Self - motivated and competent engineer with over 3 years of experience in Project Management, Product Development and Testing in Automotive industry complemented with good technical, team building and interpersonal skills.
Technical: CREO, MATLAB, Simulink, HyperMesh.Project Management, Risk Assessment, DFMEA, DRBFM approach, 8D, APQP methodology, PPAP, PHA
Competencies: Product Engineering Process, ISO/TS 16949, Engineering changes, Budget Planning, Sample Coordination, Product Validation, Product Lifetime Calculation, 5S, Product Benchmarking, Problem Solving approaches.
Additional: German - Basic proficiency (completed level A2), Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Technical Project Manager for the projects of Common Rail Diesel Pumps and Fuel Control units for Automobile manufacturers in India, China, and the USA.
- Tested, investigated, and analyzed the pumps after the completion of Reliability validation and reported the results to customers.
- Managed technical aspects, pre-planning, resource forecasting, documentation, and schedule of the projects.
- Maintained, tracked, and closed open issues of the projects by coordinating with the responsible cross-functional teams.
- Developed the DVP & R for the projects by coordinating with Reliability Engineering team.
- Created DFMEA for the Fuel Control Unit and pumps and organized the design reviews with the moderators.
- Supervised the validation of a cost-effective Fuel Control unit used in Diesel Fuel Injection systems of smaller Diesel Engines.
- Initiated Engineering change requests (ECR) and worked with the cross functional teams for incorporating the required changes.
- Collaborated with ETAS and developed a program using INCA to detect the defective Overflow valves by calculating the average fluctuation in the opening pressure.
- Investigated technical root causes for various 0-mileage and field failures and tracked part warranty status.
- Coordinated for PPAP in the plant and executed product assembly Analysis at the customer end.
- Served as technical interface and communicated the project directions to customers, management, and cross-functional teams.
- Provided technical assistance to Quality teams in China and Italy regarding a pump with lead development in India.
Graduate Engineering Trainee
- Trained in the functions Quality Management, Product Development, Plant maintenance, and Manufacturing of the divisions Gasoline Systems, Starter motors, Alternators, and Spark Plugs during the 1-year Rotational Development Program.
- Simplified the design of an Overflow Valve by working with Design team that resulted in savings of INR 80 per unit.
- Achieved a projected savings of 15 Euro per pump after the risk assessment and removal of the wear resistant coating on pumps.
- Conducted a Methods Time measurement (MTM) study to reduce the final assembly time of Spark Plugs by 1s