Windows: Windows Server 2003.2008, LDAP, Active Directory
Networking: Excellent knowledge of DNS, DHCP, WINS, TCP/IP, SMTP, NAT and network related technologies such as LAN/WAN topologies.
Storage and SAN Technologies: Brocade switches, Zoning, LUN creation and assignments.
Enterprise Backup Solutions Expert: Brightstor, Veritas ( Backup Exec ) tape libraries, dedupe technologies.
- Network Design and Implementation
- Citrix Meta Frame
- LAN Switches, Configuration and Optimization
- Messaging Systems
- Firewall installation and Configuration
- Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory
- Quantum Scalar i2000 Tape Library
- SSL VPN Solutions/IPSec VPN
- Server Configuration and Maintenance( HP,Dell,IBM )
- Anti-Virus Solutions
- Experience with Sniffers, Ethereal/Net General
October 2010 - May 2012
Responsibilities: Responsible for maintaining and supporting all users, computers, network and servers at CMI, and ensuring that CMIs IT needs are met. Responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing data backups and the IT-related components of disaster recovery and business continuity plans. Ensure that CMIs IT environment can support the business needs both current and planned. Support the perpetuation of CMIs desired culture and the execution of CMIs Business Plan.
- Serve as technical support main point of contact by troubleshooting software, hardware & network issues for all users (on-site & remote).
- Maintain after hours availability for employees
- Set up desktops/laptops for new employees, perform routine workstation, server & network maintenance and ensure that all workstations and servers stay current with required security patches
- Manage the process for any new software or upgrades, ensuring that such installs/upgrades are implemented smoothly
- Manage file archive process on shared network drive
- Effectively delegate support tickets to other support staff to ensure that the CMI IT SLA terms are met.
- Protect network from outside threats by ensuring that virus protection is up-to-date throughout the network; manage router & firewall settings to ensure that the network is continually protected, monitor intrusion detection system logs for threats.
- Ensure that all CMI data security policies are followed
- Manage FTP/SFTP site, including new user requests, troubleshooting, disabling inactive accounts, etc.
- Juniper IDS Appliance ( IDP 75 )
- Juniper Firewalls
- VMWare ESXI 5.0
- Corporate SAN Management, MSA 1000,MSA30
- WhatsUpGold version 15 Network Monitoring Tools.
- Evault Data Backup ( Storage Backup ) Dual Vault Environment
- Symantec Ghost Server install Configure and maintain
- Configuring GPO policies in domain Environment.
- installing and configuring WSUS Server and clients
- Hands on Support in Active Directory Environments ( windows 2003,2008 )
- Windows XP, Windows 7 OS
- Solid experience with DNS and DHCP for domain environments
- Microsoft Exchange 2003,2007 administration experience
- Network Wired and Wireless backup experience
Team Lead/IT Support
February 2010 - October 2010
Responsibilities: Responsible for providing technical support for resolution or escalation of desktop/workgroup related problems or requests initiated by Fulton County schools. Provide the initial point of contact for technical problems and perform troubleshooting tasks, problem diagnosis, resolution, or escalation. Possess advanced knowledge of hardware and software components, local to the desktop and as it relates to the network. Responsible for setup, installation, and configuration of desktop hardware and software. Work on problems of moderate scope and complexity and oversee a team of 5 or more technicians. Currently provide team with guidance for routine work, and specific direction is supplied for new or special assignments. Provide technical assistance with documentation, implementation, operation and support of infrastructure systems, including LAN support, systems administration, hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Configure Promethean Interactive boards
- Server hardware configuration and repair
- Active Directory administration
June 2007 - August 2009
Responsibilities: Managed all corporate backups by planning for the S1 Data Center. Provided backup services for Windows, Unix, Linux, databases, MS Exchange, Oracle and more using Brightstor Arcserve Enterprise backup from Computer Associates (standard backup methodology was based on weekly full backups and daily incremental). Extensive experience with Quantum Scalar i2000 libraries. Nightly backup schedule consisted of approximately 750 Production and Pre-Production servers. Responsible for the daily off-site tape transport to Iron Mountain as well as any recalls which were needed for customer requested restores. Maintained all audit records for the auditors, SAS70, PCI and various other industry standards. Part of a four man storage team which was responsible for all storage and backups. Installed and maintained all backup Servers in the backup environment and provided all needed patches. Provided a monthly report to management on all servers in the backup rotation. Meet with various dept heads on a monthly basis to discuss backups and to make sure all new servers were added to the rotation. Provided all upgrades to the backup environment.
- NetApps N-series 6070 cluster 7.3.1.P2
- SVC- San Volume Controller 2145 version 18.104.22.168
- Brocade Switch - DS-16B2
- Brocade switches - DS - 16B3
- Brocade switches - DS - 32B2
- Brocade switches - DS - 4100B
- Brocade switches - DS - 4900B
- Brightstor Enterprise Ed version 12.5, 12.1, 11.5 - SP4
July 2002 - June 2007
Responsibilities: Designed and implemented current backup/restore infrastructure for the Kroger Atlanta regional Office. Maintained backup/restore for Kroger Regional Office and 4 remote sites. Strategic Planning, interface with Corporate Office, administration of Windows Active Directory on associated servers (150 servers ). Conduct maintenance and backup servers. Adhere to Enterprise Computing Standards (corporate directive) for naming conventions and hierarchy. Support users with basic questions on computer operations and troubleshoot email. Order technology HW as needed. Support for Windows XP systems and provide training of Systems to needed personnel. Maintain integral relationship with Webmasters and associated servers. Manage all technological assets. Provide assistance with the preparation of ROI and new product R & D.
- WSUS Server
- Sonicwall 200,2000,4000 SSL VPN Solution
- Sonicwall Firewall TZ and Pro Series
- Sonicwall CDP Tapeless Backup
- Castelle Faxmain Faxserver
- Windows 2003 Server/Active Directory-Excellent knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 5.5/2000/2003
- Novell 6.5 OS
- Arcserve Brightstor 11.5 - Extensive knowledge in all aspect of backup/restore procedures.
- Veritas Backup Solutions
- Disaster Recovery Planning/ testing
- Project Documentation- Network documentation experience, Visio 2003,2007
- Excellent knowledge of DNS, DHCP, WINS, TCP/IP, SMTP, NAT and network related technologies such as LAN/WAN topologies, transports and routing.
- Excellent knowledge of HP/COMPAQ Intel based server hardware and rack deployment
September 2000 - January 2002
Responsibilities: Ensured peak performance of LAN and servers. "Owned" resolutions of customer service request tickets. Installed the latest software upgrades for all servers including virus protection. Ensured LAN had enough capacity and tape backup capability to support worldwide operations. Ensured LAN processes (i.e., Change Management, Problem Management and Integration Management) were being followed. Primary responsibilities included day-to-day maintenance and administration of Exchange 5.5 Security systems, firewalls (Pix, checkpoint and rules and Policies) Audits, planning, design and implementation.
- Arcserve 2000 - Responsible for evaluation and implementation of all corporate servers including daily tape backup procedures
- Windows 2000 - Participated on a team to migrate environment from NT 4.0 to Windows 2000
- Exchange 5.5/2000 - Designed/rolled out four sites with approximately five servers and 500 users
- Project Documentation - Provided detailed documentation of corporate infrastructure
- HP Openview - Experience with HP Openview
- Completed Data ONTAP Fundamentals for the N-Series 6070
- Certified Novell Engineer (CNE)
- HP Laser Jet Certified
- HDI Certified
Associate in Science, Computer Engineering Technology
General Studies Diploma