5 Years Experience in maintaining, troubleshooting and upgrading to software/hardware level in network environment.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands on experience with IT Track-It and ConnectWise software
- Working knowledge of terminal services to support remote users
- Supporting and maintaining user profiles, documents, mailboxes using Active Directory in Windows 2003 server and exchange server
- Expert in building various PC systems from scratch including configuration of Bios, multiple video cards, multiple monitors, etc.
- Expert in evaluating, building, installing, testing, maintaining and supporting PCs and laptops, peripherals, operating systems and applications.
- Installs and supports desktop and networked printers.
- Support and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Managed network resources by applying GPO’s
- Support and troubleshoot VPN users connectivity
- Certified CompTIA Network+ Technician,
- Windows 2008/2003/2000 Server
- Windows 7, Vista, XP, ME, NT4, 98
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, WINS, IIS, Terminal Services, Print and File Services
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
- TCP/IP troubleshooting techniques
- Ticket systems: Track-IT and ConnectWise
- Remote software: Bomgar
Desktop engineer 10/2010-12/2010 Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Support Clients using ConnectWise and Bomgar
- Support VPN users and network connectivity, Terminal servers, Exchange server, windows 2008/2003, printers, shared folders, Outlook 2007/2003, Trend Micro, Symantec and McAfee
IT Administrator 01/2008-02/2010 Confidential, Campbell, CA
- Set up, troubleshoot and managing windows 2000/2003 server, Implement IT policies, manage the network resources, printers, NT backup, user accounts and profiles.
- Responsible for on-going technical support and daily maintenance of LAN/WAN, daily/monthly operations of corporate computer systems, system security maintenance, and troubleshooting at both server and network levels
- Responsible for the evaluation, installation and maintenance of network applications, including operating systems, application software, user connectivity, and network management,
- Maintaining and administering server applications and functionality
System Administrator 05/2007-01/2008 Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Managed user accounts (adding, modifying, deleting)
- Applied GPO’s
- Managed logon scripts
- Managed email accounts in exchange server environment
- Managed user profiles in active directory (Installing new software, access to shared folders in the domain, user’s documents)
- Added, configured and troubleshooting printers throughout domain in active directory
- Troubleshooting outlook issues
- Maintained servers (installing patches, hard drive maintenance)
- Tracked and updated network issues using IT Track-IT
- Managed network printers using command line
10/2005-03/2006 Confidential, Cupertino, CA
- Building systems, Imaging and testing the software and Hardware component.
- Installed windows XP and tested HP software compatibility
- Evaluating an attribute or capability of HP programs and systems and determining that it meets its required results
2002-2006 Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Attending College as a full time student and Finished 48 units in Windows/ Linux administration
- Linux Administration Graduate, 2005
- General Network Administration Graduate, 2005
- MCSA Network Administration Graduate, 2005
- Network+ Certified
03/2000 – 07/2002 Confidential, Fremont, CA
- Responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance and problem resolution of the desktop computer hardware and software and peripherals (printers, etc.)
- Installed and configure Windows 95/98,win 2000Pro/Server, Win NT workstation/Server, MAC operating systems and third party software tools in a network environment.
- Made fresh ghost images (Win 98/2000/NT) for IBM/Compaq/Toshiba laptops and Dell /Clone desktop platform.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware failures and identify network problems related to PCs and Desktops.
- Installed different Microsoft security patches according to customer request.
- Installed Linux on PC platform
- Break_fix repair and troubleshooting
- Responsible for fix and troubleshoot network problems in customer site