- Redhat Certified Engineer RHEL6
- Redhat Certified System Administrator RHEL6
- Software Consultant - Working directly with customers as a Veritas/ Confidential Storage Foundation High Availability Consultant
Programming: Perl, Bash, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, SQL, MySQL, Oracle
- Developing automation solutions with the goal of increasing the resiliency of Confidential 's Currency Transaction Reporting processes across multiple platforms.
- Areas of automation include:
- Monitoring and notifications
- Troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Application deployment and configuration management
- Task execution and batch processing
- Collection of metrics and associated reporting
Linux System Administrator
- Providing 24x7 support to 2500+ Red Hat Enterprise Linux v6.7 servers in a production, high performance, parallel computing environment.
- Supported Servers: IBM BladeCenter HS21/HS22 Chassis and blades, IBM x3950 M2, HP DL360 M5, HP DL380 G2, HP DL585 G5
- Supported Storage: Netapp Filers, ONTAP 8.0.1P5 7- Mode and Cluster Mode
- Supported Operating Systems: Redhat Enterprise Linux 4, 5 and 6
- Supported Databases: Oracle and Mysql
- Supported Software: PVM, Code Collaborator, Subversion, NIS, Perl, R, Python, C++, SAS, Nagios, Power Broker
- Scripting Languages: Perl, Ruby, PHP
Principle Solutions Consultant
- Provided consulting services to Confidential customers concerning solution design and implementation of Veritas Foundation products within the customer's environment.
- Worked directly with Confidential customer’s management in order to gain an understanding of their various application environments and to become familiar with their technical and business requirements.
- Partnered with Confidential customer’s System Architects in designing Veritas Storage Foundation High Availability solutions into their environments in accordance with best practices.
- Assisted Confidential customer’s Project Managers in planning tasks required to implement Confidential product solutions.
- Worked closely with Confidential customer’s System Administrators in implementing, testing and documenting Confidential product solutions as well as performing knowledge transfer with System Administrators on implemented solutions.
- Worked with System Administrators in upgrading previous Confidential product implementations.
- Worked closely with Confidential customer’s System Administrators in supporting and troubleshooting Veritas Storage Foundation High Availability solutions whenever issues and/or questions arose.
- Specialized in the following Confidential products on UNIX and Linux platforms: Veritas Volume Manager o Veritas File System Veritas Cluster Server to include Global Clustering o Veritas Volume Replicator o Veritas Cluster File System o Veritas Storage Foundation for Oracle RAC
- Developed, implemented and maintained software to monitor the operation and latency of the " Confidential Works" product from end to end via various protocols providing Confidential ' customer support, backend support and management with real time status information.
- Development tools: Perl, PHP, Oracle, Apache, ClearCase Version Control Software
- Maintained EDIwatch, an EDI monitoring application, as well as developed additional document monitoring gateways.
- Developed and implemented the EDI Document latency monitor to display graphical information concerning latent documents within the Inovisworks system.
- Developed the Inovisworks Health page to monitor the status of Inovisworks components.
- Developed and implemented auto build scripts for Inovisworks java application in the development environment.
- Developed Veritas Cluster Server custom agents for the components of the Inovisworks application using Perl.
- Deployed on short term Veritas consulting engagements leading Veritas customers through the implementation of Veritas high availability and disaster recovery products from pre-engagement preparations through to completion.
- Specialized in the areas of high availability and disaster recovery products on UNIX, Linux and Windows platforms with proven expertise with the following Veritas products:
- Veritas Cluster Server
- Veritas Volume Replicator # Advanced Cluster for Oracle RAC o Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) o Veritas File System (VxFS)
Lead Systems Programmer / Unix Systems Administrator
- Administered AGLR UNIX servers to include Sun hardware, storage arrays and Solaris operating systems.
- Supported servers hosting services such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, MQSeries, web servers, mail servers, and AGL mapping applications both in production and development environments.
- Administered all backup and restore activities for AGLR UNIX Servers.
Unix Systems Administrator
- Contracted as a Unix System Administrator to manage and maintain GE Capital Mortgage Sun Servers and attached storage.
- Performed numerous system installs, upgrades and patching.
- Developed shell scripts to record server availability
Technical Support Specialist
- Monitored and maintained all hardware, software and workflow processes associated with Confidential Loan Servicing Center Florida Document Imaging System to include the following:
- Administration of backend UNIX servers (Sun/Solaris)
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of desktop workstations, printers and Confidential high speed document scanners.
- Developed and maintained shell scripts to track documents through the imaging system as well as provide management with daily document processing productivity reports.
- Managed system backups for entire imaging system.