Business Analyst with a substantial technical system analyst and development background. Extensive financial services industry experience, including brokerage and banking.
Confidential, February 2011 to December 2011
Application Systems Analyst
- Worked as application systems analyst in the plastics issuance team.
- Analyzed and performed quarterly software releases.
- Worked with tech leads to establish and implement business specifications, create new functionalities, and add enhancements to existing applications.
- Identified and documented issues, risks, gaps, and impact, and provided recommendations and alternative solutions.
- Perform unit and system testing.
- Worked with production support to analyze, research, and resolve production problems.
Confidential, October 2005 to February 2011
Business Analyst/Technical System Analyst
- Worked with the front office BETALink, trading, and order entry team. Provided product knowledge, technical analysis, designed, developed, tested and maintained the mission critical Front-Office application. This included the trading application and the Broker/Financial Consultant informational system.
- Provided product knowledge, business analysis, and technical support for the conversion RBC's instance of in-house BETA systems to outsource vendor, Broadridge Financial Solutions.
- Provided business partner support, quality assurance support, and technical support for 6 subsequent releases to integrate new functionalities and enhancements.
- Functioned as Technical Lead and subject matter expert for the Organization Hierarchy conversion team. Provided both business analysts expertise and technical product development
- Proficient in all project management knowledge areas and with solid understanding of Software Development Life-Cycle
- Perform all phases of testing
- Met with business users and gathered and documented business requirements.
- Created use cases to capture business scenarios and sequences.
- Understood the AS-IS and TO-BE business and developed the business requirement document.
- Identified and documented issues, risks, gaps, and impact, and provided recommendations and alternative solutions
- Performed gap analysis
- Collaborated with design and development teams to create effective design strategies, monitored the development of the system and ensured all requirements were met.
- Created test plan for UAT and participated in UAT.
- Provided training to business users on new online functions and reports.
- Worked with PM to ensure smooth development cycle.
- Functioned as SME for the organization hierarchy system.
Technical System Analyst
- Analyzed and completed data mapping for all databases for the organization hierarchy system.
- Worked with architect and DBA teams to design new DB2 tables.
- Produced data modeling and access patterns for DB2 tables.
- Produced the system architect design.
- Analyzed and produced technical designs and program specifications for the team.
- Analyzed reviewed and approved all developed code and control JCL.
Confidential, May 1998 to October 2001
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Worked as a key member of the customer profiles re-engineering and Y2K projects.
- Created business requirements for the 'TO-BE' system.
- Mapped the processes to application to determine gaps
- Performed business requirements and technical specifications for the Y2K project.
- Worked with QA team to create test plan and test cases for UAT
Confidential, May 1997 to May 1998
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Worked as senior programmer analyst on Visa and MasterCard regulation projects.
- Understood regulation rules and created technical specifications and business requirements.
- Analyzed, modified, implemented, and supported Visa and MasterCard merchant systems to process quarterly regulation changes.
- Assisted with QA testing.
Confidential, September 1995 to May 1997
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Worked as the key developer on Prudential Automate Reconciling System (PARS).
- Coordinated JAD sessions to understand user requirements and also their system's implementation.
- Identified and documented issues, risks, gaps, and impacts, and then provided recommendations and alternative solutions.
- Designed, developed, implemented, and supported PARS.
- Developed and implemented disaster recovery plan.
- Assisted with QA testing and UAT.
Confidential, March 1994 to September 1995
Business Analyst Lead
- Led the purchase order conversion team to expand order number from 5 numeric characters to 6 alphanumeric.
- Conducted JAD sessions with project stakeholders, subject matter experts, users, and project management team for requirement gathering, and identifying and resolving issues.
- Performed gap analysis and created technical specifications for the conversion.
Confidential, September 1986 to March 1994
Project Lead/Senior Programmer Analyst
- Worked as project leader on Y2K conversion.
- Functioned as a SME for numerous BETA back office systems.
- Gathered user and business requirements and established problem specifications and system designs. ·
- Set up definitions and process for test phases including integration test, system test, and user acceptance test.
- Established position of subject matter expert with a very strong knowledge of finance/brokerage business.·
- Analyzed, developed, and implemented numerous new BETA applications as well as enhancements to BETA systems.
- Analyzed, developed, and implemented disaster recovery plans.
- Supervised, mentored, and consulted with contract programmers, junior programmers, and business partners.
Statistic major with minor in Computer Science
Use cases, wireframe creation, swim lane documentation (light), Waterfall and Agile development discipline, systems requirements, and business requirement definitions (BRDs).