- To secure a long - term full-time position in the field of Information Technology specializing in Systems Administration and Cybersecurity.
- Continue to further my education by completing a Master’s degree focusing on Cybersecurity.
- Gain experience and education required to attain CompTIA Security+, MCITP, CCNA, and CISSP certifications.
- Retain a position of increasing responsibility and authority where my work ethic, technical abilities, teamwork, and professionalism can provide maximum long-term benefit to an organization.
- Experience with building, integrating, and configuring new hardware (including handheld computing devices) and incorporating emerging technologies in small office settings.
- Repairing and troubleshooting peripheral devices including input devices, output devices, data storage devices, and A/V components.
- Experience with installing and updating software packages as well as creating and maintaining wired and wireless local area networks.
- Proficiency with administration of Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/10 operating systems, Windows Server environments, Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Systems Administrator/IT Manager
Confidential, Annandale, VA
- Provide expert guidance, direction, and leadership in regards to company's selection and use of technologies
- Responsible for overall implementation, management, security, and maintenance of organization’s IT functions
- Accountable for evaluation of operational efficiency of different IT systems
- Ensure computer systems and all networked peripherals function securely and optimally
- Accountable for security of network and all connected information systems and peripherals
- Plan and implement additions, deletions, and major modifications in pursuit of IT and business goals
- Responsible for administration of Windows Server 2016 infrastructure: Active Directory, DHCP and DNS Servers
- Responsible for optimization and management of CISCO VOIP phone system
- Accountable for modifications and upgrades on existing IT systems and related components
- Responsible for aligning hardware, software, and associated peripherals with organizational needs
- Provide oversight and ongoing management of information security programs and technical systems
- Instruct and train computer users on security policies and procedures
- Provide technical assistance in resolving hardware and software issues by fielding telephone calls and email communication, diagnosing problems, and performing troubleshooting activities for over 120 end users
- Accountable for systems administration activities associated with Office 365
- Responsible for SharePoint development and administration
- Accountable for DFARS and NIST 800-171 compliance
- Responsible for mobile phone configuration and maintenance ( Confidential, Confidential, Confidential )
- Responsible for repair and restoration of malfunctioning IT systems (hardware and software repair of laptop computers, desktop computers, printers, networking devices, and mobile phones)
- Planned and implemented company-wide migration of SharePoint and Microsoft Exchange services resulting in a 60% decrease in IT infrastructure costs
- Planned and implemented Windows Server infrastructure
- Developed and implemented company-wide Cybersecurity policy
- Planned and implemented company VOIP phone system