A multi - skilled Linux Engineer/System Engineer with over 25 years of experience managing IT and over 15 with Unix/Linux technology. Specializing in automating tasks using scripting in several different languages including bash shell and python. I have acquired a Masters Degree in IS and have attained several s: RHCSA, MCSE and CCNA Also, I have vast experience with database and software development
- RHCE, RHCSA, MCSE, and CCNA s, Masters Degree in IS and Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
- Twelve years Linux/AIX/Solaris Administration.
- Bash, ksh, bourne shell scripting automation experience.
- Configuration tools skills, Saltstack, Ansible and Puppet.
- Linux instructor for both, RHCSA and RHCE.
Senior Linux Engineer
Confidential, Columbia, Maryland
- Actively managed, improved, and monitored cloud infrastructure on Ovirt/KVM including patches, deployment, and scaling.
- Automated build and deployment using bash scripts, python and rest api xml.
- Managed our local gitlab deployment including branching and tagging.
- Installed, configured, and maintained Saltstack configuration management server on 400+ servers and network devices.
- Maintained network with two locations, twenty-five vlans and four firewalls.
- Created builds for all major operating systems: Windows 7/8/10, Windows Servers 2012/2016, CentOS, Ubuntu, Kali and several less known linux builds.
- Responsible for all new technologies, testing, and final implementation into current environment.
- Responsible for handling all system issues and providing root cause analysis.
Confidential, Sterling, Virginia
- Maintained Email Environment consisting of 30 servers with over 1200 user accounts.
- Automated on-boarding and off-boarding of users using varied scripting methods including Windows Scripting and LotusScript.
- Configured internal email routing paths for alerts and workflow.
- Provided assistance with systems planning, business information analysis and process improvement initiatives.
- Provided programming and development support to the internal programming teams.
- Provided third tier support and first/second tier .
- Created SOPs, white papers and other system documentation including visual representation using Visio.
Senior Email Consultant/Linux Administrator
Confidential, Rockville, Maryland
- Installed and patched Redhat V5 Servers with kernel 2.6.
- Installed and maintained Veritas NetBackup on Linux and Windows servers.
- Maintained Email environment for over 1000 email accounts on Linux RedHat servers.
- Created shell scripts to automate administrative tasks using bash/bourne.
- Moved all physical Linux servers into virtual using VMware.
- Provided third tier support for all enterprise related issues and especially email related issues.
- Responsible for the administration of the Cisco IronPort (Linux appliance) including rebuilding kernel.
- Remediated all software and hardware security concerns.
Messaging Team Lead & Messaging Security Officer
- Maintained Linux spam and relay servers on Redhat 3 kernel 2.4.
- Installed, configured and maintained Postfix server for email relaying.
- Configured and Installed Proofpoint Spam server.
- Installed, configured, and managed Nessus Security scan server.
- Conducted Security Scans and remediated issues found.
- Conducted Windows and Linux server hardening.
- Reviewed NIST C&A and BOC security controls to create and implement POA&Ms
- Led Team of 4 Email Engineers.
- Converted 20 physical servers into virtual servers using VMWare 3.
Solaris Email Administrator
Confidential, Reston, Virginia
- Maintained Email Environment for 10 thousand users on Solaris 7 on Sun Sparc Hardware.
- Created shell scripts to automate mailbox administrative tasks.
- Upgraded Solaris servers from Solaris 7 to Solaris 8
- Created automated Lotus Database to conduct user analysis and cleanup of unused server resources.
- Provided Third tier support of infrastructure and network issues.