MA IBM Certified Training
BUSINESS AND APPLICATION EXPERIENCE SUMMARY
Confidential, Tallahassee, FL April 2009 July 2009
Worked as a systems consultant for CSI at the Florida Agency for Workforce Innovation (AWI) modifying the mainframe on-line system.
- Coded and tested changes to the existing CICS applications required for the enhancements needed to the FLUID system to support extended benefits. Changes involved modifications to existing COBOL II/CICS programs.
- Performed analysis of how the FLUID system interfaced with the mainframe, specifically researching and identifying the information/data that was returned from the mainframe to the web-based applications. This knowledge was critical to assist the web/server application programmers.
- Conducted analysis of the Unemployment Compensation On-line Tax subsystem. Additional analysis of various mainframe CICS transactions that were interfaced from the FLUID system (BIVR, BH80, BH84, etc.).
Confidential, Tallahassee, FL May 2006 Dec 2008
Worked as a systems consultant for CIBER, Inc. at the Florida Department of Education supporting the mainframe batch and on-line systems.
- Implemented a project that migrated data from a VSAM file to a DB2 table. Modified applications that referenced the migrated data to be able to retrieve the information from the new storage medium.
- Coded and supported changes to the existing CICS applications. Major changes were made utilizing the passage of data via both, the COMMAREA and containers, instead of screen processing.
- Designed, coded and supported enhancements to the existing system to support annual interest rate modifications. The project called for a new VSAM file to house interest rate information. All programs were written in COBOL II.
- Implemented the use of an I/O module to access interest rate information for both batch and on-lines. Included in the implementation was documentation of the uses of the new I/O module (i.e. parameters passed to module as well as information returned from the call).
- Scheduled production jobs using CNTL-M.
- Modified and executed EASYTRIEVE jobs to create reports and to extract data from the primary source files.
Confidential, Boston/Westborough, MA June 2000 July 2005
Worked as a systems analyst for PFPC Global Services responsible for supporting the Tax System.
- Designed, coded and supported a new tax system. The system was a batch COBOL system. The project required the replacement of an out-dated tax system that existed. All of the source data originated from an IDMS database. All programs were written in COBOL II.
- Worked on a team that was to consolidate multiple tax systems into a single system. Source data was extracted from VSAM, IDMS and VMS indexed files. The new tax system stored data in relational databases (both DB2 and a Sybase database, they mirrored each other). Responsible for designing applications that loaded, inserted and updated information on the DB2 tax tables.
- Acted as the technical lead for a system redesign. Responsible for all technical aspects of the project including: the definition of the file structures; the development of all the COBOL applications, including calling and called programs; establishing the job stream including all JCL and procedures as well as scheduling the daily, monthly and year end tax cycles through the CA-7 job scheduler; testing the system; implementation and support of the system.
- Documented the new tax system in the form of flow charts at both the job and the program level.
Confidential, Boston, MA May 1999 June 2000
Worked as a systems analyst for John Hancock Financial Services Group providing support to the Quality Assurance team.
- Executed jobs in the test environment that mimicked production, jobs run included batch cycles and loading databases and files. Designed and coded batch COBOL programs and JCL streams to complete. All programs were written in COBOL II, extracting data from VSAM files and IMS databases.
- Redesigned job streams and scripts, implementing structure that is common in traditional information technology shops. Enhancements included creating procedures that utilized symbolic parameters easing support and maintenance efforts.
- Scheduled production jobs using CA-7.
- Provided support for all data needs of the Quality Assurance test team, including data identification and copying data from production into the test environment needed to satisfy specified test cases.
Confidential, Boston, MA Sept 1997 May 1999
Worked as the primary systems analyst for First Data Investor Services Group dedicated to the State Withholding Project.
- Designed and coded batch COBOL programs for the State Withholding project. The project required that all transactions processed for the Smith Barney system have the appropriate state taxes withheld on all retirement distributions. All programs were written in COBOL II and interfaced with an outside vendor tax calculation package (GEAC's ALLTAX2).
- Designed and coded modifications to existing Smith Barney applications required to accommodate the implementation of new state withholding taxes. Enhancements included changes of existing file structures through file expansions.
- Provided all system and account level analysis necessary for the project.
- Scheduled production jobs using CA-7.
- Documented the program that interfaced with the vendor tax calculation program.
Confidential, Reading, MA June 1996 Sept 1997
Worked as a programmer/analyst for Addison-Wesley Longman Publishing Company providing support for the Inventory Accounting, Accounts Receivable and Royalties groups.
- Designed and coded batch COBOL programs for HarperCollins conversion project. The project required all the Product files involved in the conversion to be loaded into the appropriate databases (IMS or DB2). All programs were written in COBOL II or DYL280.
- Designed and coded programs to support business requirements defined by the companys user groups. Programs included batch reporting, on-line processing and database updating. All programs were written in COBOL II/CICS/IMS/DB2.
- Responsible for restructuring and redesigning the Work-In-Process (WIP) batch system. Designed the new system flow and coded all the programs within the new system design. All programs were written in COBOL II/DB2.
- Participated on a project team was responsible for migrating Legacy applications from an existing MVS environment to a new Web based system. All programs were written in HTML. Meta-HTML was used to access database information residing on UNIX servers.
Confidential, Natick, MA May 1994 June 1996
Worked as a programmer/analyst for BJs Wholesale Club providing support for the retailers Food and Non-Food user groups.
- Designed and coded programs for a PC conversion project. The project required automation of a process required manual intervention to produce a variety of reports. All programs were written using MicroFocus COBOL II.
- Designed and coded programs for the Vendor ChargeBack (VCB) System. The VCB System processes the handling of damaged and defective items. All programs were written using MicroFocus COBOL II/CICS/IMS.
- Designed and coded programs to support business requirements defined by the company's user groups. Programs included batch reporting and database updating. . All programs were written in COBOL II/IMS/DB2.
- Provided ad-hoc request results per user problem definition. Solutions were concluded through various techniques of research and analysis. Results were furnished in the form of reports and/or spreadsheets.
- Documented the user created ad-hoc PC report generation system in the form of flowcharts. The flowcharts were then used to implement a new, automated system that was much more efficient.
Confidential, Woburn, MA May 1992 May 1994
Worked as a consultant/programmer for Quality Solutions, Inc., an information systems consulting firm, providing financial services.
Confidential, North Quincy, MA
- Designed and coded programs for the Benefits Delivery System. The Benefits Delivery System centralizes the processing of employee benefits and handles the transmission of data to and from the various vendors.
- Designed and coded programs for the Reconciliation System. The Reconciliation System handles data transmitted between payroll centers and various benefit service providers. All programs were written in COBOL on the IBM Mainframe in the MVS-XA 3090 environment.
Confidential, Quincy, MA
- Designed, modified and coded report programs for Phase III of the Shareholder System Rewrite project. All programs were written in COBOL II using TELON on the IBM Mainframe in the MVS-XA 3090 environment.
HARDWAREIBM Mainframe, IBM PC, Macintosh
LANGUAGESCOBOL, COBOL II,JCL, HTML, vi, DYL280, EASYTRIEVE
ENVIRONMENTMVS-XA 3090, MVS-XA 3390, MVS Z/OS, UNIX,MS-DOS
SOFTWARETSO, MicroFocus COBOL/CICS/IMS, DB2, VSAM,CICS, IDMS,
TELON/Mainframe, MS Word, CA-7, CNTL-M
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes