I am an IT analyst, senior level professional, specializing in software. Clever at coming up with solutions in less than ideal situations. Proactive in my thinking and have proven results with government clients. I thrive in every project that I am involved in, prudent in cost effectiveness and meticulous to detail.
T ECHNICAL SKILLS
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Systems Analyst (specialty, Software)
- Lead technical analyst
- Competent in software development processes
- Contributes to quality technical documentation
- Support enterprise - mandated processes and methodologies
- Trusted and disciplined remote office worker
- Tester for COTS products
- Software DevOps, Testing
- Lead deployment engineer for SOA web services
- Support and troubleshoot production issues administered software development team's build system
- Assist in build-outs and installations of software environments
- Support SQA testers
- Software Developer
- Self-taught software programmer (C, C++, Linux/Unix, Oracle PL/SQL)
- Provide technical support to application administrators
- Technical advisor to testing and training teams
- Software and hardware installer for DoS Passport offices
- Operating Systems Redhat, Solaris, Ubuntu Linux, Windows, DOS, VAX/VMS
- Application Servers WebLogic, Oracle Service Bus, Apache
- IDEs and Tools Parasoft Dev Testing, Maven, Ant, Atlassian, Borland C++, Netbeans, Eclipse, Visual Studio
- Version Control Subversion, StarTeam, TFS, IBM Rational Team Concert
- Test Tools Selenium IDE, soapUI
- ALM Tools IBM Rational 6.0, HP ALM 11
- Hardware Xyplex terminal servers, routers, hubs, various peripherals related to processing of US Passports such as OCR, image and document scanners, printers and label makers, passport book printers
Applications Systems Analyst
- Became skilled in the IBM Rational 6.0 tool suite: Rational Doors Next Generation (RDNG), Quality Manager (QM) and Rational Team Concert (RTC)
- Knowledgeable with Rational client tools, such as: Eclipse RTC, RTC Shell, Jazz Command line, Excel/Word QM Importer
- Authored documents about the Rational tools - such as Operating Procedure, Tool Mentors and Requirement Artifact Change Control
- Manage and administer requirement, test and development assets in Rational
- Frequently consult and advise VA project analysts about tool usage
- Support documentation reviews for both VA Enterprise's project management methodologies under PMAS, VIP
- Participated in requirements analysis for product solution geared towards web service development
- Install, configure SonarQube and Jenkins build server to conduct on-demand source code quality scans
- Providing operations and administrative support for various aspects of the Parasoft system, Concerto server and client-side IDEs.
- Supporting development team members with Parasoft usage: static code analysis, metrics calculation, code reviews, unit test creation/execution, interpreting results.
- SOAtest static analysis for web languages and web service testing.
- AnthillPro remote client support for Parasoft static code analysis scripts - Windows and Ant.
- Assisting in tests of new releases of the COTS product, troubleshooting when necessary and documenting in HP Quality Center.
- Supporting management reports, code quality rules documentation.
- Work with vendor, identifying issues with the product.
- Knowledgeable with various source code repositories, Borland StarTeam and MS Team Foundation Server, which are used with Parasoft.
- Specializing in Eclipse workspace build errors, identification and resolution.
- Visual Studio IDE experience
- Comfortable giving Demos and briefings to a variety of audiences.
- IT enthusiast, and productive working with MS Windows 7/ Office 2010 tool suite
- Productive with Linux operating systems on an intermediate level.
- Strong command line interface skills, writing shell scripts.
- Comfortable working when there is no GUI available.
- Administered and implemented Sonar source code quality builds, database schema promotion jobs in Bamboo continuous integration server.
- Practical knowledge of IDES, Java and .NET source code compilation and unit test execution.
- Provide guidance, training to developers and system administrators, demonstrating tools to them such as soapUI, Hermes JMS and Selenium IDE.
- Administrator of Atlassian Tools, namely, Bamboo, Confluence Wiki, Jira, Fisheye and Crowd, integrated via OpenLDAP.
- Lead technical support for various Oracle 11g products such as: Weblogic Server, Service Bus and RDBMS.
- Skilled and persistent in solving issues with COTS installation and configuration.
- Prepare and oversee software releases, ensuring integrity of the build, package of release to Configuration Management and upload/deploy and smoke test to various software environments within the VA, including Production.
- Responsible for overall maintenance and upkeep of Development, Integrated Development, Pre-Production and Production environments.
- Perform as-needed database administration tasks under Oracle 11g database.
- Technical resource for installation guides and release notes towards completion of the customized middleware application.
- Implemented, modified and unit tested applications software.
- Debugged software coding errors, developed new user interfaces and provided ideas to the projects.
- Contributed to the success of a major system upgrade to the U.S. Passport photo-digitization effort by developing in Borland C++ and ActiveX components, the front-end part of the system which collects all Passport image data (using a state-of-the-art document scanner).
- Designed and coded image modification screens by using the Leadtools Image processing SDK.
- Provided technical support to the passport agency system administrators, nation-wide, by on-site assistance or telephone call-ins.
- Assisted with user's manual documentation and system integration testing as needed.
- Facilitated in routine system upgrades by installing hardware (bar code readers, OCR passport book scanners, label makers and printers) and networking components (Xyplex terminal servers, dumb terminals, terminal emulating software, modem cards and hubs) in a hybrid Unix and Windows environment or Unix only.
- Implemented and maintained software code to support tracking of government contract data.
- Coded and tested numerous data entry screens in the Oracle development environment on a VAX/VMS mainframe platform.
- Became proficient in SQL, Oracle SQL*Forms, triggers, PL/SQL, SQL*Reportwriter.
- Provided technical input and opinions to the quality control test group to assist them in writing effective testing procedures.
- Participated in the execution of testing procedures on an as needed basis.
- Held a secret-level clearance.
- Related Training and Special Experience, Qualifications, and/or Certifications I am bilingual and can speak English and Filipino fluently.
- Databases Oracle 11g, Informix C-ISAM, Microsoft Access