Manager / Senior Manager / Director
Driving competitive advantage and groundbreaking technology solutions for business leaders through
Innovation, Financial Acumen, Global Collaboration and Team Leadership.
Business savvy Information Technology manager with over 10 years of progressive and diverse experience. Background includes success with high-performance global organization clients in financial services, business services/outsourcing, healthcare, and life sciences. Able to develop and improve IT strategies ensuring business alignment that drives optimal operational performance; establish and evaluate corporate-level as well as business-unit programs and policies. Enviable leadership track record building and developing effective, efficient and robust teams. Expert IT functional leader for business integration.
- IVR & Call Center Operations | Security / Disaster Recovery | Network Planning / Infrastructure Design
- Project Management | Business Case Development | Customer Satisfaction & Client Centric
- Vendor & Contract Management | Reporting & Compliance | Executive Summaries and Presentations
- Process Redesign & Workflows | Acquisitions Integration | Staff Development / Team Building
Information technology Adjunct professor, Confidential, Phoenix, Arizona 2010 - 2011
Provide classroom instruction on various discipline and topics in accordance with the college\'s requirements. Lecture and communicate effectively with students of diverse backgrounds ensure understanding expectations for the course; Challenge students, encourage participation and attendance, and motivate students to apply critical thinking. Provide effective counseling to prevent student dropouts and assisted in student retention for the school. Work closely with peer professors in training them and developing labs to supplement the lectures. Worked with administration staff on broader institutional issues.
- Lecture and Design classroom several labs including installation and configuration exercises for Microsoft 2003 enterprise serve, Active directory/Domain Controller, DNS and DHCP administration; Microsoft Exchange 2003 Enterprise, Administration of Exchange 2003 server and Outlook 2003/2007 client on Windows XP workstation. Troubleshoot DNS/DHCP along with introduction to Active Directory troubleshooting. Create LAN accounts and user roaming profiles to login to Windows XP. Mapped Exchange accounts to simulate real time messaging by sending email across the LAN;
- Lecture and Design labs for networking concepts course introducing different technology and topologies eliminating outdated technology. The labs were predominately client/server, which included more of Windows 2003 Enterprise and Active Directory. Include layer 2 configurations for creating Local Area Network. Troubleshoot layer 2 issues, Created Cate5 straight through, Cross Over, RJ45 Ethernet/T1 Loopback plugs, T1 standard and cross over cables to simulate a T1 circuit for students to observe on Cisco Router.
- Lecture and design labs for Cisco Networking following the Cisco Network Academy covering LAN Switching & Routing
- Create real world scenarios to challenge student\'s ability to troubleshoot using the OSI model as a frame of reference.
Information Technology Manager, Confidential, New York, New York 2007 - 2009
Managed network operations for global financial services firm with four data centers, two in US and two in India for 24/7 coverage. Key areas included daily network operations, staff training and development, system design, upgrades, hardware and software purchasing, installation, and configuration, licensing compliance, and security / disaster planning. Researched and adapted new technologies to boost operation performance, client services, and department reputation. Additional duties included telecommunications support, vendor selection and management.
- Established operational process improvements including ITIL controls and documentation resulting in streamlined procedures across multiple departments. Played a leading role developing and implementing services and support for infrastructures resulting in improved product support and customer satisfaction. Developed strategies improving troubleshooting abilities of the company on a global level.
- Directed routine system-wide and departmental system upgrades, including OS for desktops and Exchange 2003, BES server, Domain Controllers, Citrix 4.5, Symantec Backup servers in an Active Directory environment, maintaining corporate desktop images, applications, and network peripherals. Oversaw helpdesk functions, including user training. Supported front end salesforce CRM for sales team.
Information Technology Manager, Confidential, New York, New York 2007 - 2009
- Collaborated with IT management across regions to establish Quality Assurance standards. Implemented system administrator on-call schedule dramatically improving worldwide outages and change ticket resolution following ITIL v3 industry standards.
- Upgraded Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager for US operations, and spearheaded development of a formally non-existent customer service satisfaction review process.
- Helped internal team audit resulting in SAS70 certification.
- Conducted postmortem meetings addressing outages and communicating with all stakeholders in identifying RCA.
Regional Technology Management, Confidential, Jersey City, New Jersey 2001 - 2007
Performed as technical and management leader ensuring optimized mission-critical network systems. Developed project plans integrating business acquisitions, improving existing systems and other IT initiatives supporting 1,000+ users and the trading floor. Managed the vendor bid process and negotiated contracts. Developed standard operating procedures (SOP). Managed training, troubleshooting and disaster recovery. Build out Call Center Bangalore India to support our sales marketing team CRM (salesforce) deployment and using application such as Mercury for project portfolio and Sharepoint as cloud solutions for sharing documentations. Recruit and hire call center manager to handle call center operations.
- Introduced upgrades to enterprise infrastructure and improved business processes and workflows for multiple business units by implementing ITIL v1 which resulted in 2003 Presidential Award
- Led 2002 network build for New York and New Jersey offices entailed deployment of Network General Sniffer, installation of 8700Avaya and Cisco 6000, 6500 equipment that supported VOIP solution.
- Researched wireless and security systems, solicited vendor bids and directed the company's wireless build-out. reduced project costs 18% through effective negotiations with a cabling supplier.
- Led IP reclamation project reducing address consumption ensuring seamless Windows XP system migration.
- Reduced trouble call volume to the company's Techline by providing advanced troubleshooting training. Other training included service and technology protocols, change management, infrastructure installation, and asset management. Instituted a peer review process to increase build documentation skills.
- Assessed Bangalore, India vendors for build out of a temporary site for four business units supporting 300 end users. Infrastructure consisted of redundant circuit, 25 server, and 8700 Avaya PBX 6500 Cisco switches.
- Conducted business continuity planning (BCP) testing with multiple business units; audited server infrastructure, capacity and layer 2 configurations.
- Managed ordering circuits and conducting head-to-head testing with carriers.
Network Project Manager, Confidential, West Caldwell, New Jersey1994 - 2001
Effectively planning, orchestrated, and managed network and data center development projects for clients with varied business requirements and in multiple industries. Maintained high level of customer trust through relationship building, transparent communications, and consistent delivery of services at budget and on time.
- Developed and presented project proposals, and directed teams in implementing infrastructure for point-of-presence (POP) sites in the Northeast region. Conducted quality reviews and assured trained technicians in operating procedures.
- Directed teams in desktop installations of thin client and printers and networked data communications hardware to achieve technical objectives on time and under budget
- Assessed cooling, power, HVAC, and connectivity against industry standards for rack location units (RLU) implemented recommendation to ensure effective data center design
- Performed site survey for building NJTCS nationwide network supporting data, video, and voice services.
- Developed client technical documentation on network design, security, planning, and testing.
- Defined client encryption technology requirements to comply with US technology export regulations.
- Manage installation of Cisco equipment to provide internet service for clients leasing office space
Master of Business Administration
Master of Science in Information Technology
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Additional coursework: IP Multicasting | Influencing: How to Achieve Results | Harvard Business School - Constructive
Conflict & Leading Teams with Emotional Intelligence | Computer Associate Sniffer University