I possess operational, technical and management expertise in a wide array of applications, operating systems, communications and client/server technologies. I also possess a demonstrated and acknowledged aptitude for diplomatically solving problems as well as substantial experience with individual and group training. My success in these areas is largely attributable to the willingness and initiative to explore avenues not routinely traveled by others.Academic Education
M.S. Computer Systems Management
B.S. Computer and Information Science
Professional ExperienceConfidential, November 2008 to September 2010
- Integral member of the Server Support Team (SST) for the Joint Medical Logistics Functional Development Center (JMLFDC) for the Air Force, Army, Navy and Marine Corps.
- Supported the in-house design, development, testing, deployment and administration of the DoD standard medical logistics system 160+ servers' environment.
- Deployment and maintenance of Windows systems and applications software, including Oracle and related technologies, in multiple clusters worldwide.
- Staging severs, loading necessary software, databases, data patches, add/remove hardware as necessary, apply incremental software builds, troubleshoot issues, and maintain documentation.
- Developed and built a virtual server environment utilizing VMware ESX and ESXi with vCenter.
- Integral member working with the Senior Technical Support personnel for the certification and accreditation of the JMLFDC Computer Room (C & A) (DITSCAP/DIACAP).
Confidential, Network Engineer.
- Retained as part of the Data Center Team to solve problems in a computing and networking environment.
- Detected, diagnosed and resolved network failures. Managed Symantec Veritas Backup Exec, the Norton AntiVirus solution, and Disaster Recovery.
- Managed HP Systems Insight Manager for all servers and resolved any reported errors.
- Utilized Patch Management Services from ZENworks Configuration Management for monthly patching of servers.
Confidential, Network and Infrastructure Manager
- Retained to manage the network and infrastructure for Autoscribe Corporation and Lyons Commercial Data.
- Coordinated internal support resources.
- Management and coordination of the production, test and development environments, databases, voice system, surveillance system, application servers, firewalls, routers, switches, and security in accordance with Payment Card Industry - Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) requirements, redundancy, and collocation.
- Leading and training the Help Desk department team.
- Leading and managing projects to completion, and managing consultants.
- Management and coordination of all vendors' relationship.
- Providing recommendations and advice for capacity planning, business continuity and security needs.
Confidential, Computing and Network Center - Windows Systems
- Retained to provide server's hardware and software installation, configuration and provisioning on a national and international level to Marriott operational units.
- Quality Assurance of Servers to ensured compliance with systems specification of the Network Center.
- Prepared documentation, standards, policies and procedures for as installed equipment.
- Helped the Operations Command Center with multi-tier technical support in diagnosing and troubleshooting systems level problems to meet or exceed Service Level Agreements to proactively managing the Marriott Enterprise Network.
Manager, Information Technology Systems and Services
- Responsible for the corporate network providing technology leadership and supporting four divisions with offices throughout the USA and internationally, reporting directly to the Corporate Executive Vice President.
- Developed, designed and implemented network improvements, including infrastructure, replacement and update of servers, virtual servers, clusters, firewalls, proxy, secure access appliances, switches and routers.
- Managed a team to provide local and national help desk user support services.
- Defined and implemented IT policies, procedures, standards, and best practices.
- Created short and long-term strategic IT planning. Hiring and mentoring IT employees and managing outside consultants. Negotiating and managing third party vendors' agreements.
- Developed and delivered required inventory, maintenance and management reports; including budgeting. Developed and oversight of IT required projects.
- Jorgensen is a professional engineering organization, with over 300 employees, joint ventures firms and associated consultants worldwide, major clients include: Toyota Motor Sales USA; the State of Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) highways and toll roads, and other State and local projects.
- All clients were supported in whole or in part by network services from Corporate Headquarters, consisting of Deltek Advantage Accounting System; Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) based on Siebel; EMail System, based on Microsoft Windows Exchange/Outlook 2003 and Microsoft Windows data, print sharing system, Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP; Virtual Systems (VMware ESX); Mobile; Backup and Recovery; Citrix XP and MetaFrame; NetApp NAS; SQL Server; SharePoint; Security Systems; Extranet; Web sites; Firewall and routers (Juniper, Cisco, HP) in support of Jorgensen and clients users.
Constellation Energy Group - BGE
- Retained to review, audit, and evaluate 1,800 software applications for consolidation, licensing, and upgrade cost issues.
- Provided assistance with the company wide MS Windows 2000 Server, AD and XP upgrade effort for 8,300+ workstations.
- Supporting 120 Access databases move/conversion from Access 97 to XP (2002) version.
- Handled LANDesk custom queries, and updated database software information.
- Created and presented complicated weekly migration status repots to diverse recipients.
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Retained to conduct an extensive Microsoft Software Products License Agreement Study for the SEC, which I personally presented to management, including the CIO, Directors, and others.
- The recommendations made in my study were approved and implemented, resulting in a cost saving to the SEC of over four million dollars.
Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) Staff Systems Engineer
- Performed technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses were performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal.
- Developed solutions to complex problems, which required the regular use of ingenuity and innovation with a sound knowledge of related disciplines.
- This required the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams of engineers in fast paced and virtual work environment.
Confidential, Senior Network Engineer/LAN-WAN Developer
- Provided technical leadership to programs and projects under the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Headquarters Network Support contract.
- This entailed designing, implementing and supporting LANs and WANs with multiple servers and multiple protocols with over 5,000 diverse users.
- Defined project scope and objectives, preparing project plans with identified resources, cost, milestones, and time lines.
- Established and documented standards for network architecture.
- Planned and coordinated total network integration.
- Developed and leaded technical projects.
- Evaluated network hardware and software requirements and capabilities, and make recommendations.
- Coordinated and acted as liaison with other functional departments and contractors to facilitate completion of technical projects.
- Provided technical support and consultation for EPA technologies within EPA's headquarters network, and presented technical briefings to management.
- The aforementioned necessitated staying current with emerging industry technologies.
Senior Systems Analyst/Network Engineer
- Provided engineering and operational support for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Environmental Management (EM) Offices, consisting of 700+ users located at 5 different sites.
- This entailed hands-on designing, implementing, testing, monitoring and supporting network (LAN/WAN) solutions using a wide range of products.
- Responsible for the installation and management of numerous Microsoft and Novell NetWare servers, Novell ZENworks, and the Network Management System (ManageWise), inclusive of configuration/ reconfiguration of all connectivity devices (routers, switches, bridges, hubs).
- Developed, implemented and managed the network test lab for the DOE network environment.
- Integral member of the design, migration and implementation team for Novell, NetWare Directory Services (NDS) for the EM-LAN/WAN.
- Responsible for MS System Management Server (SMS) testing and implementation.
- Team leader for Year 2000 (Y2K) compliance; Team Leader for the network fault tolerance; Team Leader for MS Windows NT and MS Windows 95 upgrade/migration from MS DOS/Windows 3.11 for all DOE EM sites; Team Leader for MS Windows 2000 testing.
- Responsible for conducting an independent design and utilization overview of the DOE EM EMail system equipment (LAN segments), developed an existing and proposed equipment geographic diagram, reported findings and recommendations for enhancement of EMail hardware utilization, which was adopted and successfully implemented.
Technical SkillsOperating Systems - Servers - MS Windows 2003/2000 Standard & Enterprise Editions - MS Windows NT - MS Exchange Server 2003/2000 - MS System Center Operations Manager 2007 (SCOM) - MS Operations Manager 2005 (MOM) - MS System Center Configuration Manager 2007 (SCCM) - MS Systems Management Server 2003 (SMS) - MS Windows Server Update Services 3.0 (WSUS) - MS SQL Server 2003 - MS Windows Mobile - MS Windows XP Professional - Novell NetWare - UNIX - VMware Server - VMware ESX and ESXi Server - VMware vSphere 4 - VMware vCenter Server - VMware vConverter - VMware Workstation - Citrix MetaFrame XP and Presentation Server. Software - Ad-Aware Professional & Enterprise - Adobe Acrobat - BlackBerry - Cisco WebEx (Web Conferencing) - Camtasia Studio - CiscoWorks - Dell OpenManager - F-PROT Antivirus - Firefox - GSView (Ghostscript) - GFI MailEssentials - Good Mobile (EMail/Messanging) - HP SmartStart - HP iLO - HP Systems Insight Manager - HP Web Jetadmin - ImageBlaster - Internet Exchange - Macromedia Dreamweaver & Fireworks - McAfee VirusScan - MS Internet Explorer - MS MapPoint - MS NetMeeting - MS Office Professional Plus (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Access, Outlook) - MS Project - MS SharePoint - MS Visio - NetApp Data ONTAP - Nero - Netscape - Novell BorderManager - Novell ConsoleOne - Novell ZENworks - OmniPage - Oracle - PVCS Tracker - Polycom PictureTel - Remedy - Roxio Creator - Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Veritas Backup Exec - Symantec Ghost Solution Suite - triCerat (for Citrix) - Wireshark - Windows Life Messenger - WinZip - jZIP. Hardware - Servers: Virtual Servers/Clusters - Workstations - PCs/Notebooks/Tablet/Docking Stations - Printers/Laser Printers/Color Printers - Plotters - Scanners - Projection Panels - Tape Drivers, DLTs, AITs, LTOs, Autoloaders - NAS/SAN - CDs/DVDs - UPSs - Wireless Modems & Phone Services - Cubix Server Systems - SonicWALL - Juniper NetScreen (firewall) and Juniper Routers - NetApp NetCache & Filer - Cisco Hubs/Bridges/Switches/Routers/Gateways/Firewalls. Professional Certifications and Other Training
- CompTIA Security+ (2008 Edition) - 2009
- VMware ESX 3.x Server, VMware Education Services - 2007
- Installing, Administering & Optimizing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 - 2006
- Microsoft Windows Solution 2003 - 2005
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) 2003,
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Fast Track Training - 2004
- INFOSEC Professional Training, Lockheed Martin - 2002
- Team Lead, Lockheed Martin - 2001
- Systems Engineering Process, Lockheed Martin - 2001
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) 95 &
- Certified Novell Engineer (CNE) NetWare 5.x,
- Certified Novell Administrator (CNA) NetWare 5.x,
- Certified Novell Engineer (CNE) IntraNetWare 4.11,
- Cleared by DoD, NACLC (National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check) (Active), 2008.
- Cleared by U.S. SEC, National Security Position (inactive), 2002.
- Cleared by U.S. EPA to work with Confidential Business Information (CBI) (inactive), 2000.
- Foreign Languages Continental Spanish (Castilian) - speak, read, and write fluently.