Systems Analyst with over ten years experience in the information technology field. Skilled in application support/development and system analysis, delivering technical solutions for a wide range of business areas. Has led project teams, conducted application support and development, performed DBO functions, developed functional and system requirements, created test plans, test cases, defect tracking, implementation plans, disaster recovery plans, and developed support grids.
Confidential,1998 – Oct 2009
Systems Analyst / Senior Programmer 2006 – Oct 2009
As Subject Matter Expert for the Customer Service Information System I acted as system consultant to other IT and business groups, providing application support and extensive knowledge of customer & transaction data flow, data quality and transformation, SOA, and system architecture.
- Team lead of five resources delivering application remediation and large scale data conversion (1.5B records) bringing Customer Service Information System into compliance with (PCI) Payment Card Industry regulations. Performed impact analysis of information/software systems architecture, estimate of effort, resource evaluation, on-boarding of five resources, documented functional and system requirements, guided, oversaw, reviewed and approved design documentation and code reviews, developed, reviewed and executed test plans, performed DBO functions, and coordinated implementation (Java, SQL, J2EE, DBO, TestDirector, Unix Scripting)
- Key contributor delivering integration of ‘White Pages’ Java based web service to Point of Sale customer lookup service. Facilitated weekly status meetings, tasked with identification and resolution of issues, risks, and action items. Managed and acquired status of application enhancements, hardware acquisition and installation, 3rd party vendor connectivity to Acxiom, load testing, monthly reporting, creation of work/change requests, UAT, developed implementation and recovery plan. Acted as liaison to Business Sponsor. Process reduced customer checkout time and increased customer data quality.(Unix scripting, SQL, Java)
- Delivered multiple Java based Return to Vendor (reverse logistics) web services integrated into Circuit City’s Point of Sale system. Full life cycle development of process; Analyzed, developed requirements, design, construction and QA of XML based web service. (Java, Weblogic 8.1, SQL, XML)
- Developed and enhanced multiple graphical user interfaces implemented in J2EE Weblogic workshop, enterprise-wide intranet web applications providing Point of Sale and Call Center users visibility into the Customer Service Information System (J2EE, Weblogic 8.1, DB2, SQL)
- Integration and QA Point of Contact for integration and implementation of Customer Service Information Systems into Circuit City’s replacement Point of Sale system.
- Key contributor delivering automated Cognos reports to Direct Marketing Business. Reports eliminated manual errors and provided dashboard view on demand. (Oracle PLSQL, Cognos Report Studio)
- Selected as 1% of core personnel retained for wind-down team. Tasked with final decommissioning of Circuit City IT systems.
Programmer Analyst 2002 – 2006
Provided analysis, enhancements and development to legacy and emerging systems. Provided 24/7 application support. Managed QA environment integrating with other internal IT systems, including multiple Point of Sale systems, consisting of web applications, web services, and batch processes.
- Project lead for migration of entire Customer Service Information System to new host with zero production defects, including 50+ applications and multiple database’s
- Developer for ‘Single Customer View’ into Customer Service Information System. Integrated customer matching data (modeling) and application logic across multiple services, systems and third party vendor Acxiom. Effort resulted in providing a better customer experience, eliminating multiple customer records from POS customer portal. (Java, SQL, XML, Weblogic 8.1, C)
- Played key role in developing and implementing Circuit City’s Loyalty program; developed sign-up service integrated with POS system, multiple batch processes interfacing with Accounting and Direct Marketing systems, as well as external Banking partner. Loyalty project delivered $30M yearly revenue from Chase. (Java, JaxB, SQL, XML, Weblogic 8.1, C)
- Delivered Java based web service integrated into Circuit City’s Point of Sale system. Facilitated weekly status meetings, tasked with identification and resolution of issues, risks, and action items. Managed and acquired status of application enhancements, hardware acquisition and installation, 3rd party vendor connectivity to Acxiom, load testing, monthly reporting, load testing, creation of work/change requests, UAT, developed implementation and recovery plan. Acted as liaison to Business Sponsor. (Java, Weblogic 8.1, C, SQL, XML)
Programmer 1998 – 2002
Provided 24/7 application support to Customer Service Information System. Developed and enhanced processes utilizing Unix scripting, SQL, C and Pascal. Developed Ad-hoc data extract queries for internal Circuit City customers.
- Reduced system downtime by 10% by implementing additional system monitoring
- Delivered accurate data results to data requests to internal customers (SQL)
- Improved data quality through implementation of bug fixes
- Developed modules to perform data cleanup within 330M record Customer dB (C, SQL)
Confidential,1993 – 1998
Developed CAD electrical schematics and physical mechanical layout records, QA testing of schematic generation application, training of CAD personnel, and manufacturing production support for multiple products lines
Java, J2EE, MVC/Struts, Eclipse, Weblogic 8.1, Weblogic Workshop, Visio, Planview, Sharepoint, Affinium, ServiceCenter, ClearQuest, DBVisualizer, PL/SQL Developer, XMLSpy, SoapUI, ldap browser, ANT, PVCS, SQL: Allbase, Oracle, DB2, Informix, Data Modeling, C, Pascal, JDBC, JaxB, DBO, Unix scripting, hp/ux, linux, blades, PV Graph, FirstLogic/BusinessObjects ACE address sanitation/standardization
Fulfillment of Bachelor requirements for Computer Science
Bachelor of Science - Business Administration