A detail oriented Confidential Professional with over 20 years’ experience providing creative, cost effective custom solutions and services with data center colocation and cloud computing technologies. I am seeking employment opportunities where I can leverage my professional experience in sales, network engineering, systems engineering, customer service, and technology management that will contribute to the expansion and strength of an organization.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- AWS Business Professional Accreditation
- AWS Technical Professional Accreditation
- VMware Sales Professional Accreditation
- Colocation Data Center Management
- Server Virtualization
- Cloud Web Hosting
- Leased Fiber Optic Ethernet Services
- Microsoft Office 365
- MS Azure
- MS Hyper - V
- Firewall Security
- Network Engineer
- LAN WAN
- Website Development
- Windows Server 2012 & 2003
- Dell Server Hardware
- Dell Switch Hardware
- Cisco Hardware
- Asterisk VoIP
- Ubiquiti Networks
- Google Docs
- Google G-Suite
- Active Directory
- Exchange 2010
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- IBM SoftLayer
IT Project Manager Cloud Services Engineer
- Achieved AWS Business Professional accreditations requirement
- Achieved AWS Technical Professional accreditations requirement
- Achieved Partner Required VMware Sales Professional accreditation (VSP)
- Achieved Partner Required VMware Technical Sales accreditation (VTSP)
- Achieved Partner Required VMware Federal Sales accreditation
- Consulting Partner for Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
- Established strategic Partnership where MARSHALL would have the capability of offering and developing a custom user access portal to IBM’s laaS Platform
- Achieved Partner Required Veeam Sales Professional (VMSP)
- As the Director of Confidential, specializing in managed Data Center Services, I was directly responsible for Confidential 's Internet Service and data center colocation division- Confidential .
- The Confidential Internet service offers direct fiber optic connectivity to the Equinix DC2 data center facility located in Ashburn, Virginia.
- Included in my role was the management of the Network Operations Center- NOC where I was responsible for maintaining a 99.999 percent uptime for all Internet services provided by Confidential .
- The Confidential NOC is responsible for monitoring three colocation data centers and all Confidential point-to-point wireless and fiber optic Internet services in Northern Virginia.
- The Confidential Campus consists of three data centers and 150FT Confidential tower located on a private eight acre campus.
- Windows 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Server
- Exchange 2003/2010 Server
- Blackberry Enterprise Server 4
- Ubuntu & Red Hat Linux
- Confidential Enterprise 8300 VOIP System
- Asterisk VOIP PBX/ SIP Trunking
- Point-to-Point Fiber Optic Service WDM
- Mail Cleaner Open Source Anti Spam
- Vyatta/VYOS/Brocade BGP Routing
- Cisco PIX 515 R/UR Firewall
- Cisco GSR 12000/7200/2600 Series
- Cisco 2900/3500 Series Switches
- HP Procurve 5300 Series Chassis Switch
- Adtran Call Attendant Voicemail Server
- Digium PRI/SIP Gateway
- VMware ESXi /Hyper-V /VirtualBox
- Channelized T3 Service
- 5G Wireless Bridge -Point to Multipoint
Engineered and Implemented
- Provided Server and Network Support for Cyber Security exercises
- Managed Data Center Colocation services for the campaign
- Leveraged Confidential 's data center facilities for the American Samoa Islands
- US Census Disaster Recovery Project
- Repaired and implemented new Windows 2003 Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange 2003 servers.
- Transitioned the company to Asterisk/SIP technology for new business center expansion for the Veterans Administration.
- Retired the legacy Nortel PBX systems.
- As Confidential corporate Network Engineer I leveraged my skills to assess and re-engineer Confidential private data center colocation cage space at Confidential.
- Additionally, I managed Confidential T3 and T1 customers across the Washington DC metropolitan area.
- Beyond Confidential network infrastructure, I was also responsible for Administering and maintaining the corporate Windows 2003 Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 2003 servers and Confidential PBX system.
Projects Engineered and Implemented
- Recruited sales, marketing, and facilities management for business development and cell tower maintenance
- Engineered 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz Wireless Point-to-Point Internet Service
- Expanded fiber optic service to the Confidential DC2
- Responsible for relocating data center co-location customers from Confidential 's main campus to Confidential 's private leased colocation space at Confidential - DC2.
- Responsible for securing and negotiating data center space in Vienna, VA
- Expanded current T3 footprint and T1 consolidation
Customer Software Support Specialist
- I was hired as a Customer Software Support Specialist. My primary responsibility was to interact with the Programming Department and provide recommendations for product revision changes based on deficiencies identified via customer technical support calls.
- In addition, I provided technical support for Credit Union Branch Managers in all aspects of the CompuShare accounting software.
- This included software installation, resolving balancing issues, general ledger setup, running daily/monthly reports, and payroll batch processes.
- I also assisted Credit Unions with debit card and payroll Internet transactions via secure FTP/HTTPS uploads and coordinated Windows peer to peer networking issues with the Hardware Department.
Senior Networking Technical Support
- Senior Networking Support Specialist providing pre-sales Network and Server hardware configurations for Confidential ’s Business Development Managers and Government Resellers nationwide.
- During this time I was a lead technical support specialist for the Confidential Frameworks Total Integration Team where I reviewed custom Server and Network hardware configurations to insure compatibility and optimal configuration before shipping to the customer.
- Transition Networks