- 6+ years of experience in IT Industry as a System Administrator specialized in the areas of VMware Virtualization, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Citrix Xendesktop, Windows Server (, 2012, 2016), desktop Environment (XP, Win7, Win10) and Active Directory Administration.
- Experienced in managing more than 1000 servers, conducting a daily datacenter walkthrough, hardware trouble shooting, cabling, configuring and racking/unracking for Dell, HP Blade and Cisco servers.
- Extensive experience in VMware Virtualization administration with a primary focus on installation, configuration, and administration of VMware VSphere Suite, ESX/ESXi, VMware VSphere Suite and Windows Servers 2008/12/16 R2, Linux, XP and Win 7 Operating systems administration.
- Hands on experience in updating / upgrading ESXi servers, Virtual Center servers and windows virtual machines using VMware Update manager and manual upgrades for Patching.
- Worked as Windows server admin with day to day routine of Installing, configuring and troubleshooting on the Windows server 2008 & 2008R2, 2012 over 6 years.
- 4+ years of experience with VMware Horizon View, VMware ThinApp5.0 and 3+ Years of Experience in Citrix Xendesktop and Citrix Provisioning services.
- Participated in complete system builds, upgrades, migrations, code deployments and patch management.
- 1 Year of Experience in Hyper - Converged Architecture by Nutanix, experience with distributed storage fabric and other technologies like deduplication, compressions and erasure coding.
- Good experience in Blade server hardware, RAID, Microsoft Windows Clusters, Compaq / HP Blade Server hardware maintenance, HP Insight Manager.
- Extensive experience with VMware Horizon View (VDI) 4.5, 4.6, 5.0, 6.2.3 and 7.02 versions.
- Expertise in Windows IIS installation, configuration and administration.
- Experience in configuration and support of VMware Horizon Suite, Workspace, Mirage, View and vROPS.
- Assisted with data center cable and rack management.
- Implemented several best performance settings and group policies on VDI infrastructure for better performance of VDI environment and better user experience.
- Worked as Tech support for Virtual Desktop infrastructure implementation, providing 24/7 VDI production L3/L2 support.
- Well experienced in Creating Templates, VDI Pool creations, VDI Provisioning, VM priorities, Roles and permissions, Resource pools, VM Cloning and Knowledge of Snapshots.
- Strong knowledge of P2V and V2V conversions by using VMware Converter and XenConverter.
- Excellent experience with configuring and implementing VMware backup products and disaster recovery solutions using Site Recovery Manager (SRM) for Maintaining Business Continuity.
- Installed, configured and managed Veeam Backup and Replication, EMC NetWorker software’s.
- Experience in updating ESX servers, vCenter servers using VMware vCenter Update Manager (VUM) and also manually.
- Provided 24/7 On Call production support onsite and remotely on rotation basis.
- Strong Experience in Configuring vSwitches, dvSwitch, portgroups, NIC Teaming, Traffic shaping, Load Balancing, VLAN tagging, Failover and Security Policies on the vNetwork and Network I/O Control.
- Strong Knowledge of Storage concepts related to NAS, EMC SAN, EMC Symmetrix, EMC UNITY, VMAX Xtreme I/O and Pure storage type of storages from Virtual platform end and Netapp Storage.
- Experience with installing, configuring, managing, troubleshooting and administrating SQL 2005 and 2008 server databases in Server environments.
- Installing and Managing Active directory and FSMO Roles Transfer in Active Directory forest. Troubleshooting replication issues in active directory.
- Extensive experience with Active Directory, GPO's, DHCP, DNS, IP, Subnets, VPNs, vLAN, Network routing, firewalls, LAN/WAN switching and Backup & Recovery, File & Print Server, IIS (Web Server), FTP, Terminal Server
- Hands on Experience in management of Active Directory infrastructure in Windows based servers … and managing Active Directory (Users, groups, FSMO roles, and replication), LDAP configuration of DNS, DHCP, IIS 6.0 Windows … Failover Clustering and WSUS.
Up-to-date with changes in technology and the business implications / applications of new technologies aspire to crave my career as a VMWARE/Cloud Engineer with proficiency in using technology to enhance data and information management.
- Installation / Configuration / Maintenance
- Windows Server 2003,2008,2012,2016, Linux & VMWARE Systems Administration
- Private and Public Cloud Administration
- Network Analysis / Monitoring Capability
- Technical / User Support and Maintenance
- Process Enhancement and Quality Standards
- Hardware, Software, LAN/WAN Trouble Shooting
- Interpersonal and Analytical Skills
- Relationship Management
- Team Building and Supervision
- Scoping and Documentation
Software: VMWARE ESXi 3.x/4.x/5.x/6.0/6.5 View 7.0 Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016 Administration, RHEL 6.x/7.x Administration Cisco UCS, Dell, IBM, HP servers, Cisco Nexus 5K/7K Network switches, Cisco MDS and Brocade FC Switches, EMC, HP, NetApp storage arrays, Citrix XenApp, HPE MSL4048 Tape library Microsoft Exchange 2007/2013, SCCM 2007/2012, SQL Server, Oracle DB, DB2, File Servers, IBM WebSphere, Weblogic, Hadoop, Open Stack, SAP, JBOSS, Tomcat, PeopleSoft, Informatica DW, WSUS vCenter Server, vSphere Operations Management, vCenter SRM, vRealize Operations, vRealize Automation, vCloud Director, Cisco UCS Manager, Veeam, EMC NetWorker, SIEM, HP Proliant Server Management, Dell Open Manage Server Administrator, Symantec, Netbackup, MS SCOM, Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Analyze requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Install, and configure a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure.
- Establish and maintain service levels, perform basic troubleshooting, monitor vSphere implementation and vCenter server.
- Enable and disable Storage DRS (SDRS) using the vSphere Web Client.
- Participated in Enterprise testing for integration of proposed new technologies to be included in the enterprise design and develop test-related documentation.
- Involved in operational support of Active Directory, WINS, DNS, and AD enabled applications.
- Participated in Open stack discussions for next generation of virtualization with cross functional teams between engineering, networking.
- Investigate user problems, determine possible solutions, and oversee software, installation and upgrades.
- Advised on ESXi host configuration changes, driver and firmware updates to resolve VM and ESX host storage latency issues.
- Troubleshoot and support issues related to VMware ESXi host, VMware virtual center, HA, DRS, VMware update manager.
- Performed periodic system maintenance with vMotion and Storage vMotion for vSphere ESXi 5.5 and ESXi 6.5 datacenter environments.
- Involved in live migration of Virtual Machines and Virtual machines files using the vMotion and Storage vMotion.
- Involved in Customizing VM's Memory, hard disk, NIC and Analyzing log files, Resources utilizing monitoring.
- Performed backup and restore operations of VMware host server’s configuration, Virtual machines backup, snapshots, P2V-V2V conversion using VMware stand-alone convertor, applying Patch updates, monitoring/reporting, SSH, SNMP and alerts notification.
- Executed software and hardware upgrades as needed or scheduled, including emergency roll-outs.
- Responsible for maintaining DNS, DHCP, Windows File Servers, NFS, FTP services.
- Assisted in Datacenter migration from one location to other.
- Configured, maintenance, and troubleshooted Backup, Replication, and Backup copy jobs using Veeam and EMC NetWorker software’s.
- Creating backup jobs and backup critical applications on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Performed data restoration from backup.
- Installed, configured and managed HPE StoreEver MSL4048 Tape library.
- Oversaw the Tape rotation workflow with Iron Mountain for all offsite tape storage.
- Developed an offsite tape rotation procedure to ensure latest backups are stored offsite along with the catalog.
- Configured and managed Blueprints for Windows systems on Dev, QA and Prod environments.
- Configured Tenants, Blueprints, Security Groups, End Points and Resource Pools in vRA Infrastructure.
- Providing 24/7 on call support for critical and production issues.
- Performed Fiber channel network zoning on Cisco MDS class switches.
- Performed Installation and troubleshooting of Symantec Endpoint Protection manager.
- Involved in installing Patches and Security updates for all AD Domain Controllers and Application Servers, managed via WSUS.
Environment: ESXi 6.5/5.5, Windows 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016 R2, Dell EMC Unity, Celerra, VMAX, VNX, Data Domain, vBlock, UCS, EMC Power Path, Virtualization (VMware), vRealize Automation, HPE Rack Servers, Site scope VM Monitor, VMWARE SRM, Microsoft SQL Server, Nexpose - Rapid7, Tripwire Log Center, Cisco MDS 9000 Series, VEEAM, EMC NetWorker, Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Managed vWorkspace Virtual Desktop infrastructure with more than 60 Dedicated and floating pooled Virtual Desktops including storage technologies in support of VDI such as NAS and iSCSI.
- Design, Implementation and Troubleshooting of VMware ESX 6.5/6.0/5.5 Hosts, VMware vSphere vCenter 6.5, VMware Horizon View 6.2.3 on Dell Chassis M1000.
- Responsible for successfully upgrading all ESXi 5.5 to ESXi 6.5 hosts and vCenter servers 5.5 to vCenter Server 6.5 by coordinating procurement, installation, and configuration of any new hardware or software required to support the upgraded environment configuration.
- Managed VMware ESXi hosts using vSphere client and Web client. Performed VMotion and storage vMotions by creating Clusters for High Availability and Dynamic Resource Scheduling.
- Creating host profiles and deploy to hosts in VMware clusters.
- Handled the VMware solutions to support multiple storage connectivity options such as FC-SAN, iSCSI, NFS (NAS)
- Designed and implemented SCCM Current Branch 1706.
- Generating SCCM custom SQL reports.
- Handle daily operational tasks relating to VDI such as VDI pool and persistent desktops maintenance, EXSi host builds and updates, vCenter builds and upgrades, vCenter database maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Successfully Installed and configured View Connection Servers (Standard & Replica 7.02) using Horizon View 7.02 and paired them successfully to the View Security servers in DMZ.
- Configured Vcenter and Deployed Windows 2012R2 Servers for each and every component.
- Successfully installed and configured View Composer server for making use of Linked Clone feature.
- Created SCCM collection using business criteria package and advertisements.
- Worked on Nutanix Servers Racking, cabling and imaging with hypervisor and 2 8-node cluster creations with flat layer-2 switches connected to the cables.
- Created documentation for migration from HP blade servers to Nutanix NX-3060-G4, ESX hypervisor to Acropolis (AHV) hypervisor, Dell vWorkspace to Citrix Xendesktop 7.9.
- Deployed and supported enterprise level Virtual Desktop Infrastructure solution for more than 3,000 users with PowerShell or VBScript scripting to automate routines tasks.
- Supporting Citrix Infrastructure servers viz… Storefront for user interface, Delivery Controllers, Citrix Director, SQL database servers, SQL DB witness server in both sites with active failover.
- Built and deployed 4 Storefront servers at two sites and integrated with Netscalar for external access.
- Provided 3rd level infrastructure support, and assisted in the maintenance and troubleshooting of SCCM , and client workstations; possess good understanding of the SCCM infrastructure including boundaries, site server roles, and parent/child relationships to troubleshoot SCCM related issues.
- Configuring different type of Port Groups Policies like Security policies, Traffic Shaping, Load balancing, Failover detection, Hard/Soft zoning and VLAN Tagging.
- As part of migrating from traditional application delivery to application virtualization to users we deployed Citrix AppV to virtualize applications and deliver to users with isolation from OS.
- Part of the project for deploying and supporting Citrix XenDesktop7.9 and Citrix Provisioning services 7.9 Farms.
- Install, Configure and Administration of Citrix Xendesktop 7.9, Citrix Web Interface, Citrix Desktop Delivery Controllers, Desktop Studio, Citrix Licensing. Citrix Receiver.
- Configured 2 factor authentication with netscalar by using Okta Verify
- Used CyberArk to improve security protection and to establish single-sign-on to accounts in cloud.
- Built and tested a POC environment for migration verification.
- Designed documentation explaining the migration procedure for all the 1200 VDIs including categorization according to sites.
- Created and optimized new master images for all pooled session and dedicated/persistent sessions with PowerShell startup script created for better optimization of Windows 7/ windows 10 images.
- Monitored SCCM platform health and mitigated issues as needed.
- Created and deployed all the required Machine catalogs on Citrix Studio using the parent images created and deployed using MCS (Machine Creation Services).
- Created and deployed Delivery groups with respective user access and authentication.
- Performed P2V for more than 500 workstations in datacenter as part of Datacenter clean up and presented them as VDIs using VMware Converter.
- Assist with making recommendations for improvements and the development of technical standards related to VDI.
- Understood VDI business requirements and implemented effective strategies. Further assists with procurement of VDI-related hardware, software, and services.
- Implemented and deployed Mcafee Move Agent on all VDIs to decrease the antivirus payload on OS by 30%.
- Developed and currently implementing a Disaster Recovery Strategy called Metro Availability for VDI infrastructure.
Environment: ESXi 6.0/5.5/5.1, View 7.02, 6.2.3, Citrix 6.5/7.6/7.8 Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 R2, EMC Isilon, Celerra, VMAX, VNX, Data Domain, vBlock, UCS, EMC Power Path, HP EVA Storage, cloud foundry, Virtualization (VMware), Dell Blade Servers, Dell Open Manager, vCOPS, site scope VM Monitor, VMWARE SRM, MS SCCM, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Exchange 2007/2013.
- Installed and implemented the VMware ESXi 5.5/5.1 host servers with vSphere Client, vSphere CLI.
- Built physical and virtual (VMware) Windows Server 2008 R2 (500+ servers) along with configuration of vMotion, vSwitch, and VLAN in VMware vCenter for high availability.
- Troubleshoot and support issues related to VMware ESXi host, VMware virtual center, HA, DRS, VMware update manager.
- Migrated 1000+ physical servers to virtual which includes virtualizing applications and Databases.
- Created Clusters with High Availability and Dynamic Resource Scheduling. Played a vital role in Creating Virtual Machines, cloning virtual machines, VM-Provisioning (Linked clones, thin disks, de-duplication) taking Snapshots of virtual machines.
- Used Chef to provision and manage VMs with VMware vCenter. Chef's knife-vSphere plugin lets you integrate Chef with existing vSphere Client installation. By using knife to list we can clone, and delete VMs that are managed with vCenter.
- Installed (VMware) Horizon View 5.3.2 and 6.2, which includes Composer, Connection and Security servers (in DMZ).
- Created, updated golden images in view environment as a weekly operational task.
- Created, Recomposed and support troubleshooting the desktop pools which includes both dedicated and floating types.
- Creating host profiles and deploy to hosts in VMware clusters.
- Installed and configured Microsoft Windows 2008 Servers from ILO management tool on Rack servers and blades.
- Provided infrastructure and design guidance for setting up and maintaining SCCM 2012 environments.
- Migrated applications from physical servers to virtual servers on UCS. Converted all possible infrastructures from physical Dell servers to virtual or bare-metal on UCS.
- Experience in vCloud Director 5.1 installation and Configuration: vCenter, vShield, Catalogs, Chargeback, ThinApp in Business Planning and Control System environment
- Deployed a self-provisioning Private Cloud using vCloud Director 5.1.
- Implementation of install, design and configuration of VMware's vCloud Automation center.
- Installation and configuration of ESXi 5.5 on HP Proliant and Dell servers
- Managing ESXi (5.1) HA server clusters using vCenter.
- Provided risk assessment and remediation guidance for SCCM infrastructures.
- Work with SAP Basis team, Linux team, Windows team, Networking team and Storage team to deploy new virtual machines for incoming clients.
- Migrate existing client machines from their private cloud to our environment
- Installation of applications on Citrix servers. Respond and resolve to monitoring alerts escalated to the team and Support Client applications installed on Citrix XenApp Servers.
- Worked with SAP/DB administrators configuring virtual machines to achieve optimal performance
- Manage user accounts and permissions for client account managers, Windows team, Linux team, SAP basis team, Storage team and Monitoring team (Active Directory).
- Built in vCenter Server performance charts (CPU, Memory, Disk Latency, iOPS).
- Experience with change control and service request ticketing system to accomplish day to day tasks in our cloud environment.
- Configured NAS devices for client import and export with EMC Isilon and Celerra
- Created forms to standardize tracking of resources (CPU, Mem, Storage) for each client
- Provided after hours support to troubleshoot and solve issues that caused client down time or performance degradation
- Worked with facilities team to determine rack space and power usage in the datacenter for future equipment.
- Worked with hardware vendors (EMC, HP, Dell) on having bad hardware replaced in the servers.
- Responsible for managing and creating SCCM 2007 task sequences and packages for 30 different computer models and 3 different Operating systems
- Updating computers, application packaging, workstation imaging, installing software via System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Maintain compliance with SCCM to image classified and unclassified computers.
- Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 OS related issues on production environment, development and QA environments.
- Writing and developing Windows PowerShell/PowerCLI scripts for automating procedures within VMware vSphere environment.
- Converting (P2v) Windows and Linux Physical Large Scale datacenters to VMware vSphere virtualize while using VMware vCenter Converter software.
Environment: Windows 2000/2003/2008 R2, Horizon View, IIS 6.0/7.0, vCloud, vSphere, EMC Isilon/Celerra, VMware ESXi 5.5/5/1, Hyper-V, Dell Power Edge Servers, PowerShell scripting, CISCO UCS blade servers, HP Servers, IBM Blade Servers, Remote desktop services, IBM TSM, IBM NAS, Cisco Nexus 5K, Citrix 6.5 MS Exchange 2007.
- Responsible for building windows 2003 servers, Solaris, RHEL servers according to company policies
- Installed Microsoft applications like Office, Exchange, and SQL servers, Symantec Anti Virus modules, JBOSS, Tomcat to support web applications.
- Responsible for maintaining DNS, DHCP, Windows File Servers, NFS, FTP services and AD.
- Configure HA using MSCS for Windows and VCS for Unix systems.
- Responsible for configuring Storage volumes by creating file systems according to application requirements.
- Configured networking for Windows - Like assigning IP address, DNS discovery, enabling AD for authentication.
- Involved in desktop management, supporting desktops and laptops for users, troubleshooting, installing operational software’s, and recovering storage media.
- Troubleshoot Dell and HP server hardware issues and involved in hardware upgrade activities.
- Created documentation to support operational activities, and for configuration management.
- Coordinate hardware and software installations and upgrades to ensure work is performed in accordance with company policy.
Environment: Windows 2000/2003, Redhat Linux, DNS, AD, JBoss, Exchange 2003, SQL, Symantec, Tomcat, IIS, Microsoft Clustering.