Senior IT / Operations Executive
Solutions-focused senior management professional with 20+ years' experience leading business operations and large programs / projects supporting the development and implementation of technology solutions spanning from Fortune 100 companies to Government organizations. Successfully directed global project teams to design and deploy cost-effective, industry-recognized retail and data networking system solutions across IT infrastructures. Highly effective leveraging key relationships, project resources, and emerging technologies to deliver system programs and projects within aggressive deadlines and budgets.
Core Leadership Competencies
Project & Program Management
Strategic Partnerships & Alliances
Strategic IT Planning & Execution
Solution Design & Deployment
Data Networking Solutions Management
Team Leadership & Collaboration
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Confidential, Various Locations
2002 - Present
President/Sr. Program Manager
- Found and managed a professional services consulting firm providing system solutions for clients across diverse industries. Established and maintained cross-functional relationships to facilitate project requirements. Oversaw requirements gathering and documentation, design analysis, product management workflow process, software validation, and technical writing functions.
- Maximized system performance by developing and maintaining a consolidated program-level view of the SAP/Triversity payment gateway application
- Manage $50+ million in IT-related projects that included creating and maintaining program budget to track actual expenditures for Family Dollar's "Store of the Future", Loss Prevention and Procurement programs (POS, PCI / FACTA. SOX Compliance, Procurement, Loss Prevention, Spend Analysis, CRM Marketing Campaigns)
- Program replaced POS systems for over 7,000 stores and 25,000 POS devices.
- Led the design, development and deployment of SAP gateway system that consisted of payment device embedded code development, network diagrams, gateway configurations, and quality assurance. (Credit, Debit, Gift Cards, Loyalty Cards, EBT, Checks)
- Managed product development for eProcurement and Retek systems, providing a single ordering process with a common approval workflow, total spend visibility, report spending patterns across all of IT, and ensures funds are available and properly accounted for before making a purchase. ( Multiple ordering sources, Order Tracking, Invoicing and Compliance Reporting)
- Projects include Client/Server, Human Resources, Payroll, Kronos, Authoria, Taleo, Performance Management, Compensation/Bonus, Pricing, Planning, Merchandising, ASP and SaaS applications such as LobbyWorks, Ariba Spend Analytics, Ariba Supplier Management, DVR Management, Panic Buttons, iShield Video Monitoring, and Code Blue Parking Security
Provide strategic senior management leadership to support enterprise system initiatives for a large merchandise and gas retail chain with annual sales exceeding $8.9 billion. Track and manage IT project deliverables, budgeted resources, and risks across product lifecycle. Provide weekly project status updates for senior executive management and key stakeholders. Direct product lifecycle supporting applications, systems, servers, and interfaces to process payment transactions.
- Spearhead project to design and deploy a customized Retalix store point fuel and payment retail system to replace the legacy system for 1,700+ convenience stores and 650+ Food Service organizations (Subway, Dairy Queen. Hardees and Aunt M's) across the southeastern U.S in order for the organization to become PCI compliant.
- Manage a 15-member team accountable for overseeing project requirements, system and code development and maintenance, quality assurance, security and deployment.
- Lead PCI and FACTA initiative for payment processing compliance across all facets of the organization
- Responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of corporate-wide IT practices, polices and procedures.
- Projects included Food Service technology replacement, Kiosk/ Fuel Pump/Verifone marketing programs, and digital signage.
- Product Manager for a 13-member project team to develop and implement the $10 million ATQA SaaS system that provided online air traffic incident reporting for over 10,000 employees within the FAA.
- Responsible for developing, coordinating, implementing, evaluating and advising FAA management on IT strategies that related to Department of Transportation's Air Traffic Quality Assurance program through the SDLC of the product.
- Decreased incident reporting time by 90%+ with significant reductions in costs by standardizing IT processes and leveraging Rational Unified Process (RUP) to deliver highly quality system project (ATQA) on time and within budget.
- Developed and maintained annual budgets for Federal proposals for maintaining the ATQA program
- Planned and coordinated the preparation, configuration, and deployment of relational tool processes to meet FAA project requirements.
Confidential, Cary, NC
1997 - 2002
Senior Product Manager
Led product technology assessments from concept through execution that included producing recognized standard network configuration functionality for Nortel product line. Managed and trained five direct reports.
- Realized a 1200% return on invested capital within one year by serving as part of a management team responsible for successfully building and selling Netsation, a venture-backed network software company.
- Provided data networking expertise for a development team responsible for creating an automated configuration tool that met the needs of network engineers.
- Acted as technology liaison to all hardware device groups within Nortel Networks to support over 40 additional networking devices within NETconfigurator ASP solution.
Previous Work HistorySenior Networking Engineer, Bunce Consulting, Cary, NC
Confidential1990 - 1997
- B.A. in Business & Economics, Minor: Computer Science & Accounting
Software: SAP/Triversity POS, Retalix StorePoint, Air Traffic Quality Assurance, Microsoft Office Suite, Publisher, MS Project, SAP, QuickBooks, Visio Hardware: Cisco/Nortel/Bay Routers, Switches, Hubs, Wireless Applications Operating Systems: Windows, Linux Networking Protocols: Frame-Relay, APPN, ISDN, DLSW, OSPF, RIP, BGP, IGRP, Dial Backup, Multi-Point, Point to Point