- 11 years of experience as a Registered Nurse working in the emergency room, jail, homecare, hospice, and long term care.
- 7 years of experience as a medical assistant in a laboratory setting.
Assistant Director of Nursing
- Assist the Director of Nursing. 125 bed skilled long term care facility with over 100 employees.
- Assist the staff with the care, management and discharge planning to home.
- Assisted with staff education, new staff orientation, wound nurse, infection control nurse, and would be flexible to assist with open positions on the unit.
- Monitor resident's for change in condition and notify the MD, educate patients on meds and treatments.
- Corporate compliance officer, report events to the department of health, manage the independent living unit, monitor lab values and assist with medication administration.
- Implementing policies and procedures
- Staff management: employee corrective action, interviews and the hiring process
- Prior authorizations
- As a case manager caseload would be approximately 4 - 6 patients daily. Home visits made and patient was managed from home.
- Vital signs, IV's, medication education, wound care, accessing ports, assessment, scheduling md appointments as needed, lab draws, and reviewing patient history.
- Doctors updated as needed.
- Hospice nurse: Symptom management, pain control, medication management, chemotherapy administration, ONC certification, family education and emotional support system.
- Agency nursing that would include going to facilities to fulfill nursing needs.
- As an RN supervisor duties included working as a nurse, med pass, treatments, IV's, wound care, assessment skills, staff education, monitoring infection control, CPR, lab draws, picc line care, trach care, accessing ports, staffing on the unit assigned, and any other needed duties.
Emergency Room Nurse
- 10 bed unit staffed with 2 RN's on the nightshift
- While working in the emergency room duties would include: CPR, assist the MD in trauma cases, assist with sutures, intravenous medication administration, intravenous insertion, assist with mechanical ventilation, injections, wound care, lab draws, assessments, prepping patient for the OR, medication education, triage, vital signs, discharge teaching, cardioversion, ekg's and computer skills.