely with all applications owners on testing Internet Explorer 7 and monitored rollout to all business units.
- Assisted with migrating Enterprise Symantec 10.x to McAfee 8.5.
- Responsible for setting up and defining McAfee eP04 policies for all business units.
- Troubleshoot all Microsoft Windows Enterprise 2003 clustering related issues.
- RightFax administrator for setting up new users and troubleshooting users related issues.
- Maintain and updated documentation utilizing Wiki.
- Approved all security updates for over 3600 desktops through WSUS 3.0.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Junior Network Administrator
- Responsible for procurement and design of all Information Systems.
- Design, Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Active Directory.
- Group Policy management of Active directory for software installation and removal, security and firewall settings, and scripts.
- Exchange 2000 maintenance and administration of user accounts, message stores, and transport protocols.
- Installed and administrated Sharepoint Services.
- Installation and configuration of Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro, and Vista.
- Manage and configure Nortel Phone System with Business Element Manager and Callpilot Manager.
- Installed and configured Nortel’s client side applications such as Callpilot and IP Soft Phone.
- Technical support and troubleshooting (Hardware and Software) for remote and in house clients.
- Installed and troubleshot both hardware and software VPNs.
- Configured wired and wireless 802.1x (Radius) authentication to IAS for networking security.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of all editions of Microsoft Office 2000, XP, 2003, and 2007.
- Network hardware port configuration for both VLans and 802.1x authentication.
- Creation and maintenance of WebDav site.
- Created software requirement and configuration policies specific for each version of Windows and MAC operating systems to be able to access the WebDav site.
- Planning, testing, and deployment of new software release migrations including Symantec Endpoint Protection, Microsoft Office, Blackberry Enterprise Sever, and Blackberry Desktop Manager.
- Creation and deployment RIS images.
- Installation and deployment of network accessed applications. (Trams Back Office and FedEx Shipmanager)
- Blackberry BES management along with installation of Blackberry Desktop Manager and Blackberry Mini OS.
- ARCserve Backup Manger as third party back up program.
- Controlled and released updates with WSUS after being applied to a test group.
- Planning and deployment of operating system migrations including 2000 Pro to XP Pro and XP Pro to Vista Business.
- Responsible for troubleshooting any IIS problems