Have more than 2 years experience as a Unix infrastructure administrator with strong background in various flavors of Unix; Solaris, Linux and Apache web server technologies. Have results driven approach and a good team player with strong communication skills.
Solaris 8, 9, RedHat Linux , X86 architecture, Compaq, and IBM’s, Dell, Sun Netra servers, E3500, E4500 server, , NT server 4, Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Veritas Netbackup, Apache, SSH, and TCP/IP.
Computer Information SystemsDiploma in Computer Education Training
UNIX Solaris systems Admin
Linux RedHat System Admin
Security+ Certified Professional
Network+ Certified Professional (NCP).
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) on NT server 4 and Windows 2003
A+ Certified Professional IT Technician
Unix Administrator May 2008 - Present
- Install Solaris 9
- Install RedHat Enterprise Linux 4
- Configure apache web server 1.3.
- Monitor server performance
- Monitor system logs and activities on all servers
- Perform host security
- Perform User account administration
- Configure virtual host containers for clients’ web sites
- Troubleshoot hardware issues
- Resolve TCP/IP issues
- Resolve application clients issues
- Attend and actively participate in weekly meetings
- Administer backup/restore using veritas netbackup
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and configure printers over the network
- Perform patch installation and maintain system patches
- Turn off all vulnerable services
Unix Administrator July 2007 – May 2008
- Installed Solaris 9
- Performed user account administration
- Performed host security
- Configured Virtual host containers for clients’ web site
- Set up servers to communicate with host attached array
- Turned off all vulnerable services
- Did patch installation
- Configured Apache web server 1.3.63
- Monitored server performance
- Resolved TCP/IP issues
- Did log administration to detect system errors
- Liaise with Sun support on hardware issues where necessary
Test Support Specialist Tier 1(February 2002- June 30th 2007).
Performed User Accounts Administration
- Did Performance system Monitoring
- Provide technical support to sprint pcs customers on wireless web.
- Troubleshoot to sprint pcs customer for existing and new wireless webProduct.
- Troubleshoot and work on various sprint pcs software system to handle orders, cancellation plus delivery like P2K, CLARIFY, ACTIVIEW, AND PREMIERE.Network
Analyst (February 1999 – March. 2003).
- Provide technical support to customer on DSL.
- Provision end-user as required to fulfill customer portfolio.
- Troubleshoot and work on various Verizon software systems to handle orders, cancellation plus delivery like NCON, BANDI, PAWS, SOAC, AWS, LOMS, WFA-DI, SWITCHES, ATMS-TLI, VMCS AND DNMS.
- Conduct usability testing from DSLAM to central office.
- Perform technical support to junior level management.
- Provide technical support to broadband end-user both on-line and remotely.
- Monitored VPI/VCI setting and PVC’s to check for cross connection to the router.
- Handle customer appeals plus escalations.
- Conduct root cause analysis of the reasons why customers call technical support.
- Performed provisioning, operational maintenance and troubleshot trunk, built and deleted integrated cross connection on AT&T/LUCENT 5ESS central office switches.
- Set port configuration on Redback, Alcatel and Cisco routers and switches, 3COM TCM chassis and modem.