- Highly motivated professional with a background in multiple facets of Information Technology, from systems/database administration to IT team management and consulting.
- Proven leader with five years of team lead, supervisory and management experience.
- Quick learner who adapts easily to new situations/technologies and enjoys solving challenging problems.
- Loyal, responsible worker who is extremely focused on delivering service excellence to both employer and client.
- Demonstrated proficiency in change, incident and release management, vendor management and escalation, budgeting, purchasing and procurement.
HP-UX Systems Administrator/Consultant (02/2009 present)
Confidential, Memphis, TN (International Paper)
Managed several HP-UX servers on both PA-RISC (HP9000) and IA64 (Integrity) platforms running 11.11 through 11.31 in preparation for a major migration from the network of an acquired company to International Paper’s network/domain. Coordinated with both groups to ensure that cutover is as unobtrusive as possible. Migrated servers from local HP storage and HP MSA arrays to EMC Symmetrix and Clariion SAN storage using both Emulex and HP HBA’s.
SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER II ( 12/2008- 02/2009)
Confidential, Tallahassee, FL
Performed Ethical hacking on internet/intranet web applications to ensure security using HP WebInspect for the IT Security team. Also used Tivoli Identity Manager running on RedHat Linux servers in conjunction with LDAP to manage user accounts and application access.
INFRASTRUCTURE SPECIALIST/SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (1999 2008)
Confidential, Plano, TX
Coordinated efforts of an international team to resolve O/S and hardware incidents/problems on hundreds of multi-platform UNIX servers for multiple clients on a 24/7 basis. Charged with the installation and configuration of several new HP servers at the operating systems level using both dvd-rom installations and Ignite-UX. Worked with storage administrators and configured EMC Symmetrix and Clariion storage on the server side.
- Managed internal and vendor escalations as needed to ensure prompt and correct resolution of issues ensuring customer service excellence.
- Personally responsible for Change/Release and Incident management using ITIL processes for over one hundred HP servers on PA-RISC and IA64 platforms running various versions of HP-UX through 11.23 with over a 99% SLA success rate.
- Configured physical partitions ( nPars ) and the first virtual partitions (vPars) on HP Superdome servers using HP Partition Manager for the client using Hewlett Packard’s partitioning application, thereby providing significant cost savings to the customer.
- Installed, configured and maintained high availability clusters utilizing HP MC/Serviceguard, ensuring that client applications were accessible as required.
- Performed semi-annual patching for approximately 130 servers per client SLA requirements.
- Worked with other EDS systems administrators to develop standards for HP-UX server installations that were adopted corporate-wide.
- Served on Y2K transition team and performed O/S and applications upgrades and patching that resulted in a 100% seamless rollover.
CONSULTANT/SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (1998 1999)
Responsible for systems administration for various servers running multiple operating systems, such as OpenVMS on both VAX and Alpha platforms, HP-UX and Sun Solaris for a telecomm client. Performed configuration management and version control using CMS for software changes from test/development to UAT and production.
- Provided technical planning and systems administration for client data center move from Ft. Myers, FL to Waltham, MA that was completed well within the customer-allotted time.
OPEN SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY MANAGER (1995 1998)
Managed a team of systems administrators, developers and database administrators in support of various high-visibility applications, to include the Budgeting/HR, Fleet/Operations and Public Library systems. Recommended budgeting to Assistant IT Director and procured equipment using various vendors.
- Initiated and completed an effort to transition the Budgeting/HR application to a newer, more supportable platform that resulted in an 85% time reduction in payroll processing and saved the County over $30K/year in maintenance costs.
SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER (1991 - 1995)
Worked as part of systems/database administration, networking and special projects team. Performed systems administration on DEC VAX and Alpha servers running the OpenVMS and Windows NT operating systems.
- Installed the agency’s first Windows NT servers on DEC Alpha platform.
- Tasked with database administration of Progress V6 and V7 database to include design, implementation and optimization for the Department’s inmate reception process.
SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (1989 1991)
Administered a clustered VAX system running VMS in support of the MUMPS-based Composite Health Care System (CHCS).
Performed troubleshooting on various hardware, software and operational issues. Provided assistance to local users in all clinical functional areas and served as a Beta site for all application testing.
- HP-UX Certified Systems Administrator
- Hands on With MC/ServiceGuard
- Perl Programming
- POSIX Shell Programming
- HP-UX Systems and Network Administration II
- HP-UX Partition Management with Vpars and Npars
- Sun Cluster 3.2 Administration