- 7+ years of extensive IT industry experience with 4 years of Linux System Administration working on RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows environments, VMware vSphere and 3 years ’ experience in DevOps environments such as ( DEV, TEST, STAGE & PROD) in an all automated environment.
- Experienced in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates. Experience in Amazon Web Services EC2, ELB, S3, Route 53, EBS, VPC, AMI, SNS, RDS, Auto Scaling, etc.
- Experience deploying EC2 instances with different systems like Amazon AMI, RHEL, Open SUSE Linux, Ubuntu, Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 server and others.
- Created Elastic Load Balancer and auto scaled images to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems on multiple AWS instances. Hands on experience using Elastic Block Storage (EBS) and S3 buckets for data storage.
- Experience in using Configuration management software ’s like Chef, Puppet, and Ansible for Automation. Extensive hands on experience in using Chef attribute templates, recipes and managing On - site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef.
- Used PowerShell to install Chefdk on windows 8/10 systems. Hands-on experience writing and maintaining Ansible and wrote build scripts for server management and deployment.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT, Visual SVN and Tortoise SVN. Experience with build tools Ant and Maven for writing build .xml and pom .xml files respectively.
- Used Docker for packaging applications. Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps and automated deployments, scaling and managed containerized applications using Kubernetes.
- Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Jenkins/Hudson . Built Ant scripts to compile and test Java code in web application Hudson.
- Creating and managing Virtual Machines VSphere4, ESXI 5.1/5.5/6.0, VMware View, vCenter Server and Templates, worked with clones and snapshots of Virtual Machines.
- Extensive Experience in integration, deployment and administration of J2EE Application servers WebSphere v 6.0/7.0/8.0/8.5 , and JBoss v6.0 Application Server across UNIX, Windows and Linux platforms.
- Worked with application teams to resolve issues related to Enterprise and Web Applications hosted on WebSphere, JBoss and Tomcat. Install and configure enterprise level Apache Web servers and Tomcat application containers in RHEL Linux/CentOS .
- Skilled enough to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions (using scripting languages such as Python, Shell, Bash .).
- Administration of RHEL 5, 6 and 7 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting virtual server issues.
- Implemented LVM and RAID level concepts within the production environment as well as configured and added LUN’s to the already existing Linux environment. Experience in configuring the Linux Kickstart servers on multiple servers for network installations.
- Experience in using bug-tracking systems like JIRA, Nagios, Atlassian's Bugzilla and Mantis. Expertise in design and implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and DevOps processes for agile projects.
- Experience in building private cloud infrastructure of Open Stack, deploying through puppet and maintaining them in production, and have tested Open Stack environment (Nova, Swift, Cinder, Neutron, Horizon, Keystone, & Glance ).
- Involved in Capacity planning & Performance Analysis, Uptime & Response time analysis, implementation and maintenance of NFS, & Apache SMTP. Experience in Centralized logging and log parsing/indexing with Logstash and Elastic Search.
- Worked on variety of scripting languages like Shell, Perl, Python, PowerShell, Ruby, Bash . Ability in development and execution of XML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Knowledge on the in-house monitoring tool VCMS, Experience with Splunk, Zabbix and iCinga for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Good exposure to Software Development Life Cycle, SCM practices along with software Build and Release Management methodologies.
- Skilled with Linux Utilities: KICKSTART, SSH, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux ES & Centos OS 4.X, 5.X, 6.X & 7.X, Ubuntu, Solaris, Windows 2003, 2008, 2012
Scripting Tools: Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell
Cloud Administration: AWS, Azure
Application/Web servers: WAS 7.X, 8.X JBoss AS 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, JBoss EAP 5.x, 6.x, Apache, Tomcat, HTTPD
EMail servers: Sendmail, Postfix, Zimbra
Monitoring: Nagios, ZABBIX, Splunk, ELK, Grafana
Networking: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, LDAP
Third Party Tools: Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Various DevOps Tools, Git, GitHub
Virtualization/Containers: VMWare vSphere, ESX 5.x/6.0, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Cloud / DevOps Engineer
- Managed Deployments, Maintenance and Troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud infrastructure Azure. Deployed and managed applications in datacenter, virtual environment and Microsoft Azure.
- Worked Complex cloud-based identity management and user authentication, service interruptions with Virtual Machines (their host nodes) and associated virtual storage (Blobs, Tables, Queues).
- Worked on Azure Virtual Networks, Security Groups and access control rules, setup IPSec VPN between on-premises to Azure using Site-to-site VPN.
- Configuring New Application setup on Windows Server 2012 and Task Scheduler jobs and setting up all the properties that application required. Modified PowerShell scripts to perform DSC (Desired State Configuration) of IIS, .Net framework, alerting, reporting, monitoring and routine maintenance for domain resources.
- Worked on maintaining, patching and updating RHEL 5/6/7 server, where we do monthly patching of the kernel versions and keeping them up to date.
- Played an important role in managing and supporting Continuous Integration (CI) using Jenkins. Administering and maintaining Jenkins and Jenkins slaves, created multiple Jenkins slaves and setup jobs on master to run on slaves.
- As a part of moving application to cloud a CI/CD pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and BitBucket, whenever a new Bitbucket branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker image from it, and this will be stored in Artifactory.
- Deployed, configured and maintained open source project with Kubernetes to manage a cluster of containers, running Docker containers across multiple hosts.
- Worked on POC for Kubernetes charts using Helm . Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Configured Ansible to manage Onprem/Cloud environments and automate for all application deployments. Involved in actively monitoring the Confidential .COM application using CA APM and providing L2 Support of APM the platforms and associated technologies.
- Worked with Splunk Enterprise Security to monitor the applications, capacity planning, checking the Splunk logs for hidden application errors, and also configured Splunk Database connector.
- Integrated Splunk with Active directory and LDAP authentication and Performed Splunk administration tasks such as installing, configuring, monitoring and tuning.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Cloud / DevOps Engineer
- Involved in Designing and deploying of multiple applications utilizing almost all the AWS Services (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, and IAM focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto scaling.
- Setting up and configuring AWS VPC commonness: Subnets, Security Groups, EC2, ELB for Elastic map reduce clusters as well as Applications.
- Worked with Business units, Software Developers, Security, to design and build applications and services within AWS and/or other cloud providers for automation using Cloud Formation Templates and Python.
- Designed and developed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure deployment of web applications
- Analyzing and Monitoring performance bottlenecks and key metrics to optimize software and system performance and providing with enough system resources if necessary.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Integrating various Version control tools, build tools, nexus and deployment methodologies (scripting) into Jenkins to create an end to end orchestration build cycles.
- Virtualized servers using Docker for test and dev-environments needs, also configuration automation using Docker containers. Creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Containers from scratch.
- Maintained Mesos and Kafka for managing the real-time data streamlines under proper environments and depended on Zookeeper for any assistance. Used Grafana for monitoring and created graphs, dashboards and alerts for analytics.
- Designed Docker for continuous integration and automatic deployment running all the build jobs and integrated the deployments with Apache Mesos.
- Extensively worked on Ansible deployments, written various Ansible playbooks with multiple roles, tasks with loops , templates , service management, host variables, group variables etc.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages for all the operations related tasks.
- Experience in working with JFROG Artifactory to deploy artifacts. Configured remote repository serves as a caching proxy for a repository managed at a remote URL.
- Created multiple Terraform modules to manage configurations, applications, services and automate installation process for web servers and AWS instances.
- Experience in GIT, JIRA & Confluence administration involving creation and management of custom, complex projects, workflows, security schemes, custom fields, dashboards and reports configurations.
- Work in a highly process-driven Agile SDLC environment with daily scrum meetings and integrated various bug tracking tools such as JIRA into the release activities for collaboration and documented work spaces in Confluence.
- Automate processes to overcome day to day tasks and adapt to new tools and technologies in order to address server automations when needed. Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists. Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations. Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and quick problem-solving skills.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Cloud Engineer/ DevOps Engineer
- Worked on AWS Cloud watch which monitors Live Traffic, logs, Memory utilization, Disk utilization and various other factors which are important for deployment. Experienced in performance monitoring tools like AWS Cloud Watch and Stack driver.
- Automated the cloud deployments of services using Python Boto and fabric along with AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Worked on Installing, configuring to make the Open shift cloud setup to manage our Docker and kubernetes cluster and created JSON templates.
- Strong experience with Docker containers and experience working on Docker to build images at root of the repository and clustering the containers with Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Worked with Red Hat Open Shift Container Platform for Docker and Kubernetes . Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Installed and configured Open Shift as part of PAAS on google cloud Vms. Deployed pods in Open Shift, created services, exposed routes, set quotas and limits per project and created role binding for users
- Manage architecture of Jenkins and integration with Confluence for release management and documentation assets. Re architect a Maven based system reducing build times.
- Modeled and automated the End to End Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery pipeline which included building a Continuous Integration server utilizing tools like Jenkins, Nexus, maven, Git, and Sonar .
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Jenkins and Installed Groovy plugin to Jenkins and worked on groovy scripts to add support for groovy projects.
- Created Post Commit and pre-push hooks using Python scripts in SVN and GIT repos and also created various scripts in Python to automate the build processes.
- Setup and configured Cruise Control for Continuous Integration and Release Management as well as maintained Repository management in Maven to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using Nexus .
- Used AWS EC2 to create Test kitchen in order to test the cookbooks before they are updated to the Git. Involved in the migration from VMWARE to AWS and managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS etc with Opscode Chef Cookbooks/Recipes.
- Used chef for automation of repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage changes, worked on the modifications and the development of some Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate deployment environment configuration.
- Built and deployed EAR and WAR files with custom configuration settings using Maven Tool Kit and further deployed the archives into Apache Tomcat Web Server and WebSphere Application Servers.
- Created the Clustering Topology in WebSphere Application Server ND 8.5.5 to achieve Work Load Management (WLM), High availability, Load Balancing and Hardware fail over and implemented horizontal clustering.
- Production support of Apache and JBoss including installation, management and troubleshooting. Worked on the administration of the JBoss 4.2.2 servers including installation and deployments.
- Production support for installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting of applications like Apache, PHP, My SQL and Tomcat.
- Work in a highly process-driven agile environment with daily scrum meetings using JIRA, Confluence and other collaboration tools.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Cloud/ DevOps & Release Engineer
- Experience with the use of AWS services/tools include but not limited to IAM, S3, Cloud Front, EC2, Route53, Code Commit, Code Deploy, Code Pipeline, Cloud Trail, EBS, AMI, ELB, CLI, Cloud Watch, VPC, Auto Scaling, ELB and Cloud Formation.
- Used some predefined CFT ’s to create local EC2 instances for daily deployments. Designed roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management ( IAM ).
- Installed AWS CLI on different windows platforms and used it to generate basic EC2 instances for regular BAU and performed operations only on single files and S3 objects using various commands. Created S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 bucket Glacier for storage and backup on AWS .
- Implementation of developer instances using AWS EC2 instances and Docker containers for local code development. Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Created Public and Private subnets, NAT gateways, VPN IPSec tunneling, defined NACL’s and Security Group for securing AWS services within private and public Subnets in VPC.
- Migrated VMware VMs from on premise to AWS cloud and migrated applications using AWS services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services ( AWS) & configuration management.
- Used AWS lambda functions and server less code execution that can be triggering to run code by S3, SNS or other events from cloud watch . Moved data from Local System to S3 bucket .
- Involved in writing Ansible playbooks for setup and configuration of tools including Jenkins and Artifactory on remote servers using REST API protocol. Used Ansible Tower to automate Provisioning and Deployments for our project and integrated it with LDAP to manage access with increase security.
- Created multiple dockerfiles for different microservices such as MySQL , apache , tomcat , NodeJS , php , Redis , JBoss and managed Containers, Images, Compose.
- Implemented zero downtime deployment process in WebLogic using python and shell script and automated it using Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI ’s .
- Implemented Docker-maven -plugin in and maven pom to build Docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the java jar files.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development , QA , SIT, UAT and Production .
- Migration of code repository from Subversion to GitHub as a first step in creating a CI/CD pipeline , also assisted the developers in rebasing their branches with the release candidate. Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using Jenkins Jobs, migrate all of my Jenkins jobs (or my entire Jenkins configuration) from one instance to another. Supported implementation of Continuous Integration , DevOps, Release Management , Environment Management and Production Support processes.
- Installed, configured Nginx as webserver and reverse proxy for multiple sites. Worked with location, SSL configurations, server in nginx. Upgrading the Application as per Application team requirements, Scheduling jobs using crontab .
- Deployed and configured Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda .
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Bash, PowerShell, Rundeck, scheduled tasks and system backups using Python on RHEL.
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
Cloud Engineer/ DevOps Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude of applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM ) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including VPC, Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer, CloudWatch, CloudTrail and Security Management VPC.
- Designed a Cloud Formation Template with built in VPC, S3, RDS, DynamoDB with reliability to provision instances quickly.
- Created SNS notifications and assigned ARN to S3 for object loss notifications. Created load balancers (ELB) and used Route53 with failover and latency options for high availability and fault tolerance . Created AWS Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for instance RDP/SSH logon, worked with teams to lock down security groups .
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing director structures and managing containers. Worked on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry .
- Implemented a CI/CD (Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery) framework using Jenkins, Maven & Artifactory in Linux environment and Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Git, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution. Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven and Worked on authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin and managing Maven repositories.
- Modified the existing ANT scripts to suit the project requirements. Setting up Jenkins master, adding the necessary plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Installation/Activation of F5 Load balancers to configure routing logic, creation of new service pools, members, virtual servers and performance tuning of VMware servers, Virtual sessions and management of servers resources between Virtual Machines.
- Installed JON Agent and configured dashboards, alerts for JVM monitoring. Performance tuning included tuning the existing heap values, DB Connection settings etc.
- Applied patches every quarter regularly to meet audit requirements using Oracle Ops Center, Red Hat Satellite server, Up2Date, YUM, RPM tools. Deployed, configured, troubleshoot web-based applications on the specific requirements with WebSphere Application Server and DB2, Oracle configurations.
- Installation and configuration of Puppet including configuration of Puppet master, agent nodes and admin control workstation. Wrote some puppet manifests for deploying, configuring and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Managed VMware administration including deploying , cloning , creating templates from virtual machines on Linux and Windows. Used Red Hat volume manager for creating file systems and performing health check on regular basis for all Linux servers.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Managed, configured, and installed Sudo for root privileges also familiar with powerbroker environment for role-based privileges.
Confidential, Fort Washington, PA
- Provided support in fixing issues related to Linux, Solaris, HP-UX Installation and Maintenance of Hardware in Production and development Environment as an integral part of the Unix/Linux Support team.
- Worked on installing and configuring VMware/ESX Servers for virtualizations. Supported Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) Servers running on Linux with GFS and Solaris with SFRAC.
- Experience in maintaining/tuning/upgrading Web logic/Web sphere/JBoss and Web based applications like Java & Tomcat/Apache.
- Creation and management of user accounts and groups according to the security needs and adding the packages and patches when needed and Permissions policy management and quota implementation.
- Installing, configuring and monitoring VERITAS Cluster Server (VCS) and Redhat Cluster Server in High Availability Environment. Installation and monitoring of Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas NetBackup and Veritas Cluster Server on SAN Environment.
- Implemented Backup and Restore by using procedures like Ufs dump, Ufs restore, Tar ” and “Cpio ”.
- Configured the NIS, NIS+ and DNS on Red Hat Linux 5.1 and update NIS maps and organize the RHN Satellite Servers in combination with RHN Proxy Server.
- Used YUM Software manager for installing and configuring the RPM Packages. Configured logical volumes using logical volume manager (LVM ) and also configured mirroring.
- Automated jobs by developing custom scripts using Shell (bash, ksh). Defining and Develop plan for Change, Problem & Incident management Process based on ITIL .
- Formatted data into required format using UNIX Shell Scripts, SED and Awk. Networking communication skills and protocols such as TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP, NDM, SSH .
- Extensive experience in Security Patching. Also coordinating with storage team and networking teams. Configured and installed HP-UX, Solaris and Redhat Linux Servers with the help of Ignite, jumpstart and Kickstart.