- My first computer experience was trying to catalog parts and manuals on an old Zenith Z100 that was covered an inch deep in dust.
- From there I worked Tandem Mainframes, PC Help - desk, Field Technician, managed desktops, ran miles of fiber, connected networks, routed millions of email for US Sailors using FreeBSD and installed the first Exchange Server on the island of Guam.
- Since then I've maintained a cross-platform discipline and continue to grow and encapsulate that knowhow.
- Today I design, manage, maintain and monitor both on-prem and cloud systems consisting of Windows, Linux, databases, web servers, email, networking and security.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Prior Top Secret Clearance
- PCI Security
- Logic Monitor
- Configuration Management
- Shell Scripting
- Unix / Linux 10+ years: Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, HPUX, Solaris, Apache, MySQL
- Confidential 10+ years: Server, Workstation, vCenter, vCloud, P2V, Migrations
- Windows Server 10+ years: Server, Workstation, Exchange, SQL, IIS
- Amazon Cloud 7 years: EC2, S3, Glacier, EBS, Route53, Cloud-Front, IAM Security, VPC
- Storage 10+ years: Netapp, 3PAR, EVA, Nimble, Tegile
- Networking 10+ years: DHCP, DNS, IP Routing, Cisco, Palo Alto, F5
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
Sr. Solutions Architect
- Called directly by the former IT VP for Confidential asking if I would j oin onTop
- Migrated 5 Exchange 2010 Organizations to either Exchange 2016 or Office 365
- Designed, installed and maintained both Linux and Windows Application Stacks
- Managed 3 Sr. Engineers as well as the Confidential and vCloud Environments
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
- Migrated HP-UX ERP Systems from Kaman Music to Confidential
- Absorbed the Windows SA and DBA roles, leveraging 3rd party support
- Featured at the Red Hat Summit as an early success story for RHEV
- Automated the patching of 250 Linux Host by using Ansible
- Migrated all consumer websites to AWS leveraging EC2, S3, Route53, and Cloud-Front
Confidential, Englewood, CO.
Principal Systems Admin
- Lobbied for and then led, the 2007 DST Patch Rollout
- Spearheaded Team that configured 500 physical Windows Servers in 60days
- Solely responsible for the design, install and maintenance of Tripwire Enterprise
- Implemented a cross-platform repository for the collection of security logs
Confidential, Monument, CO
Sr. Systems Admin
- Resolved year long problem first week on the job by tracking down a memory leak
- Maintained credit card gateway and transaction hosts
- Installed and maintained Solaris Unix Hosts running Apache and Oracle
- Migrated external DNS and SMTP Services from Windows to Linux