- Security/Information Assurance
- Systems Administration
- Windows Installation/Configuration
- Programming and Leading teams
- Desktop Support/Maintenance
- Application Support
- Disaster Recovery
- LAN/WAN Management/Troubleshooting
Las Vegas, NV
Financial Systems Administrator
- Serve as the Information Assurance Officer (IAO), ensure all DoD, AF and local policies are used according to current IA publications, ensure everyone is aware of their IA responsibilities and grant access according to their need-to-know and clearance classification. Implement and maintain required IA countermeasures to include computer security and emissions security.
- Provide financial systems, desktops, and applications support for two geographically separate bases (Nellis & Creech), 6 Air Force Wings, 52 tenant units, and 500+ users.
- Track equipment life cycles, procure hardware/software solutions, perform maintenance and complete bear metal to production floor migrations.
- Manage user groups & account permissions/scope within Active Directory
- Liaison between, management, local domain techs, 3rd party techs and end users to escalate and resolve issues, which are beyond the local scope.
- Provide training on security, best practices for information assurance, and basic computer usage.
- Manage software license manager program and perform DoD computer security compliance; provide hot fixes, patches.
Kunsan AB Republic of Korea
Financial Systems Administrator
- Served as the Information Assurance Officer (IAO), ensured all DoD, AF and local policies were used according to current IA publications, ensured everyone was aware of their IA responsibilities and granted access according to their need-to-know and clearance classification. Implemented and maintained required IA countermeasures to include computer security and emissions security.
- Provided financial systems, desktops, and applications for 260+ users at the remote overseas Air Force base of Kunsan.
- Tracked equipment life cycles, procured hardware/software solutions, performed maintenance and completed bear metal to production floor migrations.
- Managed user groups & account permissions/scope within Active Directory
- Liaison between, management, local domain techs, 3rd party techs and end users to escalate and resolved issues that were beyond the local scope.
- Provided training on security, best practices for information assurance, and basic computer usage.
- Managed software license manager program and perform DoD computer security compliance; provided hot fixes, patches.
Database Administrator, Dept. Manager & Lead Programmer
- Built a real-time relational database and maintained existing databases to facilitate company expansion; used Object Oriented methodologies to remodel data and storage/import procedures.
- Designed, developed and implemented a web portal using MS Visual Studio and web class's technology. The portal allowed internal/external customers access to their profile and data.
- At the 2000 Satellite Trade Show in Las Vegas, I presented the features and functionality of the portal to company executives, vendors and clients. Managed the database department and lead the programming team.
State of SC
- Throughout State Farm agencies in South Carolina, Installed IBM Servers and ThinkPad Laptops; updated NT4.0 workstations, and installed token ring LANs.
- Trained agents and staff on the use of systems and procedures; provided ongoing support.
Systems Administrator, WAN Engineer
- Installed and maintained Novell/Windows NT based networks including security/performance management, set up of DHCP/WINS/DNS/network printers/storage, and configured software.
- Served as project manager and lead a team of nine developers, artists, and animators.
- Developed and maintained GUI front-end and custom databases query/reporting application.
- Designed ISP WAN topology, procured, installed, and configured equipment (servers, routers), set up web, email, proxy, news, and FTP servers, and designed enterprise website.
- Provided financial and legal oversight; including copyrights and managed all supply chain activity.
Applications Programmer, Statistician
- Programmed databases and spreadsheets to track 100 plus million products; providing management with historical data trends.
- Automated mainframe retrieval for reports through development of a Visual Basic program.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for a 250+ node network with mixed operating systems.
Applications Programmer, Inventory Control Statistician
- Provided statistical information/programs on production inventory and staff performance; maintained and tracked 23 claim categories across six plans through full production process.
- Created, analyzed, edited, and tested computer software including the development of a time saving electronic bulletin board; maintained multiple workstations and software applications.
- Performed maintenance on mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic systems on missiles and carriers; inspected missiles for Nuclear Arms Disbandment Treaty.
- Selected as one of 45 soldiers to perform all levels of preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of 27+ nuclear missiles and carriers.