Information Technology Professional
Solutions-oriented Information Technology Professional with notable success leading and performing a broad range of corporate IT initiatives while participating in planning and implementation of information-security solutions in direct support of business objectives.
- Track record of proven reliability and responsibility in infrastructure design, secure network design, systems analysis, system expansion, and system support.
- Hands-on experience performing and managing all stages of system administration, including requirement definitions, design, budgeting, architecture, testing, implementation, and support.
- Outstanding leadership and team work skills; able to coordinate or direct all phases of project-based efforts while managing, motivating, or being a member of project teams.
- Proficient at developing policies and procedures, project documentation, disaster recovery, and technical/business specifications.
Core Competencies: IT Management, Troubleshooting, Customer Service, Network & Systems Support, Database Administration, Data Integrity/Recovery; Disaster Recovery Planning; Contingency Planning; Research & Development; Risk Assessment; Cost Benefits Analysis.
* Platforms: Windows® NT4/2000/2003/2008/XP/Vista/Windows 7 Workstation/Server.
- Networking: IIS, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, SMS, SQL, Ethernet, VPN, SSL, Token Ring.
- Skills: Virtualization (Hyper-V), Some ESX, Symantec Antivirus, Altiris, Ghost, Backup Exec, Microsoft DPM, Active Directory 2000-2008, SMS, Exchange Server, SQL Server, SonicWall, WatchGuard, Barracuda SPAM Firewall, Barracuda Content Filter, NAS, EMC SAN, HP Blade Servers, HP/Cisco Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Terminal Services, and Microsoft Office Professional Suite, Avocent, and much more.
Confidential-Edmonds, WA 07/09-Current
Sr. Systems Administrator and I.T. Manager of Systems, Network, and Telecom
Responsible for management of the day-to-day activities pertaining to the Hospitals data and telecommunications networks, PC help desk, data backup and recovery, disaster recovery planning, systems and network security, project management, vendor management, new hardware testing, setting standards for networking, servers, and desktop computer hardware/software. Provide training, direction and coordinate work flow and project assignments, serves as a working manager and a technical expert and resource for all staff assigned to Information Technology infrastructure, systems support and helpdesk staff.
- Assisted with negotiation new copier maintenance/lease agreements saving 250,000+ per year
- Created hardware and software standards
- Facilitated hardware and participated in rollout for a new EMR (All-Scripts)
- Directed and participated in all technical implementation and planning for the EMR project
- Managed rollout of hospital PC refresh
- Purchased all hardware required for all projects in the organization
- Work with vendors to implement F5 load balancers
- Responsible for 7 Direct Reports
- Assist with Implementation of Change Management process
- Research and manage implementation of Microsoft DPM Disk to Disk to Tape backup solution
- Research and manage implementation of new ASA5520 Cisco SSL VPN
- Managed implementation of Imprivata Single Sign On (SSO).
- Managed implementation of DMZ
- Research and manage of Juniper Intrusion Prevention System
- Managing implementation of DFS migration/upgrade
- Managing implementation of Print Server migration
Confidential-Edmonds, WA 09/08-07/09
Sr. Systems Administrator
Provide daily support and implementation of existing and new systems. Recommend and perform enhancement to the existing systems and infrastructure. Work with vendors daily on projects in addition to internal projects, direct work of Jr. Systems and Network Administrators. Provide level 3 support to all hospital staff. Track licensing, recommend upgrades, and provide cost savings to the organization by working with vendors. Provide direction to the entire hospital network and all systems for current and future needs. Provide the Information Technology Director with budget assistance, and recommendations.
- Saved nearly 70,000 in software purchases in first 30 days
- Reduced Time to Close for help desk related tasks.
- Worked with Vendors to re-cable the entire Data Center and move equipment to new hardware
- Saved enough in capital purchases to fund several projects (Est. 1,000,000)
- Have identified an additional 500,000+ in immediate cost savings potential.
- Created new relationships with new hardware/software vendors
- Mended working relationships with existing vendors
- Upgrade Active Directory 2000 to 2008
- Migrate Exchange Servers
- Migration of print servers
- Migrate File Servers
- Upgrade of an EMR (MARS) system.
- Created hardware and software standards
- Created and implemented Virtual Cluster Environment
- Implemented new Virtual Environment
- Rollout of Electronic Document Management system
- Have cleaned up extensive DNS problems
- Have Identified several security problems and arranged meetings with vendors to resolve
- Performed a general cleanup of the Data Center
- Have improved performance and stability of several systems
- Begin implementation of new Network and Core
Confidential.-Redmond, WA 04/08-09/08
Responsibilities included support for the Encarta.com and products lab consisting of approximately 300 physical servers, approximately 10 MSA drive arrays, 150 virtual servers, 2 SANs, and 30 switches. Additionally I was responsible for the administration, operation, monitoring troubleshooting, and maintenance of all desktops and servers in the lab. Provided support for Active Directory, DHS, DHCP, WINS, etc. End user support, special projects, server maintenance, new product evaluation, security updates, V-LAN segmenting and compliance.
- Resolve existing issues with current systems
- SQL Server troubleshooting
- Database Maintenance
- Server security patching
- Technical Support for IIS, and all Enterprise 2003, 2008 servers
- Implement Hyper-V-RC0,/RC1 and RTM
- SCVMM, SCCM
- Create Usernames and AD accounts
- Provision new Servers, 2008,2003 Enterprise, Physical and Virtual
- Support terminal servers for multiple countries
- DNS troubleshooting
- File and department share permissions
- Network and domain troubleshooting
- Physical to Virtual Conversions(SCVMM)
- Maintain and document changes in the lab
- Hardware and software Troubleshooting. Engineering, and Support
Confidential.-Snohomish, WA 1/08- 4/08
Responsibilities include all management and direction of any functions related to the Information Technology Department. Administration, operation, monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all computer and phone systems (Network support, maintenance, budgeting, & purchasing of all hardware and software). Engage vendors and setup new relationships to lower operating costs of the IT department.
- Resolve existing issues with current system
- Resolve issues with proprietary medical software MestaMed
- Project Management and implementation of a new Active Directory and Exchange Server
- Migrate existing servers to new Active Directory
- Create and implement new usernames and password policies
- Implement a functioning Exchange Server
- Implement a functioning Virus, WSUS, and Backup server
- Implement Terminal Services
- Organize and resolve existing TCP/IP,DNS,WAN, and LAN problems
- Vendor Management
- Hardware and software procurement
- Terminal Services Rollout
- SQL Server Implementation
- Condense 3 Active Directory domains down too one.
- Exchange Server Migration
- New Active Directory rollout
- Network Policies and procedures
- Backup Exec errors corrected
- Symantec Virus Corporate Rollout
Confidential.-Lake Stevens, WA 2007-Consult as Needed
IT Manager- Now a Consultant
Responsibilities include all management and direction of any functions related to the Information Technology Department. Administration, operation, monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all computer and phone systems (Network support, maintenance, budgeting, & purchasing of all hardware and software). I have experience using and supporting Servers, Switches, Sonic Walls, Workstations, Windows Mobile Devices, Laptops, and PBX systems.
- Establish policies, documentation, SOP’s, and standardization of all computer and PBX systems.
- SQL 2005 Installation and maintenance
- Create, Implement, and maintain disaster recovery plan, backups and procedures.
- Install and configure and maintain SonicWall Firewall.
- Implement a new accounting and property management software.
- Audit and correct software licensing agreements.
- Infrastructure design and implementation for new buildings, remodels, and expansions.
- Create, implement, and maintain documentation, and SOP’s for all IT and the PBX.
- Lowered Operating costs 24,000+ per year by changing vendors, and contract negotiations
- Exchange 2003 SBS to Exchange 2007 and Windows Server 2003 Standard Migration
- Terminal Services Implementation
Confidential. - Marysville, WA 2006-2007
Administration, operation, monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all computer and phone systems (Network support and maintenance of all hardware and software)
- Create and Maintain User Accounts
- Create, Manage, Troubleshoot, Maintain Roaming Profiles
- Install, configure, maintain all server hardware
- Assist desktop support staff as needed
- Virus, Spam, Spyware management
- Project lead for critical applications, and new software implementation
- Application and Operating system compatibility testing
- New Server builds
- Assist with VOIP phone system rollout
- SQL Server rollouts
Confidential- Bellevue, WA 2001 – 2006
I.T. And Operations Manager; Sr. Network Engineer/Systems Administrator
Responsibilities include all management and direction of any functions related to the Information Technology Department for multiple customers and locations. I managed a team of 7 staff at multiple locations with various skill sets (developers, DBA’s, Network Administrators, and Desktop Support). I successfully worked within budgets created performance reviews, team building, cross-training, hired and trained new staff, recommended raises, and performance improvement plans. I also performed administration, operation, monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all computer and phone systems. I have experience using and supporting Servers, Switches, Cisco Routers, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Workstations, PDA\'s, and Laptops. Managing the Active Directory (group policies, user spaces, permissions, OU\'s, Managed software installation, batch files, login scripts, folder redirection, computer management, location management, & Securities).
- Set all hardware and software standards for multiple organizations
- Engaged and managed vendors
- Wrote employee performance reviews
- Interviewed new potential employees
- Worked on budget planning and forecasting for all customers
- Project planning, implementation and rollout
- Employee orientation and training.
- Successful network migration from Novell to Windows 2000 domain
- Successful network migration from NT4 to Windows 2003 domain.
- Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration
- Managed resources to support all of our customers
- New network design and implementation
- Help Desk Management
- General Network/Helpdesk support.
- Fox Pro to SQL server database conversion.
- Implementation of remote access (Terminal Services and VPN) to network files.
- Created company policies and procedures governing corporate security, email retention, backups, and Internet usage.
- Maintain WAN, Private and Public connections
- Maintain working relationships with vendors to guarantee low overhead for products and services.
- Infrastructure design and implementation for new buildings, and expansions.
- Customer sales, contract negotiations, and estimates.
- Windows 2003 Server Standard Rollout at a Multi-Site customer with 5 locations
- Cisco PIX and Router implementation for 3 locations
- Managed Growth at Woodinville Lumber from 5 to 44 servers in 5 years
- Designed all network changes and layouts for all customers
- Created network diagrams with Visio
- Key contributor for implementation of VMware.
- Created and designed network and system redundancy when applicable for all customers.
- Install new server hardware and software for all customers
- Create and maintain images for all windows workstations for all customers
- Implement and roll out multi-function printers, and large format plotters.
Confidential– Mountlake Terrace, WA 1999 – 2001
Micro Computer Hardware Specialist
Software support, faculty support, hardware maintenance, problem solving, technical training, desktop support Ordering all hardware and software, hardware maintenance, vendor management, problem solving, technical training, desktop support, new PC rollouts, hardware and software installation.
- Highest ticket closure producer for 3000 users.
- Urgent ticket single point of contact.
- Trouble ticket prioritization for desktop support department.
- Recognized for outstanding quality of customer service and personal commendation from users.
- Documented policies and procedures for desktop support.
- Hardware and software installation.
- Created Documentation for multiple software programs.
- Move committee representative for PC systems.
- Manage technical resources within the Logistics Department.
- PC and laptop troubleshooting.
- Hardware replacements and upgrades.
- Managed technical contractors and department move team.
- Established and managed vendor relationships.
- Decreased hardware and software costs by 40% by vendor negotiations.
- Employee orientation and training.
- Software and hardware troubleshooting.
- Compliance tracking for software and hardware.
- New equipment testing and evaluation.